Could there be a connection to all this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

guyinthebox

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
i've had a good raising and no disabilities, the worst thing that happened to me was my parents got divorced when i was about 6ish. but i still see both parents and there's no hate between them, so i don't think it's a cause of my AB/DL. i think i was potty trained at 2 and i don't remember wetting the bed so i don't know when i stopped doing that. as some people have said, i don't think we will find a reason for this fetish. TBH i think a small part of why i like them is cause i'm lazy :tongueout: but that doesn't explain why i like to sleep with a plushy and suck on a paci. i do kind of like to resist social norms though. so hope this information helps with the connections lol.

babyxadrian

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
Wow... I've never really thought about it that much. I knew that there must have been a connection with child abuse, but I never thought about my autism playing any part in this.

ExDLFox

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Private
I am pretty sure that something happened that made me like diapers. I just don't know what. I'm not even sure if I'm mentally fine. XD

pullupsboy89

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
Like guyinthebox, I had a "good raising and no disabilities". My parents never divorced. For me, I think it was my bedwetting problem as a little kid. I wet the bed until I was 9 or so. I wore pullups the entire time. I think I just got used to them and missed them once I stopped...As soon as I got the opportunity to get a diaper I took it. Just seemed like the natural thing to do at the time, and now here I am.

TexasBoy

Est. Contributor
I will now give a short expanation of my situation, for SCIENCE! The more data inputs you have the more accurate your results can be.

I have had good raising with no disabilities, mild ADD/HD/?. Never wet bed, I went to church until I was about 9-10, never really got into it, my parents were never extremely religious. Parents never divorced. Thats all I can think of.

Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
I suffer only from severe panic/anxiety attacks. No learning disabilities, abuse, whatever....

KuroCat

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Babyfur
I suffer only from severe panic/anxiety attacks. No learning disabilities, abuse, whatever....

Seconded. Only problem I have is severe anxiety attacks.

But I have noticed a large number of people with some sort of disability.
Most of it is uncontrollable bladder. Coincidence?

chris235

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
i find after i was diagnosed with ADHD and put on a pills i was more antisocial and about a year after that is when i started loving diapers

TheWolfEmperor

Contributor
Role
  1. Private
Well, when I was 5 my stepfather (not actually my stepfather nor was he my biological father, but I don't want to get into the whole story right now) forced me into a diaper after I had wet my pants.

And from that point I remember thinking about diapers, adult diapers, using diapers. I was preoccupied with peeing and pooping, seeing my classmates pee and poop, etc. There were quite a few incidents that I could have gotten in trouble for but I belive my guardians were watching over me very closely in those days.

A lot of this I attribute to that one crucial moment when I was five.

blah

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
My parents never divorced, I had really no problems in childhood.

I got into this stuff kind of at the age of about 12 or so, but in high school, when I was about 16, I started really struggling with depression.

I'm still trying to figure out if anything's connected to my childhood, and I'm not really sure, because I was raised well in a loving home and all that. I feel like maybe my parents encouraged me to be strong and grow up a little quickly.

Anyway, I think it CAN be connected to emotional/mental health problems, but that it isn't always.

MsClara

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
  4. Carer
I always thought of ABDL as something similar to Transvestism or Transgender feelings... except we're Trans chronological, or Trans developmental, or something.

ab1966

Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
AS I read through some of the posts. On some of these I wonder witch came first, infantilism or the condition such as OCD, ADHD etc..

on others it's pretty clear.

abdl86

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Babyfur
Can there be any connection?

Merged into an other thread which is the same, this and the 3 following posts originally were an other thread ~Martin

Hope it fits into this section. Is a bit unsure because it really fits into three different parts in this forum. Was also hard to think of a suitable title.

Can there be any connection between that like diapers and baby things when you are diagnosed with some type of autism disability?

We've talked a lot about this in a Swedish forum. Many people who either just like diaper or even like baby stuff. Usually have some form of disability in the autism field. You could say that there is a large majority.

Can it also be so here on this forum?

Last edited by a moderator:

Fruitkitty

ADISC Content Editor
Staff
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Diaperfur
The data simply doesn't exist to either reject or lend strong support to the hypothesis.

Having seen these threads come up before, both here and on other types of forums, I'm inclined to question whether or not there are simply more people out there with autism-spectrum disorders than most people realize, and/or such people are more likely than average to have significant presence in online forums.

abdl86

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Babyfur
The data simply doesn't exist to either reject or lend strong support to the hypothesis.

Having seen these threads come up before, both here and on other types of forums, I'm inclined to question whether or not there are simply more people out there with autism-spectrum disorders than most people realize, and/or such people are more likely than average to have significant presence in online forums.

Many who are concerned that there may be no connection or not.

Lizzie

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
There could be, but there's probably not. You could bring that up with any group of people. Personally I believe it'd all by chance. There are a lot of people who have disabilities, disorders, etc. on the web. Mainly because a lot of these people need more support than others. Some people find it easier to make friends via the internet rather than in real life so they tend to gravitate towards communities like this.

scoo

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Carer
This makes sense and is the best answer I've got to why I like them and what may have cussed it.

I have a few learning disabilities and was abused (shaken) when I was a child. Also TBI. So I think that event played a big part in why i'm like this. And being bullied all through school.

So In my opinion if these events did not happen I would not be on this site I'd be about as normal as possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.