Creating A 24hour Diaper

xetalfoxclaw

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Other
Been reading through some of the past posts regarding long term wearing and have an opportunity coming up to try it out for myself. I'll have the house to myself for multiple days in the coming month and have been thinking about how to create a 24 hour ready diaper and see how it goes. Only for pee, no messing mind you!

Looking for some ideas on this. Current thinking is double diapers mixed with booster pads. From skin contact outwards the layering would be:
- Booster Pad
- Megamax Medium (Slits cut into plastic backing)
- Booster Pad
- Megamax Large

I understand necessary steps to protect skin during and afterwards. Yes it might smell after a while, I have no plans to eat a bunch of asparagus the night before... I'll have lots of time after to let skin breath as I'm not a regular wearer (only for pleasure).

Any other ideas on how you would go about doing this?

No thank you.

Reactions: Edgewater
I'd not recommend that idea. Being in a diaper for around half of the time already smells noticeable more. You'll definitely have to shower afterwards.

If you still want to do it, your idea is mostly what I'd say: Choose a diaper which can hold a lot, like the MegaMax. Add boosters and create a double diaper pack. Works better when the inner diaper is smaller, as it seems you already know. Besides that, wearing a plastic pants over everything seems useful, if you have one.

Another question: Can you stay 24 hours without pooping? Would be hard for me. If not, a theoretical idea for males would be using the inner diaper only for poop. So chances are way better it will hold, when it's not mixed with pee.

However, keeping a messy diaper on for so long seems a even worse idea to me, than it's already with pee. Tools like cream and powder are not designed for that. Don't get it personal, it's just my opinion that it would be better to create just a thick diaper pack, that you will fill to the max and change in around the half of the time. If you don't agree, it's your freedom to still keep your diaper on as long as you like.

Reactions: Jorelaxed
Thanks for the useful comment DiaperTV. Agree and understand the recommendation. I'm regular every evening for number 2, no real concerns there about accidents either. No mess at any time while wearing and if the need somehow arises, well, experiment is over then :)

Similarly, if at any time if becomes uncomfortable, game over as well. I'm not out to set any endurance records or anything like that. Like I mentioned, I wear for pleasure only. I read about others experiences and figured I'd see what it is like. If I had to say, it would mainly just be for curiosity and experiencing things in my life. What better way to try and understand than to try it once myself I guess?

After reading my initial post, I'm thinking a bit more context is needed. Would do the usual routine before bed (Pee/Poop) then put on the diaper. I don't wet at night, and sleep 7-8hours pretty easily. Total potential time with being wet after waking up would be at most 13-14 hours. Also, no plans to push it past then. Shower afterwards and of course the evening number 2.

Reactions: DiaperTV
Here's a good example. We had a significant cold front move through over the weekend but it "bottomed out" temp wise Monday night. Now, Monday I worked for 7+ hours (not very hard, but worked) and when I came home I had to fix a riding lawnmower (45 mins, not at all physical) and after that my friend's boat that wouldn't crank over, tilt/trim wouldn't work. I asked him IF the batteries were all charged, IF the terminals were tight and all connections cleaned and he swore they were. Yeah, right!

The boat melted to post off of a brand new $250 dollar battery due to a loose connection arcing (luckily for him I only had to switch to a marine (automotive style) terminal and saved his battery. EVERY connection was not only loose, but every wire ring was corroded/filthy. The best was the starting/cranking battery was DEAD! Not down on charge. FLAT DEAD! Registered 10.2 volts. I tested the cells with a hydrometer and they were all equally dead, so it wasn't a shorted cell. Then I start testing the leads from his $450 battery charger. The neg lead to that battery had ZERO copper strands remaining for the last 1.5'2" of wire and the ring terminal LITERALLY pulled apart without effort. 4/6 charger cables had the exact same issue except only the negative lead on that particular battery was no longer capable of carrying ANY current. I figure that poor battery hadn't been charged since I charged them myself in May. The fact he didn't wind up stranded 8-10 miles from the launch is nothing short of a miracle as that battery had just enough charge to finally die when he was trying to put his boat back on the trailer last week! SO I dig out a bunch or ring terminals, marine shrink tubing (has a low temp glue that melts and completely seals the connections making the cable impervious to moisture....something you'd THINK would be standard with EVERY SINGLE CONNECTION on a $35000 boat! Boat wiring is amongst the lowest quality work EVER seen in ANY industry and in the marine environment, ANY possible moisture intrusion equals INSTANT corrosion! I want to shoot him as he has NO CLUE how to start this outboard, run a jet outboard etc. yet continually "tries" to fix these issues himself and never fails to create more work for me.

Fast forward to later Monday night. very low 50s, maybe real high 40s. Either way, I woke up @ 3:30 AM with wicked chills and had to fire up my Propane wall heater! IN FUCKING AUGUST! I was in AGONY all day Tuesday and literally could not get myself out of bed. My shoulders, elbows, wrists, knees and hips were ALL KILLING ME and I never have had ANY pain in any of those areas. My back was toast and my headache a good 9/10 which is *almost* totally unheard of in the summer!

Now...the BIGT problem with what you're planning is that the temperature in the first diaper and especially that booster pad, encapsulated underneath a 2nd booster pad and diaper is going to cause the urine in the diaper/booster closest to your skin is going to break down faster than normal due to high temperatures. You have a great recipe for one hell of a diaper rash.

IF you wear a Megamax and a tranquility XL contour booster pad you very well may possibly go 24 gull hours without a leak. I've gone past 24 hours (not by choice) and haven't leaked using a Betterdry and XL contour booster (I found Tranquility to be the most absorbent by a substantial amount) and then you won't be insulating the innermost booster pad and innermost diaper. Make sure you're skin is CLEAN beforehand, apply a heavy coating of the rash preventative cream of your choice and go for it. That's a much more responsible way to do what you're thinking of doing. A double diaper while maybe aesthetically pleasing (to some, I am not speaking for myself) causes a LOT of negatives.

I wish you the best. Feel free to ask any advice.

CptKirk

Now...my reason for writing all of this information? I went to bed at 8 ON Monday night, out by 9 as I was up the garage that morning working not long after 8 AM after waking up @ 6 AM. I passed out within 15-20 minutes. I woke up at 1:30 or so, VIOLENTLY shaking (chills/freezing) despite shutting all fans off before going to bed as it was already cool. It took just about everything I had to get out of bed, hobble over to the propane 5 brick burner, turn the propane on and after getting sick of trying to light it with the lighting assembly not all that different than a gas grill lighter I put some lighter fluid into a Zippo I keep by that stove as it's always a bitch to purge any air and get it to burn. Once lit lighter is placed near the propane discharge and the prime button is held down, it lights up and stays alight within 5-15 seconds, depending on how long it had been used. I had to stand in front of that heater on full blast for over 15 minutes before the chills subsided. I turned it down most of the way as I didn't want to make it hot, just wanted to get the cool air warmed a little.

I went back to bed after a little over 20 minutes and to my amazement, I fell back to sleep in short order. I usually CAN'T fall back to sleep for 3-7 hours after waking up which is a HUGE issue I've been living with for years now. I had my alarms set for 630 as I was planning on working on my Monte Carlo again on Tuesday. Well, so much for that plan! I could NOT MOVE AT ALL! I couldn't even roll over to shut the alarm off. That was the only worthy point of the entire day! The soon to be Ex woke up and was PISSED she had to turn it off! By the time I woke up again it was after 3:30 PM. I was in the same diaper for17 1/2 hours. I was still hurting in a bad way, but had to force myself to change, get a number of pills and a fresh diaper and a pack of wipes. I rarely use wipes as i usually shower but could barely move and it literally took everything I had in order to do this little bit. The smell after just shy of 18 hours was enough to knock a cow over, and that was only a wet diaper!

Reactions: Jorelaxed
I've worn a diaper for 24+ hours several times while testing them for my little project. I didn't have any problems with my skin, though everyone is different.

These were premium diapers like the Tykables Camelot and Trest Elite, and I was drinking a lot to fill them to about 4,000 ml, roughly twice the normal daily output of someone my size, because I was trying to find the maximum capacity. However, I was standing up all day (working at a standing desk in my home office) even for meals, and peeing frequently in small amounts, like at least every 15 minutes with an interval timer.

Under these perfect conditions, you can get a lot of use out of a premium diaper (here are the highest capacity diapers of those I've tested). Assuming you will be sitting down a lot, you can expect about half of that capacity, but you should still be able to go 24 hours with one of these diapers as long as you're not going out of your way to drink a lot, and as long as you wet frequently instead of flooding.

A MegaMax will give you about 3/4 of the capacity of a Tykables Camelot or Cammies, or a Trest Elite. A booster might help, but I've had mixed results with those. Double-diapering with MegaMax as you're planning will probably do the job. If it were me, I'd use two MegaMaxes and skip the boosters, but I haven't really tested these options.

With extended wear, the diaper is going to get heavy enough that you may need some help keeping it on. Something like a onesie or singlet that is tight enough to keep the diaper on is also going to compress it, taking away some of the capacity. So you might consider suspenders, the beefy kind with serious teeth used for holding up heavy work pants.

I wish you luck with your plan. You may have to experiment a few times before you get the right setup to go 24 hours, but I think it will be a rewarding experience. I've certainly enjoyed it.

Last edited:
Reactions: theancientmariner
I can fill a tykables camelots with a booster pad in less than 12 hours having a weak bladder passed down from my mother. Love being in diapers 24/7 on my off days of work.

Reactions: WillFord384
The longest I lasted was 20 hours on a Trest elite. That was one soggy, bulgy diaper.

Reactions: WillFord384
Thanks all for your replies and advice. Much appreciated. Agree boosters can be hit and miss with myself as well. :cautious:

Sag of the diaper is something not considered, good point there. Being an occasional wearer without any AB tendancies I don't have a onesie or similar clothes, may need to place an order.

Interesting story regarding the boat CptKirk, seen similar myself with people thinking shrink tubes are universal. I just picked up a '68 Starcraft Falcon at one of our local auctions for not much more than what a tank of gas would cost. Will be doing a complete strip and rebuild from ground (water) up. Wife said we didn't need another boat, but showed her photos of what others had done with their restorations and she gave me the go ahead (y)

Reactions: CptKirk
I can't recommend against this enough
change at least every 8hrs
your skin will thank you

xetalfoxclaw said:
Thanks all for your replies and advice. Much appreciated. Agree boosters can be hit and miss with myself as well. :cautious:

Sag of the diaper is something not considered, good point there. Being an occasional wearer without any AB tendancies I don't have a onesie or similar clothes, may need to place an order.

Interesting story regarding the boat CptKirk, seen similar myself with people thinking shrink tubes are universal. I just picked up a '68 Starcraft Falcon at one of our local auctions for not much more than what a tank of gas would cost. Will be doing a complete strip and rebuild from ground (water) up. Wife said we didn't need another boat, but showed her photos of what others had done with their restorations and she gave me the go ahead (y)
PICS! Post pics!

I've gone 12 hrs in a tykables overnight and dubbler. The weight! It was hard to walk. 24hrs? I can only imagine.

I once had a very long day travelling, with multiple delays, and I think I was on hour 15 when I finally had a chance to change. Athough I had to work up a bit of courage to do that in the public restroom, the change was both necessary and awesome. Even though I was using a top quality, high capacity diaper...15 hours is above and beyond the call of duty (as an aside, kudos to Incontrol for their great products. 15 hours of continuous use, and it was still in surprisingly good shape!)

Point being, I don't recommend going much beyond 12 hours or so, regardless of what you're using, let alone 24 hours. I get it that you're talking about a more recreational use of the products, but still, hygiene matters :)

Back