• Please go to your preferences page and make sure your "See Mature Topics" setting is set. Setting it to "Yes" means you see the Mature Topics forum (contains political and religious debates). Setting it to "No" means you do not see those threads.

Cop Vs EMT!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fire2box

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
The ambulance did fail to yield to the officer, however I don't really know how different they operate in yielding to each other. Anyways I think the cop should of been called off if the other cops at the scene did not need any help, if that would of happened the whole mess would of been avoided.

when I was riding in a ambulance just over a year ago now after a car accident, they followed all laws such as speed limits and everything like that.

briefboy

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
Well judging by the dash cam footage it does appear that the ambulance driver was in the wrong, the officer was driving code 3 and the ambulance was only driving code 1, therefore the ambulance should have yielded. BUT that trooper lost his temper and was way out of line in the way he talked to the paramedic and his driver.

thedlguy

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Other
I they they both need to get along and learn to work together, They are after all working for the same cause of Public Safety

Siege89

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
I agree they should have moved over your right, But I think the cop went way over baord in th way he acted. Plus later stoping them while on the way to the hospital, Just seems WAY out of line.

Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur
Code 1 or 3 ...its still Illegal to interfere with an EMT in the performance of his job...

wayward1

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Diaperfur
kinda sad, Im a firefighter and the protocall around here is EMS then Fire then Police ( as far as right of way goes.) unless there is a gun involved then the police has the right of way to secure the scene. what is funny though is that the postal service has right of way overall. but as for the cop Vs. emt. The fight shouldnt have happened. they should have both been professional. and since the cop was running code 3 he should have been able to pass the ambulance.

angelabauer

Banned
Role
Adult Baby, Incontinent
This incident is still under investigation. Meanwhile the cop has been assigned to home duty.

There is a question about the status of the flashing lights on the ambulance.

It also appears the police dispatch had not authorized a Code 3 response for that particular police car.

Here in Los Angeles, CA USA the LAPD have a policy that only one car respond to a given incident Code 3. The others are to obey normal traffic laws. This policy was started following an accident in which two squad cars collided at an intersection because neither could hear the other's siren. To get around the policy some officers would still speed to respond even without lights and sirens. Or, they did not log using their emergency lights.

Currently LAPD is considering a new policy in which additional cars may run Code 3, so long as dispatch knows none will collide.

Gameslay3r

Est. Contributor
Role
Babyfur,
Humm i havent veiwed the video yet. But being a EMS myself... I beleive that each should respece each other. I have never run into an iccenident where we have had problems with the cops. save for the friendly baseball game.

Lowie

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Diaperfur, Carer
That cop seems to have let the power go to his head.

Diapered Rabbit

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
:bunny: During sex, I prefer to be the EMT because you have so many more gadgets and accouterments available, Although the cop thing - all that forceful authority and uniform, night stick, handcuffs, etc..... Oh, am I off-topic or what? I guess I should have read all the earlier posts. :bunny:

Last edited:

briefboy

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
kinda sad, Im a firefighter and the protocall around here is EMS then Fire then Police ( as far as right of way goes.) unless there is a gun involved then the police has the right of way to secure the scene. what is funny though is that the postal service has right of way overall. but as for the cop Vs. emt. The fight shouldnt have happened. they should have both been professional. and since the cop was running code 3 he should have been able to pass the ambulance.
I completely agree, they both are working towards the same goal and as such they need to get along, that cop went WAY overboard the moment he pulled them over. The lead paramedic was talking to him very calmly and the cop didn't seem to care and that's where the problems started.

I'm not really sure what the originating call was for the cop but it really didn't look like an incident that required a code 3 response, then again cops around here usually respond to even the slightest call code 3 lol.

bdb2004

Est. Contributor
Role
Other
I am going to avoid getting into the whole incident, but from the tapes I think it is fair to say that regardless of what caused the cop to pull over the ambulance, and if that action was justified, as soon as the medic said that they had a patient in the back it should have been over, and the cop should have followed them to the ED. It is inexcusable for the police, or anyone, to potentially impede patient care. While this patient was not critical, a police officer is not trained to make that determination, furthermore, patients who are initially stable cant deteriorate, and regardless of the capabilities of the medic, a patient will be MUCH better off in an ED.

The police officer, and the state, should be thanking themselves that no harm came to the patient during their visit, because I can only imagine what that lawsuit would look like...

Hopefully everyone involved has learned a lesson, and the highway patrol will take a look at their policy to ensure that an ambulance carrying a patient is not stopped on their way to definitive (or at least more definitive) care, regardless of the code they are running.

Status
Not open for further replies.