Cost Of Living Crisis Has It Affected You?

Crinklesounds

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Hi Guys and Girls,

I'm Just wondering what everyone's thoughts are on the rising costs of nappies/diapers?

Has this affected you in anyway? Especially those of you THAT have to wear everyday and don't have a choice!

Myself I only tend to wear at the weekend to keep costs down, as I'm not incontinent, although nowadays as I'm getting older, I'm finding myself having to pee a lot more, and have had some accidents at night when I wasn't wearing.

But what made me think about all this as I was going through my old orders at NRU and I noticed the price of a case of Drylife Super has gone up to nearly £35, from what used to be £23.79. Or basically an extra £3 per pack.

NRU have upped their prices on nearly everything now, for a case of Megamax is £89.99!!! For just 40 nappies!

I know they are good and last a long time, but wow that's still a lot of money to shell out if you have to use everyday!

ABDL companies seem to keep bringing out these new MEGA capacity nappies and charging the earth for them. ABU Little Kings £30 per pack with shipping for just ten nappies! I just can't justify spending that amount on something I'm just going to pee in and throw away in the bin.!

I know the price of everything has gone up ten fold, Gas/Electricity, raw materials etc.. and I understand these companies have to essentially pass these costs on to the consumer, but what is the end game for adult nappies/diapers. if costs keep going up will it price people out of wearing? Especially those people on limited means.

I try to look for savings and deals where I can, but I find myself now not going for the printed ABDL nappies so much anymore they have become more of a treat to myself and will wear them very sparingly as my costs of living have risen too high.

Let me know your thoughts??

Reactions: Edgewater

Zeke

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
Yes, living on a fixed income can be a bit challenging in these days of never ending price increases. Normally I wear cloth diapers for my dual ic, but I do wear Abena M-4s when the logistics of cloth prove difficult. Previously I had been getting a case (42) of Abenas for ~$50, but I bought 2 cases for $125 a couple of weeks ago just to get that price so that amounts to a 25% increase. Food, utilities, gas, insurance, auto expenses have all increased significantly. The one thing that hasn’t increased for me is housing as my loan payment stays the same other than insurance and property tax escrows so I’m not suffering the large rent increases some are. My Social Security income increased due to a cost of living increase, but that’s just treading water at best. Another advantage that I have is that I sold my lake cabin in December 2021 for what I thought was a premium price so I have those funds available if I come up short. Unfortunately inflation is making those funds worth less day by day. I’m old enough to have lived through the Carter administration so this rate of inflation isn’t unfamiliar to me. Under Carter we saw daily price increases and interest rates as high as 21% and at least we haven’t seen rates that bad….yet.

Reactions: Straycatz, CheshireCat, Edgewater and 1 other person

Hockeyczar

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Little
Yes, and I can't imagine anyone not being effected unless very wealthy.

Reactions: Edgewater and Crinklesounds

Chimera

watch out for my grabby paws!
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Babyfur
  2. Little
Me personally, I haven't been doing too bad. I drive an old toyota camry which I own free and clear and as a lot of you know when we go into adulthood, cars, as well as homes, can be one of the biggest money pits you can ever have. As far as that goes, not too bad so far. I really wanted a 4runner for my first car back in 2019 and right now with the cost of gas, I'm glad I went with the camry instead.

As far as diapers go, I continue to wear 24/7... but I wear abdl diapers significantly less. I wear northshore supremes most of the time to cut down on diaper costs, but even those aren't that cheap either.

Last edited:

KitsuneFox

ADISC Moderator
Staff
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
  3. Carer
We've switched to plastic backed M4's for my "around the house" diaper, as they only cost ~$1.59 per diaper in bulk as of when I posted this.

Unfortunately, print diapers are being used less and less due to cost increases.

Reactions: Edgewater, parcelboy2, Crinklesounds and 1 other person

Crinklesounds

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Thanks for your replies guys, It's interesting to hear more of us are using printed nappies less and less due to the increasing costs!

ABDL companies who are on here take note.

Last edited:

pampers4U

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Yes and no, our cost of living increase has been most noticeable with food, vehicle fuel, electric, going out to dinner and planning vacations. Thankfully we are budgeters and both my wife and I make sound finical goals, trying to stick with the plans we put in place. The best advice I can give is try to make an emergency fund incase something unforeseen comes up, also dont use a credit card during these times unless you plan on paying it in full when the payment invoice comes in. (We have a good reward points program that will give us an additional $350.00 a year value)
As far as diapering supplies go, I thankfully have the means and storage space to to buy cases at a time when there is a sale, I pretty much bought a years worth of my favorite abu and tykables this past November when they were doing the sales or free shipping, so I'm good to go for a while.

Nowididit

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Meh, not really. We're in the boat of having little debt and significant 2 incomes. Yeah prices have increased but it's not negatively affecting us financially except less going into savings.
In past posts I have stated that I have a rather large stash. I was building up that stash when times were good. I have plenty of ABDL diapers in stock, enough to hold me well over a year as I only wear on the weekends and basically go on sabbatical during my busy season at work.
Will I still buy more at the current prices? Sure. There's always deals on diapers.
One thing we can all be sure of is the fact that the current prices aren't going to go back down to where they were pre-inflation. Nope, they might drop a little but there are 2 things that inflation guarantees, 1, that once the prices go up, they never come back down and 2 wages never increase to fully offset the cost of inflation.

We better get used to it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Zeke and Edgewater

Crinklesounds

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Nowididit said:
Meh, not really. We're in the boat of having little debt and significant 2 incomes. Yeah prices have increased but it's not negatively affecting us financially except less going into savings.
In past posts I have stated that I have a rather large stash. I was building up that stash when times were good. I have plenty of ABDL diapers in stock, enough to hold me well over a year as I only wear on the weekends and basically go on sabbatical during my busy season at work.
Will I still buy more at the current prices? Sure. There's always deals on diapers.
One thing we can all be sure of is the fact that the current prices aren't going to go back down to where they were pre-inflation. Nope, they might drop a little but there are 2 things that inflation guarantees, 1, that once the prices go up, they never come back down and 2 wages never increase to fully offset the cost of inflation.

Sad but true!:cry:

Reactions: Edgewater and parcelboy2

parcelboy2

Padded Truck driver
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
Yep , more so with food as being a coeliac
Nestle Go free corn flakes were ave £2. 20 p now any where from £2.45p up wards
Bottled water has nearly doubled in price
Milk 1 pint is nearly £1 twas 50p just a year ago
Eggs 6 are the price 12 was year half ago
Nappies have gone up , I only wear disposables at work (Away all week use 20 dry life and 4 better dry )
100% cloth now at home from the 1st change when I get home until I change out of my night nappy on a Monday morning
Got 12 pocket nappies with about 40 inserts also 3 terry towel nappies I use at night and 15 ish pairs of PUL pants
Haven’t brought any disposables for months

Reactions: Zeke, Edgewater and Crinklesounds

Zeke

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
Nowididit said:

Inflation, just like “temporary” taxes, never reverses. Politicians have never seen a tax they don’t love. I’m trying to remember if prices ever rescinded, after Carter’s disastrous economic policies, but I don’t remember any ever relenting. Fortunately wages eventually caught up for the most part.

Reactions: Crinklesounds and Edgewater

Edgewater

Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
The increased cost is frustrating as the foundation of it was caused by specific government changes that set-off a storm of cost increases. One could blame a war in Eastern Europe, but that would have only had a minor increase or the effects of covid, one does not shutdown nations without effects. The bait and switch games to move usage to electricity is the foundation for the vast majorities of the cost increases. We have been played and whether one has the money to off-set one's personal increases, it has changed where the monies are being used and have vasty effected those with limited income.

Last edited:

Rita

Padded Rita
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
Don't really like it very much !
Its like very thing else just like Gas and Groceries !!

BobbiSueEllen

A happy, soggy little toddler girl in DDs and PPs
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Sissy
  3. Little
  4. Other
You're lucky...£89.99 comes to US$111.49, per www.xe.com. Northshore's US price is $119.99. But then again, you're across The Pond, so there's shipping...

I'm AB but I make no personal illusions about wearing diapers: it's pricey...so I don't wear all the time, though I'd love to wear diapers as much as possible. One of my AB sayings is "You gotta pay the piper if ya wanna be in diapers" so I keep an eye on my wearing...and my supply. So far, so good. Hopefully, after an expensive Christmas, things will improve a touch. 🤔

fleckothefennec

I am fennec hear me scree
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Diaperfur
The cost of living doesn't really affect me with the lifestyle I live.

I just did my taxes for last year and only made 9.5k after deductions which means technically I'm living a fair amount below the poverty line.

This was fine with me, I own my property, pay almost no tax, have zero debt and grow or hunt most of my food. Five Years ago I worked 5 days a week and made around 80k, now I work 2 days a week for only half days having the rest of that time to do as I wish.

It doesn't work for everyone I realize but personally I'm much more happy being poor. Great wealth comes not from having great possessions but having few wants🦊😌

Reactions: ShyBoo81, Cottontail, Edgewater and 1 other person

DiaperedDragon

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
  3. Incontinent
Luckily my diapers are paid for.
Although I had to go from NorthShore MegaMax to BetterDry.
MegaMax had a price increase about a year ago in Canada.
Now at 184$ Canadian Dollars per Case.
So ya to me BetterDry is just as good.

• Wow
Reactions: Crinklesounds, Edgewater and BobbiSueEllen

DiaperedDragon

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
  3. Incontinent
4.60$ + tx + shipping / per NSMM diaper

• Wow
Reactions: Edgewater and BobbiSueEllen

Cottontail

Silly wabbit!
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Diaperfur
  5. Sissy
  6. Little
I mostly wear cloth diapers, so my diapering routine hasn't really been affected. Wife and I have gotten pretty serious about comparing prices when we shop for things though. We've also lately tried to eliminate as many non-essential monthly payments as possible. Neither of our paychecks has kept pace with inflation, and we're saving very aggressively for our kids' college educations. I wouldn't say we're "feeling the pinch," but we're actively avoiding it!

Reactions: Crinklesounds and Edgewater