kittengirl173

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Diaperfur
  5. Little
Constantly feeling like I need to go to the bathroom was something I struggled with even before I started spironolactone. However, after starting spironolactone, a diuretics many trans woman take as it has a side effect of blocking testosterone, I started going to the bathroom even more. I went off spironolactone about a month as an experiment to check if I still needed it to block testosterone. Even during that time, after being on it for a while, I still needed to pee so often. My doctor says that after a few months, the body gets used to spiro and it no longer has the diuretic effect. So perhaps it no longer is spiro that's making me pee so much and instead my bladder has just shrunk.

In any case, while it's not all the time, I often will have to pee every 15 minutes. Sometimes I won't need to pee for an hour or two, but I usually have at least one period per day where I have to pee extremely often. Sometimes peeing will give relief for a little bit, but a few minutes later after sitting back down and I feel like I need to pee again. It's distracting because I have to get up to go to the bathroom so often. I'll also have to pee during the night, which can distract from sleep.

Anyhow, I'm curious if any of yall relate. How often do most people pee?

Last edited:
Reactions: Fleetwoodmac32192

kittengirl173

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Diaperfur
  5. Little
Like tonight I woke up to pee multiple times and now I'm just up really early. 😔

Reactions: sport1

Cottontail

Silly wabbit!
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Diaperfur
  5. Sissy
  6. Little
kittengirl173 said:
My doctor says that after a few months, the body gets used to spiro and it no longer has the diuretic effect. So perhaps it no longer is spiro that's making me pee so much and instead my bladder has just shrunk.
I'm not sure if this would apply to you or not, and in any case I don't mean to debate the influence of the spironolactone, but: For the last couple of years, I've spent roughly 1/3 of my waking hours in diapers. It's had a very noticeable affect on my need to pee. There's not exactly any urgency (unless I do actually wait too long), however I'm now much more aware of even slight fullness, and I find myself peeing much more frequently, whether I'm in diapers or not. The latter scenario is mildly annoying, and definitely a downside to normalizing diaper use.

kittengirl173 said:
How often do most people pee?
For me, it varies by time of day. I'm big into coffee and tea while working, and may wet my diaper every 30 minutes or so during working hours. I try to moderate my fluid intake later in the day, and drink very little after about 7pm so as to limit how many trips to the bathroom I have to make during the night. (Wife is accepting, but as of now I'm not sleeping in diapers regularly.)

Last edited:
Reactions: kittengirl173

kittengirl173

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Diaperfur
  5. Little
Cottontail said:
I'm not sure if this would apply to you or not, and in any case I don't mean to debate the influence of the spironolactone, but: For the last couple of years, I've spent roughly 1/3 of my waking hours in diapers. It's had a very noticeable affect on my need to pee. There's not exactly any urgency (unless I do actually wait too long), however I'm now much more aware of even slight fullness, and I find myself peeing much more frequently, whether I'm in diapers or not. The latter scenario is mildly annoying, and definitely a downside to normalizing diaper use.

See, that probably doesn't apply to me because I currently don't wear diapers that often. The first time I wore a diaper ever since childhood was in February. Since I'm not in the best financial situation, I've worn approximately ~30 diapers in that time judging by my order history. I'll wear for a couple days and then not wear for weeks. (I would love to wear daily someday, but that's besides the point.) I have gotten to the point where I can pee standing up wearing a diaper while outside of the bathroom, which I used to not be able to do. But I've still used diapers very little, so I don't think it would effect my bladder that much. My issues started to get worse back in February 2021 when I started HRT, though they've been getting a little more worse recently.

Reactions: Cottontail