• Please go to your preferences page and make sure your "See Mature Topics" setting is set. Setting it to "Yes" means you see the Mature Topics forum (contains political and religious debates). Setting it to "No" means you do not see those threads.

Crashing...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur
So today i was on my way home from town and ...kinda passed out behind the wheel..the car hit a ditch, ran up an embankment , and then veered back in the road....luckly i wasnt hurt and was able to get home..but this isnt the first time i have passed out while driving, but the first crash

Pojo

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
You should seriously figure out what's wrong, and you should have stopped driving a while ago. I hope you don't keep on driving.

Role
going to the doc next week and no, no more driving for me till i see a doc.

Point

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Little
Are you getting enough sleep? :(

My friend had this happen, too, except he got his face burned by some chemicals. Consider yourself lucky, at least, for not getting yourself hurt!

Point

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Little
Wha? That's an anecdote that demands elaboration... o_O
Well, that's just it. I don't know anything except for that he left the orchestra rehearsal on Saturday night, and when I saw him on Monday he had all these red marks on his face and people were talking about it. It's old news though, and he wasn't injured in any permanent way, so it's not too interesting.

He fell asleep at the wheel though. :D

Role
Private
Had this happen once before, not as dramatic just hit some turtles. I had been having sleep issues but that was my "time to go to the doctor signal." They put me on ambien for two weeks but after the first I was doing a lot better.

Role
i greyed out then blacked out...my head got foggy , head throbbed some, and bam, i was out

Fire2box

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
I am glad you and everyone else no the road is okay. Car accidents that major are freakin scary.

Role
Private
I wouldn't bother speculating on the cause until you head to the physician's office.

Until then:
  1. Eat, exercise, and sleep in healthful ways
  2. Get enough water to drink
  3. Don't drive or operate machinery/equipment

Good luck!

NEJay

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
Wha? That's an anecdote that demands elaboration... o_O
Airbags in cars are lubricated by a powder that can cause rashes in some people(so it will deploy properly and not stick to itself). Regardless, much better than slamming your head against the steering column.

To the OP, glad you're safe, but something is wrong if you're passing out behind the wheel. Be glad you didn't hit and hurt/kill another motorist.

Lowie

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Diaperfur, Carer
Yeah, go to a doctor ASAP.

My stepdad had something similar happen, expect he sideswiped a semi truck and nearly died. (He had a work overload with no sleep)

Glad to hear that nobody was hurt.

B

Butterfly Mage

My brother wrecked his car in a spectacular way last year. In his case, he was on medicine in which there was an extremely small percentage chance of sudden fatigue. Unfortunately for him, he was in that lucky 1% or so. He hit a tow truck head on.

Of course, since he hit a tow truck, he didn't have to wait long for his car to get towed, har har.

His seat belt saved his life. He got a mild concussion and a broken collar bone (from the seat belt) but that was it. His car was totalled. Needless to say, he got his medicine changed.

On the bright side, he did get an unrelated but potentially lethal health problem diagnosed at the hospital at an early enough stage that it was 100% treatable. So having a bad car accident had the unintended effect of saving his life.

I've wrecked a few cars in my life too. Blackouts are pretty common for people with dissociative disorders. Fortunately, I changed jobs three years ago and only drive 1.5 miles to work now. I probably shouldn't drive at all, but I do have to earn a living. So finding a job with a very short commute seemed to be the best compromise.

Jeremiah

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
I prefer to be wide awake and alert when I wreck a vehicle. It is quite an adrenaline rush to suddenly realize that the vehicle your are in is about to sustain serious damage. Thankfully, I have been able to avoid crashing for a couple years now.

My first wreck was quite disturbing. I was cruising north along a divided highway about 60 mph in a 55 mph zone just north of Oregon and south of the Tri-Cities in Washington. The sun set occurred just before I crossed the state boarder and it was early January.The weather had been 70 degrees Fahrenheit all day and it had been a very nice drive up to that point. As I was taking a long sweeping left hand turn, the rear of the compact pickup started sliding toward the outside of the corner. I noted the steep slope dropping down to the other traffic direction as I gently counter-steered. When I turned the wheel, the back end whipped around in the opposite direction and brought me across the right lane, emergency lane, through the ditch, and stopped part way up the bank on the right side of the road. It took a moment for the shock of what just happened to wane before I got out to survey what had happened. Upon stepping out of the truck, I promptly slipped and fell on my rear. Frost was forming on the road and I had found a slick spot. The truck had spun out on the incline and the counter-steer had cause the truck to spin 270 degrees. I could see the tire tracks in the frost and saw how the truck came to rest upon the uphill bank. The front bumper was resting on the emergency lane, the front tires were centered over the ditch, but not touching the ground. The rear axle and tires was also off the ground because the rear bumber was resting upon the hillside. The truck sustained 2 flat tires, a broken tie-rod, and a few minor dings. I was fine.

The next crash occurred several years later as I was driving down I-90 through Wyoming. I had traded my truck the day prior and was driving my first diesel pickup which had an automatic transmission, another first. This truck was also shorter than the previous one. On a patch of ice, the rear tires started spinning and the truck started sliding sideways just before a gentle turn in the road. The truck slid sideways into the grassy center median while I was thinking "My insurance rates are about to go up." Just before the truck stopped, the driver side tires caught traction and the truck gently flopped onto its driver side. As soon as the truck came to a complete stop, the cooler full of MT Dew cans left the passenger seat, went past my face, and broke my driver side window. The following morning, I saw a faint red imprint of the steering wheel and cruise-control buttons on my chest.

My last incident happened a couple years ago. I was exiting the interstate in a pickup truck with a full trailer behind me. The total combined weight was 16,500 lbs. The exit was slopped down hill and curved under the freeway. When I saw the red stop light and backed up traffic, I was in a panic to stop very fast. My truck ABS systems was squealing tires as the Honda driver in front of me was becoming distressed at the sight in his rear view mirror. I stopped just shy of plowing his car with my front bumper. My front license plate scratched his rear bumper and a tow hook put a small ding into his trunk lid. Considering the circumstances, he was exceptionally polite.

Vehicles have the potential to cause serious bodily injury or harm. Driving should never be done impaired. Fire_lupine06, I hope that your doctor is able to determine what is wrong.

Role
Diaper Lover, Carer, Private
I have a kind of car sickness that doesn't make me sick, it just get very tired. It was so bad when I was little that I'd fall asleep in any moving Vehicle after about 5 minits. It's much better now, but I still get a little uncomfortable while driving. Maby you have something like that.

scoo

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Diaperfur
This has happend to me before. Good luck at the doctors.

Status
Not open for further replies.