Covid jab, here I come!

PQNY

Saddle up!
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
I'm 28 with asthma and I'm surprised I haven't heard from anyone about finally getting my first jab.

I honestly can't wait. Having everything go back to the way it was... bring it on.

ade

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Other
I'm 28 with asthma and I'm surprised I haven't heard from anyone about finally getting my first jab.

I honestly can't wait. Having everything go back to the way it was... bring it on.
Check with your medical service provider.
And don't forget that even with a good vaccination uptake, things aren't going to be as they were for a few years. Keep an eye on the restriction changes for two weeks following as there's a lag between cause and effect.

MaxxH

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover

Not sure how it is in the UK, but in the US nobody comes looking for you. You have to take the initiative and put yourself on a waiting list (or more than one).

County health departments, pharmacies, school districts, city alderman's offices, hospitals and medical groups. A hodge podge of organizations have wangled themselves vaccine allocations. People who are in a hurry to get jabbed sign up on multiple lists. I was in no particular hurry, so I only signed up for my county health department, mostly so Mrs. Maxx and Mrs. Junior would shut up about it. A few weeks later they sent me an email saying it was my turn to book an appointment online. I did.

Similar in Florida where my sister got my mom signed up at Publix (a large grocery/pharmacy chain). The process there involved catch as catch can online appointments put up on their website at 7am when they got their vaccine allocation.

Mrs. Maxx got hers via the school district where she works, Mrs. Junior via the hospital where she works. I think Junior got his via his county health department.

sissybaby34

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Sissy
I get my second tomorrow, I had no side effects what so ever with the first. Hopefully the second will be the same. Thank you NHS.

AJFan2020

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Little
I had my first one this morning. I’m a little tired (and have yawned a few times today), but otherwise I feel pretty normal so far.