Crayons, pencils or felt tips?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LittleBelleReturns

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Little
I need to get some new colouring stuff, so I need opinions, which do you prefer to colour with, crayons, pencils or felt tips? :)

I would have to say crayons

I have been using color pencils as of late. The 50 count box of Crayola color pencils are very good.

For art, I tend to use either felt tip (prismacolor) or pastels.

For doodling in the bath tub, I have some bath crayons I draw on the tiles with.

Why not all three? :smile1: unless it comes down to funds.

My wife bought me a couple of adult coloring books along with some good quality coloring pencils and felt tip pens. I actually like both of them. I use the colored pencils in one book and the felt tips in the other book.

I like crayons the best. I make sure to get the boxes with a sharpener in it because I like a nice point on my crayons. I do occasionally like colored pencils. Never really liked felt tip markers.

It depends on what I'm coloring, if it is an adult coloring book where the areas are little I use either colored pencils or fine tipped markers. These are the coloring books that I use at work. If I'm at home and using my fun coloring books of cartoons and Barbie and stuff then I use crayons. I have the huge crayola caddy. The smell alone is awesome let alone it's easier to use over the larger surfaces of regular coloring books.

i like color pencils i have this thing about coloring between the lines. before adult coloring book became all the rage i was taking kids ones and coloring in them. i have shelve of old one.

I like crayons lots especially the crayola ones they are really good. I also like pencils too. I got a bug jar and it is filled with bug pencils. They aren't really real bugs they are just bug patterns because I think bugs are cool even though people hate them. Anyway, yea I like pencils and crayons. If I was drawing a picture I'd probably use colouring pencils but if I was colouring in in a comic I'd probably use crayons. Also I don't like felt tips because they are messy and run out of colours too much. but one time my husband got me a colouring book and he got me some felt tips with it. So I used them to colour in and it was ok until I lost a lid and one of them dried up!

crayons. Just way more fun! :biggrin:

I think crayons will make you feel a lot more little but for me personally I like pencils to colour as I can have them really sharp and pretend they're mini javelins to throw at those pesky wrackspurts ;)

Haha thank you all for the replies! I am the proud owner of frozen crayons and some colouring pencils now :D

Crayons

I'm all about my colouring pencils, even when I'm not in little space :)

For a while I liked colored pencils better, but nowadays I color with crayons.

if your coloring in childrens coloring books and you want it to look cute like a child's drawing then crayons. If you want it to look more grown up then colored pensils. If your using an adult coloring book or a book with thick edges and you want it to look nice felt tips are the way to go. The plus side to the crayons though is there are hundreds of colors of crayons. They make alot less of the other two. Good luck and happy coloring

pencils

I'm best with a 2H pencil and kneaded eraser (allows you to make mistakes as many times as you want until you get it right) followed by pastel or vine charcoal followed by compressed. That's if you want to go "try-hard" on your drawings. If you want to make little-inspired art, then go for crayons or cheap water colors!

I remember saturating my paper watercolor drawings so much in kindergarten that the paper would get soggy and would tear. That was little me alright. I took things overboard sometimes. I once dumped an entire jar of sprinkles on my birthday cake. ^~^U

Crayons, all the way. I have a big box of 64.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back