Creating an ABDL Social Media Account

selv14

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I've always wanted to create a second social media (SM) account. As a flailing ABDL writer I understand that these are ways to connect with more people. And I guess many people do have ABDL Snapchats and Instagrams. I myself have an ABDL Tumblr.

The thing is, I already own a vanilla Instagram and Twitter account. And I'm concerned that if I create an ABDL account, these companies will link my ABDL account to my Vanilla account. Facebook is definitely capable of this. I'm worried that a hack or government policy for identifying data might pose problems in the future. But these happen to all accounts. At the practical level, I'm worried that ABDL ads will appear on my vanilla SMs, and suggested content will include ABDL stuff.

To give an example on how loose privacy is as of now, I was googling motorcycles of a certain make, on my computer with Facebook open without incognito mode. And for weeks afterward I kept seeing ads for this particular product on my Instagram. (Insta is owned by FB)

If I were to create an ABDL Twitter, I have to accept the risk of the company knowing my ABDL and Vanilla accounts belong to me. But is this risk worth it? What are your experiences of creating an ABDL SM in addition to an existing vanilla one?

I've started fake Twitter accounts before (not for ABDL) but I've never had any problems with it being linked to my normal account.

I have an ABDL account on Twitter, but nowhere else. I don't want to take the risk further.

I have an ABDL Tumblr. It's connected to a fakename Hotmail account, which is accessed incognito on a VPN. It's not connected to any Facebook account, or even accessed from the same browser as my Facebook account.

Now, I will say that I do recognize a few followers from my vanilla Tumblr accounts following my diaper account, but they have not shown any sign that they recognize me. (This does give me hope for acceptance if I am ever in a situation where I have to come out.)

It's easy to stay under the radar. It just takes a few extra steps.

Just don't show your face on your ABDL page and problem solved and never use your real name or your real email address or link anything to your real self you would post on your real account. Like do not post the same photos on your ABDL page you do on your normal page. They could easily be traced to your ABDL account via image search.

I was going to suggest VPN, but @OmiOMy beat me to it. Take their suggestions!

I have been thinking about getting a VPN, but there are so many out there and I'm not sure if I should put money to it. My concern is my phone and tweeting is a spontaneous thing - when you think of it you tweet on the spot - so logging into Twitter on my phone is something I'd consider . But yeah, privacy first, so we'll see about that. Thanks for the tips!

All the big guys are doing an impressive (and unsettling) job at connecting the dots between online identities. We're way beyond the days of basic email address and cookie based tracking. This coupled by the fact that services are often insisting on a phone number (because its a lot more hassle to get a throwaway phone number than it is a throwaway email) is making it hard to maintain distinct online identities.
You can lock down your browser, but personally I think the best approach for the truly paranoid is to maintain a completely separate browser instance, in order or paranoia: different profile, different user, running in a sandbox, vm or docker container. Separate email account is a no-brainer. Something like tor, or if you don't want to deal with the headaches that come from browsing the web via tor, a vpn, is also a really good idea.
Then you have to be careful about what you post. Put where you went to school, they might recommend you to someone who also went there. Same as any notable event/etc. You've also got to consider not just what they are using now to match A to B, but what they might in the future. For instance I think image based matching is well within our future.
Really with any social media, once you put something out there, while you can take some steps, you are effectively losing control of that content and no longer have any say on who or where it ends up. This is fine(ish) but you do want to make sure you understand and are ok with the risks.

Reactions: Trevor
Back