Could Onesies become generally accepted and trendy?

neophyte

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
So a month ago I created a post about Diapers becoming trendy. https://www.adisc.org/forum/threads/could-diapers-become-trendy-and-norm.120579/ The consensus is no, ABDL Diapers will not anytime soon become trendy or a common water cooler discussion.

What about Onesies? Diaper Lover aside I find these shirts and rompers amazing, practical, comfortable, and most importantly your shirt is always tucked in which in my opinion is a good way to dress and present yourself. They also act as a base layer in cold weather and they are a great idea for girls/women to wear as PJs. I think the adult onesie pajamas have opened the door to new things and made a lot of stuff more acceptable (the full one piece onesie pajamas like the unicorn ones).

SITUATIONS
  • At work sitting in a chair at your a desk or doing a presentation
  • At the grocery store and you are reaching for something on the top shelf
  • Playing on the floor with your children or tossing them up in the air
  • Even putting on your jacket can lift your shirt up
  • Many types of leisure Sports/Activity
  • Etc...

RESULT
  • Plumber butt crack
  • Underwear showing
  • Women with button up shirts (that dreaded peek through between buttons and see your bra/boobs)
  • Hips, stomach, skin showing

In addition to practicality they seem really cool, comfortable, and trendy; mostly for girls/women. LittleForBig seems to be paving a path and creating a "thing", but still its an ABDL/Diaper company.

So, I'm actually surprised that these style of shirts are not more popular, let alone available for purchase. Is it because it resembles a babies onesie? What about the old style long johns?The only way to buy one is to visit an ABDL site which is very intimidating and NSFW; especially tykables which has great clothes but their main/landing page has a bit of an erotic vibe going on (huge image of two naked men wearing diapers).

Note: I'm talking about the onesie shirt/romper; not the cosplay uniforms/outfits.

a1.jpga3.jpga2.jpg

I am going to get one and try it.

They kind of are, but not the way we think. Walk into any Victoria’s Secret store and you’ll see bodysuits, though, they are much more revealing (think lingerie and activewear). That’s probably as close to our onesies as you’ll get. I highly doubt anything ageplay related will ever become mainstream.

PaddedBrony said:
... I highly doubt anything ageplay related will ever become mainstream.

That's my beef; why are these strictly labeled ageplay/erotic? A t-shirt is one of the most common items and articles of clothing in the entire world; add 7 buttons and its taboo and worth of humiliation? Humanity is so one dimensional and limited. Thermal wear and under armor is not that weird.

No. All though there are a lot of dl's or abdl's out there. Diapers and onesies are not going to be mainstream. We are a very small subset of the population. Hell the LGBT community is having a hard time, and there are a lot more of them. I always make the joke with the wife if diapers would be more socially acceptable we could go to the bar and nobody would ever lose their seat. I say it tongue in cheek to friends. They don't know. Look nobody is going to fault someone for wearing diapers for incontinence. Don't run around with your diaper showing like the pics on the internet and be respectful. If someone says anything because they happen to figure it out just tell them you need them for medical reasons. I could see where some people would love to talk about diapers to everyone they meet, but that's not going to happen un till we are all in old folks homes. Then we can all have a good laugh.

neophyte said:
That's my beef; why are these strictly labeled ageplay/erotic? A t-shirt is one of the most common items and articles of clothing in the entire world; add 7 buttons and its taboo and worth of humiliation? Humanity is so one dimensional and limited. Thermal wear and under armor is not that weird.
Because for most people outside of this community, it’s a novelty, and nothing more than that. There’s also the association people make with onesies to babies and children, not grown adults. That opens a can of worms I don’t even want to think about.

Like dadboddl said, we are very tiny, almost minuscule percentage of the general population. Compare that to the millions of the population who belong to a minority, who to this day are still fighting for equal rights. Compare that to the millions of women in the population who are still fighting for equal rights as men. Compare that to the millions in the LGBT community who are still fighting for the same rights that you and I take for granted each and every day. The reality is, ABDL. Will. Never. Go. Mainstream. Ever. It’s the harsh reality we live with, unfortunately, but the community is in a good place as it sits. There is no reason to try and change it.

Reactions: trysexiea and dadboddl
neophyte said:
So a month ago I created a post about Diapers becoming trendy. https://www.adisc.org/forum/threads/could-diapers-become-trendy-and-norm.120579/ The consensus is no, ABDL Diapers will not anytime soon become trendy or a common water cooler discussion.

What about Onesies? Diaper Lover aside I find these shirts and rompers amazing, practical, comfortable, and most importantly your shirt is always tucked in which in my opinion is a good way to dress and present yourself. They also act as a base layer in cold weather and they are a great idea for girls/women to wear as PJs. I think the adult onesie pajamas have opened the door to new things and made a lot of stuff more acceptable (the full one piece onesie pajamas like the unicorn ones).

SITUATIONS
  • At work sitting in a chair at your a desk or doing a presentation
  • At the grocery store and you are reaching for something on the top shelf
  • Playing on the floor with your children or tossing them up in the air
  • Even putting on your jacket can lift your shirt up
  • Many types of leisure Sports/Activity
  • Etc...

RESULT
  • Plumber butt crack
  • Underwear showing
  • Women with button up shirts (that dreaded peek through between buttons and see your bra/boobs)
  • Hips, stomach, skin showing

In addition to practicality they seem really cool, comfortable, and trendy; mostly for girls/women. LittleForBig seems to be paving a path and creating a "thing", but still its an ABDL/Diaper company.

So, I'm actually surprised that these style of shirts are not more popular, let alone available for purchase. Is it because it resembles a babies onesie? What about the old style long johns?The only way to buy one is to visit an ABDL site which is very intimidating and NSFW; especially tykables which has great clothes but their main/landing page has a bit of an erotic vibe going on (huge image of two naked men wearing diapers).

Note: I'm talking about the onesie shirt/romper; not the cosplay uniforms/outfits.

View attachment 32588View attachment 32589View attachment 32590

I think it is an obsession for you to want the ABDL products become popular.

But is not popular into ABDL community so is not become popular outside the community.

^ I will reflect on that for a while; but there was a recent post in another thread here on ADISC where a member and their friend claim to have been abused inside a store while they were at the incontinence section; then physically assaulted outside; just because they were wearing diapers.

Though that was isolated, I GLADLY welcome and accept a better understanding of ABDL and some integration into society. Too many of us struggle with this misunderstood thing we all share.

As noted, they are already available for adults under different names but their usage is fairly specific and limited. They're not very convenient when one goes to use a toilet, which I expect substantially reduces the appeal. A shirt with a decently long tail will do most of what a onesie does without the added hassle or expense.

They kind of are already.

I was a little surprised when doing the laundry and folding a black onesie from my older sister. You can tell it's a casual undershirt though. The crotch snaps were very very narrow.

Really is a great idea for an undershirt. I know I've definitely been concerned about my shirt lifting while reaching high places before.

neophyte said:
^ I will reflect on that for a while; but there was a recent post in another thread here on ADISC where a member and their friend claim to have been abused inside a store while they were at the incontinence section; then physically assaulted outside; just because they were wearing diapers.

Though that was isolated, I GLADLY welcome and accept a better understanding of ABDL and some integration into society. Too many of us struggle with this misunderstood thing we all share.

There are crazy and disrespectful people everywhere unfortunately. But that does not mean it's a generality, all in all people have nothing to do whether you wear diapers or not.

I wear Tykables long sleeve hoodie onesies everyday to work, the gym and out and around. I hate my t shirts riding up and exposing my tummy and they support my diaper and keep it up full or empty.

Nobody notices or if they do they don’t care because I am not making a big deal out of it. As for mainstream, it is as mainstream as you make it. I don’t tell people what underwear I have on or if I have any on. I don’t discuss my apparel with anyone except maybe the wife if I ask her to lay out something different.

What we wear is only as public as we make it and in fact is nobodies concern. Wear what you will and feel good in your life such as you choose it to be.

Reactions: neophyte
I personally think that onesies being accepted as normal pieces of clothing isn't as absurd as some here make it out to be. Many people here have mentioned lingere-type bodys, but I've also seen quite a few otherwise regular shirts with a snap crotch in stores, especially in young women's fashion. Yes, these typically have a more narrow crotch, but that makes sense when you think about the fact that they're not intended to be worn with a diaper. I've seen ones with floral prints, ribbed shirts, even elegant blouse-type tops.

I wear my onesies like normal shirts in everyday life, partly because I like that they don't ride up, and when I explained that to some of my muggle friends they mostly reacted like "That makes sense" or "That seems convenient".

All in all, I don't think onesies will become mainstream or replace normal shirts, but they're definitely not an odd item of clothing to many people, especially younger generations.

I don't think they would be of interest to men, how would you handle needing to pee, would need a fly. Plus a lot of guys like boxers where things can hang free.

There are onesies/bodysuits made for the male torso. They keep the crack covered and your back warm. Unless a celebrity starts wearing one, it will not be mainstream.

I think onesies will become more common than they are now but I don't think they will become 'trendy' or real popular.

They do have good qualities (plumber's butt, warmth) they also have one major problem for me - it takes too long to go to the urinal. As a guy that does not wear 24/7 but does go out often, I don't wear onesies in these cases because of this.

Reactions: Seasonedcitizen
Back