Constantly being downgraded to lurker

Status
Not open for further replies.

twtw

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Private
I go through some pretty big purges, and I have a life outside this forum. Every so often I have to go on a posting spree so I am no longer a lurker (such as now). Why does this have to be.

Trevor

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
Personally, I'd prefer that we not be so activity-driven, but this is the way the site is. One post should put you back in the running, although it takes up to an hour for the activity to be registered. Welcome back :)

Moo

ADISC Admin
Staff
Role
  1. Private
I'm actually seriously considering making it so that you can only be downgraded to Lurker a maximum of one time.

Pojo

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Private
I'm actually seriously considering making it so that you can only be downgraded to Lurker a maximum of one time.

What is the point of it other than to get people to post. It's basically just some kind of tedious 'punishment' for when you're gone for a while. If you just got rid of it, there would be so many less threads of people complaining that they are lurker, and then having people telling them that they'll be back up within an hour.

WoXxY

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Incontinent
...or you could just increase the time period to a month instead of a week?
The lurker status isn't a bad idea, it just happens way too quickly.

Raccoon

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Diaperfur
There is no way to tag an account "dormant" ? I am thinking of people who can foresee going dormant: jail, hospitalization, being called to active military duty (still many countries with national service,) bar exams to study for or a thesis to write, even boarding school. They could contact mods and ask for a dormancy period. This might also apply to any case where an unauthorized user posts under a member's name.

avery

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Private
What is the point of it other than to get people to post. It's basically just some kind of tedious 'punishment' for when you're gone for a while. If you just got rid of it, there would be so many less threads of people complaining that they are lurker, and then having people telling them that they'll be back up within an hour.

ain't that the truth. well said, pojo.

Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
I can usually only post here about once a week and every week I get downgraded to lurker. They I post and I turn into a newbie for about an hour till I'm magically back to regular. I could see if I were gone for a month or longer, but it's just been 7 days.

Moo

ADISC Admin
Staff
Role
  1. Private
It should have already been set to only take effect after 30 days of being active and not posting. Ideally, it should also let you restore your access instantly by posting, rather than there being a delay period.

I've modified the system so that only people with zero posts can be demoted to lurker. Anyone with posts will henceforth be immune to demotion.

That should end the complaints, at least for now :)

WoXxY

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Incontinent
Wooooo nice :)
(Yeah, after I've become much more active too, but still!)

goodnites2002

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Nice change Moo. I have caught myself several times looking for a quick post to keep off of lurker status. An idea though, and I don't know if it can be done. Can you make only people who have verified identity not go back to lurker. I suggest that as a way to encourage people to verify who they are.

Mesmerale

Banned
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Babyfur
  3. Sissy
Nice change Moo. I have caught myself several times looking for a quick post to keep off of lurker status. An idea though, and I don't know if it can be done. Can you make only people who have verified identity not go back to lurker. I suggest that as a way to encourage people to verify who they are.

It was previously decided that the Verified-Identify Scheme would have a minimal effect on other stuff in the forums.

I think... :/

WoXxY

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Incontinent
Eh, I still think a one-month lurker status would be good regardless, at the very worst you'd have to de-lurk yourself 12 times a year. Is that really that bad?

Martin

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little

It is very easily possible, but as said by Mesmerale: It was decided that the VI scheme would have NO other effects other then being listed in your profile. Which is quite a fundamental part of it and I doubt we're going to change that (at least any time soon).

chevre

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover

Aside from our decision that the "verified" feature wouldn't have side effects (as others mentioned) I don't see how this is really related to being a lurker anyway :confused:.

Moo

ADISC Admin
Staff
Role
  1. Private
I'm against treating verified users as having a special immunity to being demoted to lurker.

I'm in favor of restoring the "if you don't post for awhile, you're demoted to lurker" system, but only once it can be fixed so that it takes, say, a whole month of lurking to be demoted, and being restored to normal status is much faster.

Status
Not open for further replies.