• Please go to your preferences page and make sure your "See Mature Topics" setting is set. Setting it to "Yes" means you see the Mature Topics forum (contains political and religious debates). Setting it to "No" means you do not see those threads.

Controversial Topic Posting Guidelines

Status
Not open for further replies.

IncompleteDude

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
I think for the sake of new members and members who experience unusual situations, guidance along these lines should be posted:
Do not post about:

• Being babied, except if you are physically a baby.
  • Wearing 24/7 for longer than a few weeks (except if incon).
  • Relatives or friends knowing about you being ABDL and facilitating it in any way.
  • Being seen or caught in public wearing diapers (except if incon) or AB paraphernalia.
  • Speculation on the ABDL nature of others.
  • Anyone you have ever met, especially in childhood, who have coincidentally been ABDL themselves.
  • Being in any relationship where you are babied on an ongoing basis.
Anything posted violating these rules will be moved to the story forum and edited to indicate that it is fictional, or simply deleted. Posting on such topics outside of the story forum is not allowed.

If explanitory proof such as documentation of mental illness, photographic evidence or confirmation by a trusted member is provided, exceptions may but not necessarily be granted. In these cases, such topics will be noted as vetted by the moderation staff, and must be submitted to them for review before being posted.
I say this, because these topics without exception result in vitriol, flaming and rep wars. It would be better if everyone pretended that these things never happened, even if they most assuredly do albeit rarely. For the sake of civility, things outside of the ABDL "norm" should be discussed only in private or the context of fiction. New members need to be acutely aware of this, despite the fact that it is often exceptional situations that lead to a development of ABDL interests, because they are the ones most viciously accused of deceit.

Of course, I think it would be best if people that believed topics such as these to be deceitful, and refuse to ask exploritory (not mocking) questions to determine reality, would simply ignore/report the thread and otherwise let it die. But I simply don't believe that will ever happen. It's easier to supress the unusual and different, than ask the questions and do the work to sift through the truth and fiction of life's myraid of possibilities. Since this behaviour cannot be avoided, it is better to institutionalize it through regulation, and thereby manage it within reason.

I'm tired of seeing these bullshit flamewars pollute the forums.

Jeremiah

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
I oppose the suggested rule changes.

IMHO, the rules that you suggested should not be implemented to protect the presumably innocent from inappropriate responses and rep system abuse. Threads have discussed each topic that you have listed without causing the negative reactions that we both oppose.

Personally, I have violated one of your proposed rules on several occasions and may have violated another depending upon the definition of "a few weeks" without negative responses. There is an acceptable manor to discuss such things here. This is a AB/DL/IC support community after all!

My suggestion to prevent unacceptable behavior is to focus on those violating the rules that we already have instead of banning all topics that they may pounce upon.

Short Version (aka: the Golden Rules)

• Be honest.
  • Be polite.
  • Follow moderator instructions.
Inappropriate comments and rep system abuse definitely violate the forum rules.

Maverick

Est. Contributor
Role
Other
I don't understand why "be honest" isn't enough, and why we have to make a big list of what not to post about on the forums. I mean, I understand that there are still members joining and making bullshit posts about these kinds of things. However, we shouldn't have to teach them common sense. If they want to lie and post about their fantasies, then let them do so and be neg-repped. They're clearly not the members we want at ADISC. Quality > Quantity.

IncompleteDude

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
I don't understand why "be honest" isn't enough, and why we have to make a big list of what not to post about on the forums. I mean, I understand that there are still members joining and making bullshit posts about these kinds of things. However, we shouldn't have to teach them common sense. If they want to lie and post about their fantasies, then let them do so and be neg-repped. They're clearly not the members we want at ADISC. Quality > Quantity.
Except that some of these things actually happen. I know some people who for a fact, one or more of these things are true (myself included). I know equally as fact that if they ever discussed it here without substantive proof (photos in my case), they would be burned at the stake. I have to tell them that if they join, they must not discuss these experiences for their own sake. That annoys me, but I can deal with it. I just think if you're going to be like that, make it official.

The problem I have really, which I don't think will go away, is with the hostility of this forum when dealing with instances like this. Some people are telling the truth, but have shitty grammer or don't express themselves well. A lot of ABDLs have learning disabilities and mental issues, so that's hardly surprising. I wish more people, instead of a hostile reply and instant neg-rep, would ask neutrally toned investigative questions, and draw out the lie if it exists. However, that is not what happens, and that is not going to change. I only hope these rules can minimize the application of wrath by this forum.

I mean, they already exist, but in unwritten form. It would save me time explaining them to people if they were written down.

Maverick

Est. Contributor
Role
Other
Except that some of these things actually happen. I know some people who for a fact, one or more of these things are true. I know equally as fact that if they ever discussed it here, they would be burned at the stake. I have to tell them that if they join, they must not discuss these experiences for their own sake. That annoys me, but I can deal with it. I just think if you're going to be like that, make it official.
This forum can be very suspicious at times. A bit too much to my liking. I'm guilty of that, myself. Most people will trust you, if you've been here for a relatively long amount of time and have proven yourself to be trustworthy, as long as your story is believable. I guess what I was talking about was the people who come on here and say, for instance, "My mom found my diapers, she thought it was cute, so she pulled out the crib and highchair and diapered me. Now I'm going to be a baby again waaaah this is so embarrassing!" which is totally unbelievable. For the more "on the fence" stories, which may be true or may not be true, many members are usually too suspicious. But can you blame them? There've been a countless number of bullshit stories posted on ADISC before.

IncompleteDude

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
This forum can be very suspicious at times. A bit too much to my liking. I'm guilty of that, myself. Most people will trust you, if you've been here for a relatively long amount of time and have proven yourself to be trustworthy, as long as your story is believable. I guess what I was talking about was the people who come on here and say, for instance, "My mom found my diapers, she thought it was cute, so she pulled out the crib and highchair and diapered me. Now I'm going to be a baby again waaaah this is so embarrassing!" which is totally unbelievable. For the more "on the fence" stories, which may be true or may not be true, many members are usually too suspicious. But can you blame them? There've been a countless number of bullshit stories posted on ADISC before.
Yes, I can blame them, because reacting to bullshit is absolutely the worst way to go. Better to dismiss it, and go to another thread to contribute something actually useful. Then after the mods lock their crazy thread for being bullshit, they have a chance to correct themselves, or just not talk about that aspect of their lives.

Also, as long as the poster is civil and constructive in other ways, I frankly don't care if they live in a fantasy world. I can ignore that, and see the good parts of their person. For example, that babypants guy a while back, who was absolutely ripped to shreds by this forum. Yeah, he's "different" to put it lightly, but after taking the time to actually talk to him, I found out he's actually very good with computers. We talked about programming for a while. He got a comp sci degree in the 80s, and learned ada, C++ and others in it. I have to say, I really enjoyed talking to him, be he crazy or just extremely unusual. Yumi is another example. You should have seen some of her past posts! Omg. Yet I've still had many meaningful conversations with her since, and she's come a long herself way too. Just because some one is a bit (or a lot) crazy and overly absorbed in fantasy, doesn't mean they are totally undesirable. They just need to understand how to relate to the forum, and guidance like this can do it.

Last edited:

starshine

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
I don't think it's fair to contraband those topics, because there are a few people and situations that could be a good contribution. It's not really fair to label everyone liars right away if they *do* post about it.

Mitsukuni

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Diaperfur, Sissy
...why do I get the feeling that this is my fault?
Anyways, I agree with both Incomplete and Abby. There should be certain things not to post about, but, we shouldn't just claim bullshit right away, unless it's completely obvious.
I probably shouldn't have a say in this, though.
--Kate

Martin

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Little
I added in red what my opinion is on most of the things on the list.

Do not post about:

• Being babied, except if you are physically a baby. One *B to an other, it's quite often done
  • Wearing 24/7 for longer than a few weeks (except if incon). Again, even if you aren't incon, it's done even by a few that are (or were, I don't see them that often here anymore) on this site
  • Relatives or friends knowing about you being ABDL and facilitating it in any way. Again, I've heard this from a few people that parents knew and bought stuff for them. Does that make them a liar?
  • Being seen or caught in public wearing diapers (except if incon) or AB paraphernalia. I bet you wouldn't be the first.
  • Speculation on the ABDL nature of others.
  • Anyone you have ever met, especially in childhood, who have coincidentally been ABDL themselves. I have a friend myself who I met at a few weeks old... he's a DL too.
  • Being in any relationship where you are babied on an ongoing basis.
I in general also am against this as this is quite hostile. Especially how you've written the next bit.
Anything posted violating these rules will be moved to the story forum and edited to indicate that it is fictional, or simply deleted. Posting on such topics outside of the story forum is not allowed.

If explanitory proof such as documentation of mental illness, photographic evidence or confirmation by a trusted member is provided, exceptions may but not necessarily be granted. In these cases, such topics will be noted as vetted by the moderation staff, and must be submitted to them for review before being posted.

Grutzvalt

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby
I don't mean to be a total dick here, but what is the problem? If I understand this correctly, you want to make ADISC even MORE boring? Don't read the post. Simple. Don't make ADISC the Internet's biggest business meeting...benefit of the doubt.

Role
Private
Long-post ahoy, if you don't want to read it, here's a good summary:

I don't mean to be a total dick here, but what is the problem? If I understand this correctly, you want to make ADISC even MORE boring? Don't read the post. Simple. Don't make ADISC the Internet's biggest business meeting...benefit of the doubt.

We are a support community that serves a unique common interest, as more and more people join and discover themselves in this fetish, we are always going to have the same repeated topics over and over again. As either an overseer or participant in various forums and sites over the better part of the last decade, I can say with definitive confidence that these characteristics of such web-communities will continue well into the future.

With the relative anonymity of the internet, who can accurately judge whether or not someone is who they say they are or have done what they lay claim to? Exaggerating the truth may be commonplace, and there are times when it's such blatant bullshit that we're bold in calling it as such, but fictionalising every account that we hear is just dim on our behalf and it's this sort of thinking that has made me think twice about sharing some of my experiences with this community.

I completely agree that these sorts of threads and posts are tiresome, but since we cannot verify the content of them unless hard evidence is found or submitted, it's doesn't make sense to silence them. Aside from a few quirks, the members here have the right to a great deal of free speech and opinion and we are still a support community. What's the worse that could happen is someone is bullshitting - someone gives them some off-hand adivce? Stop the presses! We have a helpful person in our midst!

I trust most of the members of this community to react accordingly to when someone posts a thread inline with the OP's dot-point list. I've noticed that in most cases people here are able to differentiate bullshit from relative truth. I'm not insulted by your post IncompleteDude, but I'm annoyed that you may possibly be insinuating that people here aren't so bright, or that they are blind to the stupidity of others. That's definitely not the case as a lot of people here, both young and old, have demonstrated they have the ability to distinguish truthful recollections.

Denying that reputation/flame wars occur is simply foolish, and I will admit that they do happen, However, the comparative frequency of them is happening is rather low and is nowhere near the stage of concern, let alone being a big issue, or even problematic. ADISC has always been the type of community that has a collective mentality when it comes to dealing with issues. Sometimes it doesn't work in our favour, but in most instances it does. Nevertheless, it simply does not happen frequently enough to have to worry about.

Of course, I think it would be best if people that believed topics such as these to be deceitful, and refuse to ask exploritory (not mocking) questions to determine reality, would simply ignore/report the thread and otherwise let it die. But I simply don't believe that will ever happen. It's easier to supress the unusual and different, than ask the questions and do the work to sift through the truth and fiction of life's myraid of possibilities. Since this behaviour cannot be avoided, it is better to institutionalize it through regulation, and thereby manage it within reason.
But that's basically what we do here. I've noticed that when someone posts a bizarre or exceptional story that other members will question them to weed out the truth, often with a successful outcome. I'd like to think we pride ourselves on the fact we can differentiate truth from fiction, we can act sensibly, we can come to appropriate resolutions, that teamwork is prevalent amongst our population and that the majority can always agree on a sole outcome for the betterment of the entire site. This is usually the case and has become considerably apparent to me since I gained a staffing position.

Above all, can I remind you that this community isn't here to serve your interests, it's here to serve anyone and everyone willing to actively and appropriately participate within this community. That the following:

* Being babied.
* Wearing 24/7 for longer than a few weeks (except if incon).
* Relatives or friends knowing about you being ABDL and facilitating it in any way.
* Being seen or caught in public wearing diapers (except if incon) or AB paraphernalia.
* Speculation on the ABDL nature of others.
* Anyone you have ever met, especially in childhood, who have coincidentally been ABDL themselves.
* Being in any relationship where you are babied on an ongoing basis.
...is a permanent part of the construct and purpose of our site. We are attracted to diapers and/or baby-paraphernalia, whether by choice or not, sexually, emotional or both, as part of another fetish or as a standalone item... these sorts of topics are not only going to always come up, but they're to be expected.

Quieting them down will only serve to make this place a lot more dull and help in defeating the overall purpose of this site. As much as I love how we can all discuss different things here, sometimes I do want to:
  • discuss diapers and baby-items,
  • discuss my infantilism experiences,
  • discuss my ABDL relationships,
  • make myself known, and...
  • hear other people's own thoughts and experiences on these matters.

After all, it's what brought me - and you - here, so I'm not keen on turning my back on it.

As a final note, people who post these kinds of things and don't get involved in other areas of the site really don't stick around here for long anyway. Why we're concerning about this is beyond me.

Peachy

Banned
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Carer
Your idea that no one should discuss topics that relate to the very core of what this forum is all about (ABism/TBism and DLism) is ridiculous at best. In the worst case, you're saying this forum is a waste of bandwidth.

Except that some of these things actually happen. I know some people who for a fact, one or more of these things are true (myself included). I know equally as fact that if they ever discussed it here without substantive proof (photos in my case), they would be burned at the stake.
This forum is about the very things you've listed, and as long as you're being honest (or post in the stories forum), you're welcome to tell us the truth. However, you have to weigh your words carefully and make sure your posts are not completely over the top, even if it's the truth. You can't really expect us to believe a 13 year old new member posting an elaborate story about how he was babied by the neighbor's girl. It just doesn't seem very likely that such things happen, and if they do, it was probably a short-lived role play for laughs where the person in question sucked his thumb for a minute and the neighbor's girl ruffled his hair and said "aww...lil baby!". However, I have no problem believing FullMetal that what he posted in his thread the other day actually happened - he's old enough, he's been around long enough and I assume he knows the right people too (or where to find them).

If anyone is seriously worried that their true threads will be shot down, two things must be true of them:
(1) They have been caught lying in the past and are now considered to lie all the time anyway.
(2) They do not understand the dynamics of this forum and how people here do not like Deeker-type stories, and they have to learn how to write up an account of their experiences without making it sound like it came right from the gossip section of a cheap newspaper.

So it once again boils down to:
Be honest!

And thrown on top:
Don't exaggerate!

And for newbies:
Be cautious and get to know the people first.

Tell me how this differs from any other real life place, like your work, your school/university and your friends. You don't start your new job by telling everyone how you've single-handedly turned your previous company around from losing money to making record profits. Give people the opportunity to get a feel for you first before you go all out!

Peachy

Charlie

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Sissy, Carer, Other
Meh, see Martin, Lukie and Peachy's posts for my opinion.

I think all the things you listed are appropriate for the forum, but some only when the poster has been around here for a while. I think it might be a good idea to discourage these type of posts from newbies, perhaps an "avoid posting true stories that might be hard to believe until you've earned trust" rule.
That should really exist under the "tact" rule.

Tact works the other way though... I'm all for mocking the crazies before they get banned, but unless you're 100% sure they're lying then just question question question!
Although I don't think this is such a problem anyway, it just stands out a lot when it does happen, because it's really annoying.

Diapered Rabbit

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
Of greater concern to us should be the blatant disregard for rules on not encouraging illegal drug use, when we have a hot thread posted some thing like"what are you on dude?" The: "Are you on something?" Thread. This thread has been largely posted by our teen population on pipes and other drug paraphanalia, use of weed, mushrooms, vodka, whiskey. These are mostly 13 - 18 year olds posting this stuff. This seems like it should have been closed/deleted/moderated from the get go. Yet, adult VIP's on the site were happy to post about their current drug and alcohol use along with the others.

Last edited:
Role
Private
Of greater concern to us should be the blatant disregard for rules on not encouraging illegal drug use, when we have a hot thread posted some thing like"what are you on dude?" The: "Are you on something?" Thread. This thread has been largely posted by our teen population on pipes and other drug paraphanalia, use of weed, mushrooms, vodka, whiskey. These are mostly 13 - 18 year olds posting this stuff. This seems like it should have been closed/deleted/moderated from the get go. Yet, adult VIP's on the site were happy to post about their current drug and alcohol use along with the others.

A thread about something they've already done (and we can not stop them from doing it, since it's already too late) isn't encouraging or promoting it. Besides, they're teenagers, it's that "phase" and I'm not shy to admit I did it myself when I was just a bit younger. Sharing experiences on the matter, I find, can be pretty interesting.

Anyway, this shouldn't become a drugs/alcohol debate thread, so we'll try to leave this here.

Maverick

Est. Contributor
Role
Other
Yes, I can blame them, because reacting to bullshit is absolutely the worst way to go. Better to dismiss it, and go to another thread to contribute something actually useful. Then after the mods lock their crazy thread for being bullshit, they have a chance to correct themselves, or just not talk about that aspect of their lives.

Also, as long as the poster is civil and constructive in other ways, I frankly don't care if they live in a fantasy world. I can ignore that, and see the good parts of their person. For example, that babypants guy a while back, who was absolutely ripped to shreds by this forum. Yeah, he's "different" to put it lightly, but after taking the time to actually talk to him, I found out he's actually very good with computers. We talked about programming for a while. He got a comp sci degree in the 80s, and learned ada, C++ and others in it. I have to say, I really enjoyed talking to him, be he crazy or just extremely unusual. Yumi is another example. You should have seen some of her past posts! Omg. Yet I've still had many meaningful conversations with her since, and she's come a long herself way too. Just because some one is a bit (or a lot) crazy and overly absorbed in fantasy, doesn't mean they are totally undesirable. They just need to understand how to relate to the forum, and guidance like this can do it.
Yes, I suppose you're right. Ignoring the threads would be a good action to take against them, rather than causing a bunch of drama about it. I don't think we need to ban these topics entirely, though. As a few others have said above, these topics are part of the AB/DL spectrum, and relate to the community.

You talk about the unusual members needing guidance, and seem to say that after the mods lock their thread (about their untruthful fantasy or other flaky topic) and the members ignore it, they'll learn and eventually show their better side. I don't agree with this. How would ignoring their thread bring out their better side? Some might not even realize they were wrong to lie and post about crazy shit. I think the best way for them to learn is for others to tell them: "It's clear that you're lying, and that this thread is about one of your fantasies, which never came true. Cut the crap. Members that post this kind of shit aren't respected around here." Of course, that'd probably incite a flame war or something, which is always bad. Neverthless, I don't think ignoring the topics would teach them a lesson.

IncompleteDude

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
I'm hardly surprised people find this thread annoying. That's pretty much the point. I find it annoying that these are unwritten rules, leading to noobs tripping up. The fact that in my writing them you are annoyed, indicates I have a valid point. Although, I will admit, I accentuated certain aspects with a sarcastic tone, and didn't need to. I believe I already stated, I have no expectation of rules like this ever being instituted. I just want people to reflect on the unwritten code of behaviour we have.

Still, I really would prefer it if the forum largely dismissed implausibility, and left the handling of such situations to the mods. I'm not saying ignore the thread completely, but if you do say something be along the lines of, "Maybe this is true, but no one is going to believe you until you prove yourself by establishing a reputation here or providing solid evidence." This is a far superior response to the one you mentioned, Maverick.

New members who have extraordinary experiences must be reminded of this fact. Yeah, it's probably just common sense, but there are a variety of reasons a new member would forget it. Mainly, they are often teens, and common sense is not a forte in those years. Also, in finding a community reflecting their interests, they may develop an irrational exuberance and post about things that should wait until they better establish themselves. My original set of rules was somewhat sarcastic and unrealistic, though I merely offered them one (albeit draconian) possibility. I do believe though, the spirit of those rules should be still be written, and I don't think the existing ones capture it clearly enough. Something like this would be good:
Common sense: Everyone has extraordinary experiences, and in the ABDL world that is no exception. However, like anywhere else, you cannot expect people to believe you if you haven't established a trustworthy reputation or supply hard evidence. As a new member, keep this in mind when deciding what to discuss.
And yes, I know the forum here doesn't serve me. That's why I very rarely post in the administrative forum. I don't expect to change anything. If I do, that's great. If not, I'm indifferent. The forum will in the end be something I do not control, so I will take it for what it is, not what I want it to be. This thread is just a penny's worth of thought, so don't take it too seriously, lol.

Last edited:
Role
Private
I'm hardly surprised people find this thread annoying. That's pretty much the point. I find it annoying that these are unwritten rules, leading to noobs tripping up. The fact that in my writing them you are annoyed, indicates I have a valid point. Although, I will admit, I accentuated certain aspects with a sarcastic tone, and didn't need to. I believe I already stated, I have no expectation of rules like this ever being instituted. I just want people to reflect on the unwritten code of behaviour we have.
One thing I think a lot of people tend to agree to here is that this place is a community, not just another banter site and the good portion of the user-base actually care about the other people who use this site. This place mirrors real-life social circles, and as such unwritten rules have developed. People here, just as in real-life, have boundaries and expectations of others that they don't want to see crossed. Yeah, I understand that newbies not accustomed to this place just yet may break them and, in all honestly, I think a lot of people here are lenient in dealing them, knowing they are oblivious to any such customs. I rarely ever see someone lash out and when they do, the victim has usually deserved it.

Just as a side note, as I understand you aren't here to force change on this site, but from a staffing/moderator standpoint, writing down every single rule is just inefficient and an ineffective way to govern this site. I personally would prefer to see people exercise common-sense and demonstrate a thought-process, than have a team of mods come in and enforce explicitly what they can and cannot do.

Still, I really would prefer it if the forum largely dismissed implausibility, and left the handling of such situations to the mods. I'm not saying ignore the thread completely, but if you do say something be along the lines of, "Maybe this is true, but no one is going to believe you until you prove yourself by establishing a reputation here or providing solid evidence." This is a far superior response to the one you mentioned, Maverick.
I have to agree with latter part of this paragraph, as Charlie (or was it Peachy?) pointed out - if in doubt, question question question! A stammering, illogical, gapped or nonsensical response will usually indicate dishonesty. This method is far better than letting the mods handle it on every occasion. Furthermore, it doesn't undermine the rep-system, which - let me remind you - is a self-moderation tool for all the users of the site. Same deal with the report post feature, which is something Charlie has hammered in countless times.

Having the mods sift through everything is impractical on our behalf. Not that we're lazy or we don't look at a lot of things, but rather having the community bring things to our attention makes our lives easier and provides regular users with a more quality forum, quicker.

New members who have extraordinary experiences must be reminded of this fact. Yeah, it's probably just common sense, but there are a variety of reasons a new member would forget it. Mainly, they are often teens, and common sense is not a forte in those years. Also, in finding a community reflecting their interests, they may develop an irrational exuberance and post about things that should wait until they better establish themselves. My original set of rules was somewhat sarcastic and unrealistic, though I merely offered them one (albeit draconian) possibility. I do believe though, the spirit of those rules should be still be written, and I don't think the existing ones capture it clearly enough. Something like this would be good:

Common sense: Everyone has extraordinary experiences, and in the ABDL world that is no exception. However, like anywhere else, you cannot expect people to believe you if you haven't established a trustworthy reputation or supply hard evidence. As a new member, keep this in mind when deciding what to discuss
I, too, would like to see this point emphasised more, as I believe quite a number of people join this forum having spent time elsewhere and getting the idea that this sort of posting is okay as a new member. What should be highlighted is that trust is a core concept of this forum and that we'd much prefer to get to know the real you, as opposed to one aspect and/or the sometimes dull topic of the thing we all know we have in common. That this place is about building friendships based on sincerity, not superficiality.

Peachy

Banned
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Carer
I find it annoying that these are unwritten rules, leading to noobs tripping up. The fact that in my writing them you are annoyed, indicates I have a valid point. Although, I will admit, I accentuated certain aspects with a sarcastic tone, and didn't need to. I believe I already stated, I have no expectation of rules like this ever being instituted. I just want people to reflect on the unwritten code of behaviour we have.
The whole world is full of unwritten rules. Or as Lukie explained it:

One thing I think a lot of people tend to agree to here is that this place is a community, not just another banter site and the good portion of the user-base actually care about the other people who use this site. This place mirrors real-life social circles, and as such unwritten rules have developed. People here, just as in real-life, have boundaries and expectations of others that they don't want to see crossed. Yeah, I understand that newbies not accustomed to this place just yet may break them and, in all honestly, I think a lot of people here are lenient in dealing them, knowing they are oblivious to any such customs.
As I said earlier, each club, company, school, group has implicit rules, and when you join such an institution, you're expected to make yourself familiar with the group's customs and habits. That is the newbie's responsibility, not the job of those people who are already settled into the group! So I see no reason to put anything like that into the rules. The basic rule for life says "Use common sense", and if you don't possess that skill, you'll quite frankly have problems in any social setting, not just on ADISC.
Plus our Weirdo Detection System (WDS) requires to give people the liberty to post whatever they want. Those newbies who are dumb or experienced will probably realize what they did wrong the first time they get their butts chewed out by the established users, but the creeps will go on posting Deeker-type posts and eventually get booted off the site by rep. And that is something the mods can't do, so there's no point in leaving all the bullshit posts for the mods to handle.

We had a time long ago when we didn't really have any written rules at all, and the forum was doing fine because everyone knew what was right and wrong, and newbies quickly learned about it.

Peachy

Maverick

Est. Contributor
Role
Other
I agree; the option you stated above is probably the best way of dealing with the members with unusual experiences. Or, as Lukie said, we should further question them about the experience. Just as clarification, I don't support flaming the members with unusual experiences; however, I do think it's better to do that than to just ignore them.

Status
Not open for further replies.