Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
  4. Little
  5. Carer
  6. Other
In past years I have massively struggled with this time of year. Anyone has some positive copeing strategies please share! For now here are some of mine:

I’m working Christmas and Boxing Day - I get to focus on others rather than myself

I schedule my Christmas celebrations in January which works out a lil cheaper

I’m looking forward to discounted veggies in the supermarket - yes super important for brain health

I’m working on artistic projects sheduled to be published later on in the year. - working on the perfect Papier Mâché recipe 👩🏾‍🍳

Joining the gym and building a fun music playlist

Only gifting experiences- recently paid for my friends entrance fee to the arcade

Attachments

• 6F527DD5-1CC0-4573-95BF-7EA8FCCEAE9A.jpeg
    6F527DD5-1CC0-4573-95BF-7EA8FCCEAE9A.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 6
Reactions: LaLoneDigi

LaLoneDigi

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
  4. Little
  5. Carer
Yay! Combat them holiday blues!

I'm actually focusing on myself rather than others this year... A first for me! 😅 I know it goes against the spirit of the holidays, but damnit, I deserve to treat myself for once! lol That said, I have been excitedly shopping for friends and family all week...

Good food and a little exercise goes a long way. I prefer working out at home. I love art projects too! I love writing, photography, videography and music... Keep working on that perfect Papier Mâché recipe!

I've been enjoying my December evenings with my brother, watching cartoons and listening to music. It's been really nice.

Reactions: appletinytee

feetintrouble

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Sissy
  3. Little
We love Christmas: this year we tried ice skating.

But a problem we have is that my wife loves Christmas a little too much, over-stimulates herself, and then comes crashing down to Earth. She always makes herself incredibly busy with the cards, presents, activities, as well as working as usual; and the problem is that work tends to have extra activities (parties, gatherings) thrown in, making us all the busier, and she feels obliged to attend all of these, when she doesn't even like them. She gets so busy, that she doesn't have the energy to enjoy any of these things. Each morning she will be sighing "we've got to do the presents", "we've got to do the pudding", etc. I wish she would pace herself so she has more time to relax and enjoy everything: to do fewer things, and to enjoy them more, and to be ruthless about turning invitations down, but we simply can't agree on this.

And then when it's over, the inevitable happens: a huge emotional crash, nothing to look forward to, a sigh of "we've got to put the decorations away", and several weeks of feeling and being utterly miserable: all through January, and sometimes into February as well. This happens most years. The only thing that might occasionally ease it is snow. We're going to try to ease it by having some winter decorations to replace the Christmas ones when we put them away. Each year I try to find ways to mitigate this, and it takes me all my patience to support her through it.

I hope you don't mind me writing all this on your blog, but I think it's relevant; the festivities are lovely, but overdoing them can be problematic when it's time for reality again.

Last edited:
Reactions: LaLoneDigi