Conspiracy "Theories"

Status
Not open for further replies.

LittleJess

Banned
I'm a person of science and logic, being the programmer I am, although I may be classed as slightly delusional from depression, but nothing that isn't too crazy, I'm what we call "sane" delusional, all my delusional can be backed by logic, or evidence at some level, ie if someone were to dox me, It's likely, ie malware etc.

One of my pet peeves are conspiracy theories, sure I'm sceptical of the government, and everything, but I'm not one of those "FREE THINKERS / SKEPTICS" that kind of ruin the image for everyone.

A lot of it seems like a cult to be honest, anyone who doesn't agree with them are "sheeple" or idiots, yet at the same time they claim the most craziest things, it sounds like it comes from someone who is literally mentally insane.

Yes the government is corrupt, but I trust Wikileaks over some nutjob like Alex Jones. I've literally seen people who believe that Clinton is a fucking reptilian, like literally, I shit you not :p, I think some other people say Obama is, or whatever.

Sadly my dad is one of these type of people, doesn't help he is a atheist too, whenever he says crazy shit like that I'm like, uhuh, ok.. you're nuts.

I suppose some conspiracy "theories" are rooted in some truth at some level, but it's mostly "exaggerated" or fear mongering, but I suppose it's the same flaw in the brain which allows religious thinking.

It seems like some of these people view the world in black or white, if the news is false than "alex jones must be right", but in reality, it's more like this, the news isn't always 100% correct, and do lie, but there are people who expose this like Wikileaks. (third option), or scientists.

I hope you all see where I'm coming from. Like for example, it seems to be as flawed as, oh you don't believe in god, you must be a satanist, oh your a hacker, you must be bad. etc you see where I'm coming from.

(you even get more crazy, world being flat, aliens probing peoples bums etc)

Though, you also get people who believe everything they see, or even better yet everything they hear from a professional, I've personally have come across people with PHD's who don't know jack shit, and are full of it, and use there PHD as a comfort blanket. (mostly referring to one of my later on IT teachers), but than again there PHD isn't in a field that I respect. It's in education, It's not like it's science or information technology. so he has no right to use his PHD to "tell me I'm wrong" and full of shit, on something that a lot of people can do, and is well known fact to those who actually understand computers. (he hasn't contributed to anything)

I should also point out, he is like those creationists with PHD's, they often know jack shit, get respected and hide behind a blanket. I dislike people who hide behind qualifications to justify any bullshit that is false, though I had a science teacher with a PHD, which wasn't full of shit, I guess you get your bad apple every now and again.

Practically this person is a bit of a uptight asshole, just to give you an idea of what he is like, just picture this, he uses Dr on his facebook profile which isn't allowed, there isn't a single moment where he doesn't mention it, but the thing is, he doesn't tell you what it's in, you have to do some digging to find out. I guess there is a good reason to that.

He would practically dismiss anything you say, and hide behind his PHD, which is ironic, even if you know it's complete bullshit, there is no winning, as people usually don't confront them. Which is bad because he was teaching false information, and hiding behind qualifications, it wasn't like an honest mistake, it's stuff you could google and find out yourself, common knowledge for those in the IT field.

Obviously there are people out there with PHD's who know tons more than I ever will, but if you were to go out and telling everyone the world was flat for example, i'll call you out on it lol.

Unrelated to this post, but some of the stuff this dude claimed.
Apparently one of my friends was a hacker for using his school email to register for a website, had his school account locked, and almost had the police involved, I shit you not, this is also the guy in charge of IT. I think he was banned for 3 weeks or something crazy, the IT teacher at the time, had a huge laugh thinking oh god.

Claims macs can't get viruses, or malware (guess what I do in my spare time).

Tells me I'm wrong with something, because his knowledge is 40 years old, we live in a time where emulation is possible, he just refuses to accept it.

I could go on... eventually he respected me, once he found out I was actually good at programming, after him google searching my name, treated some idiot in the class as some genius (he copied and pasted everything), before that he would treat me like an idiot, even after showing him my code for a little side project I was working on.

My memory is a bit fuzzy with this detail, but from memory I think he said that no body uses Linux, only server admins, so it wasn't possible for me to know how to use it -.-, fuck if you gave me a book on driver programming, I could whip up a kernel driver (if you gave me some time) I know enough C to accomplish something like that.

Oh, I forgot the mention, the good IT teacher (the one without the PHD) but got sacked due to murder accusations, practically shit went down, he was just at the wrong place at the wrong time, 20 years ago, wasn't enough evidence, so he got acquitted. (if you want PM me, and I'll give you sources)

He actually wanted to bump me up a year, and went to the principle, I was a very bright student and didn't really spring until I happened to have the right teacher, but that never happened, due to him being arrested and tried for murder. I personally doubt he did it, long story short someone accused him of sexually assaulting someone, had his DNA taken, but was cleared, a couple weeks later, he is arrested for a murder that happened 20 years ago. Apparently his living circumstances kind of made it impossible for him to do so without someone noticing. as he lived with his parents at the time. (though the news doesn't know, but that are the circumstances that lead to his arrest) although the student was dismissed as lying.

Last edited:
I have mixed feelings about conspiracy theories. I really like some... Like UFO stuff (even some presidents and astronauts have seen UFOs). I kinda find JFK conspiracy theories interesting... Though they're mostly seeming increasingly unlikely. I think hollow earth theory could be... Maybe 25% true, 75% crap. Earth is obviously not hollow, but there could be very large caverns and caves in places deep underground. It's possible we live in some sort of simulation, though I wonder if people think of that too literally.

But... I don't like Alex Jones. I don't like theories that astronauts never landed on the moon, either. Flat Earth theory makes me want to cry and wet my diaper for the fact that anyone could still believe it in this day and age.

I have many thoughts and several things I want to respond to here... I'll try to capture them all. ^^;

Quite a few teachers, professors, and (in my experience, especially) doctors hide behind their degrees. I think it's primarily an ego thing. But it is infuriating when they tell you something you know to be wrong, and yet so far as they are concerned you aren't qualified to argue with them. And I usually don't respond very kindly -- I call them out on being either dishonest or lazy, as appropriate, and on that basis I openly disqualify them from further debate, conversation over. This generally annoys the hell out of them, which is exactly the point of course. The squeaky wheel gets the grease.

On the topic of flat Earth... it astonishes me that this is a thing. In fact, I'm very surprised that it even was a thing historically for so long. By way of example, the ancient Greeks were in contact with the ancient Egyptians, and so the Greeks knew that on the far side of the Mediterranean -- this nice, flat stretch of mileage -- there were these ginormous pyramids and this whole civilization around the Nile. And yet, as seen from Greece, all of that is over the horizon... past the "edge of the world" so to speak. How did they rationalize that to themselves?

As for conspiracy theories in general, I try to give them a fair shake and evaluate them critically. I haven't concluded that there are reptilians among us. :p However, I do give credence to the idea that the US government, and probably several others, know more about the UFO phenomenon than they have let on. I'm sure some sightings are of experimental aircraft. I've also come across enough reports of things that seem well beyond present human technological capability to think that some sightings are not our own experimental aircraft -- and I find it telling that (widely witnessed) apparent invasions of our sovereign airspace by unidentified flying objects fails to raise any concern with the US Air Force. You'd think that would perturb them a bit.

Finally...

Maxx said:
Those who can, do. Those who can't, teach. There are lots of good, effective teachers. They are not necessarily the cream of the crop, nor do they need to be.

I've heard this sentiment expressed quite often, and it is probably true most of the time. But to be honest, I find it a touch dismissive. Some of my best teachers were perfectly capable of performing well in their field of expertise, and had even done so for several years prior to going into teaching. They left their old profession because it wasn't fulfilling for them, not because they weren't good at it. For that matter, I have considered doing the same at some point, after I've made enough money working in research and engineering. I'm very good at what I do, my boss considers me "indispensable", and it's interesting, but it feels a bit empty after awhile... all I'm really doing is solving fun little technical conundrums and bringing home a paycheck. I'd like to do something that feeds my spirit a bit more. And I know from my experience in grad school that I very much enjoy teaching, at least at the college level.

If I decide to teach, I would not appreciate others assuming that it's because I couldn't hack it as a scientist or engineer.

To be honest, I think conspiracy theories are the "deep web" of politics, as its all so user-friendly. A single person, with the right magnitude of charisma and audience accessibility can spin a doomsday device in the form of headlines.

I really can't decide if they're the top of the rabbit hole or the bottom of the barrel. I did have a bit of a self-revelation with how fluid the news is. In my senior year of high school, one of the most reputable wrestling coaches/physics teachers/all-around coffee-drinking sane, regular good-guys suggested a roster of news websites to me, and urged me that keeping up with recent events are as critical as balancing an account or mastering algebra.

Over the course of five years, these sites have slowly grown into conspiracy cancer, and I used to dock them religiously and almost every billeted headline housed a new brain-cell. The temperature of those pages grew from a reasonable cool to a scalding, lava-hot scream of WWIII passion and global economic collapse, a new ebola case, and a new chemical being pumped into the skies every hour. It drove me to a point where I did honestly think nukes were at my front door any minute, and it ate into my ability to work and converse and overall, function.

I do think conspiracy theorist mentality is a mental disorder of its own. Some of my most rational friends can get roped into it and be convinced that a "Wounded warrior" weekend camp is actually a "FEMA camp" complete with questionable showers and a ticket booth (lol). It honestly did have me feeling as if life was fragile and meaningless, and unwavering distrust for the government, and fear and paranoia squeezes. Coming back into reality has never been so beautiful and with my friends who are facing that phase, I hope they all do get better soon.

On another note, every young malcontent watching grainy 9-11 videos in their parents' basement is one who's not organizing in the streets against war, racism and poverty. For wasting so many perfectly good activists on your wild goose chase against the imaginary Illuminati, I have just one thing to say to you, Alex Jones, (but its not PG-13 nor friendly), and If I were an oil CEO or a neocon politician, I would send you a bouquet of flowers for making the job that much easier.

Ah, the fema camp thing, still surprises me to this day people think it's a concentration camp, It's not North Korea for crying out loud. So that's what it's for? I just thought it was for some emergency or something. It's somewhat less crazy as "Obama having a weather machine" and is causing global warming, which makes no sense to a rational person.

Though it does get damaging, like the vaccines cause autism movement I swear that will be the death of our race, you would think if it caused it in children, the hell isn't it causing it in adults, no reason it shouldn't, obviously it doesn't but it's a thought. (since it would physically have to modify the brain structure anyway) plus, I don't see people eating tuna sandwiches becoming autistic.

I've also seen even crazier, people rejecting medication, hating big phrama, and than praising natural medicine I actually once said to a person, the fuck are you on about, snake oil will not cure cancer, nor will prayer do anything. (snake oil being X, whatever the latest fad is) (personally if i ever got cancer, I would obviously go for chemo and not fuck around with snake oil nonsense) miss information like that can literally be a life or death situation. Some people even kill there children over that nonsense, ie praying away the kids cancer instead of actually giving them chemo. It's like WTF are you doing, you're killing them. Surprised there aren't laws that make that illegal (That i'm aware of) somewhat child abuse tbh.

Same type of people love to make out that a "cure" for cancer exists, but is hidden under the rug, which is highly unlikely, kind of sad to see people so diluted. Let's put this into play, people cannot keep there mouths shut, if there was a magic cure, someone would of leaked it out by now.

It's like holy shit, did they smoke a bowl of meth or something, i will never understand the mindset of these people xD.

These kind of people, would practically watch Dr OZ all day, or some crap.

Last edited:
Shybug said:
Though it does get damaging, like the vaccines cause autism movement I swear that will be the death of our race, you would think if it caused it in children, the hell isn't it causing it in adults, no reason it shouldn't, obviously it doesn't but it's a thought.

Am I the only one who finds lethal strains of the flu and pox slightly more horrifying than autism?

As far as medicine evolved, from eating a root, to saying a prayer, to drinking a potion, to swallowing a pill, to injecting antibiotics, ...CP's will convince us 10,000 years of trials and advancement is all systemic oppression somehow. Let's all eat some roots.

(vaccines linked to autism entirely not true all the way, so many unbiased, medical reviews and journals published against it.... These nice people actually halted progress to finding HIV treatments and cancer cures and rigged their labs up for a few weeks to assure the anti-vaxxers shit we already knew to be true... so, they can spare the hours to read it.)

Sapphyre said:
On the topic of flat Earth... it astonishes me that this is a thing. In fact, I'm very surprised that it even was a thing historically for so long. By way of example, the ancient Greeks were in contact with the ancient Egyptians, and so the Greeks knew that on the far side of the Mediterranean -- this nice, flat stretch of mileage -- there were these ginormous pyramids and this whole civilization around the Nile. And yet, as seen from Greece, all of that is over the horizon... past the "edge of the world" so to speak. How did they rationalize that to themselves?

I saw a documentary a while back that claimed that most people realised the world was round long ago. I suppose, to most people, it must have been quite irrelevant, so they didn't give much consideration to it.

According to Wikipedia, "Aristotle provided evidence for the spherical shape of the Earth on empirical grounds by around 330 BC. Knowledge of the spherical Earth gradually began to spread beyond the Hellenistic world from then on."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flat_Earth

The sad thing is my mom is one of those people who believes in almost all the most ridiculous conspiracy theories.

I make it a point to ask people I know if they have ever seen a ufo and those that have told me yes and describe their experience are not the types of people that lie, in fact I am shocked they didn't keep it to themselves. Additionally I've done lots of reading over the years of peoples experiences and the details match those of the people I know. The universe is way too big for extraterrestrials to not exist. Could even be humanities future coming back in time to document our past? Too many unusual things happen all the time that aren't yet explainable.

I believe in aliens, but I don't believe they've visited. The thing to keep in mind when dealing with UFO claims is that "U" just stands for Unidentified. In other words, saying that you've seen a UFO just means you have no idea what you saw. And when you're far away from something and/or not well educated about the sorts of things we humans have put into the atmosphere--or when you've been drinking a lot or smoking things that aren't sold at 7 Eleven--the number of potentially unidentifiable objects is, for you, enormous.

One needn't lie to be full of shit.

I have a few pet conspiracy theories, though: For one, I suspect we could have cured the common cold decades ago, and simply haven't done it because of the gazillion-dollar industry around treating its symptoms. Similarly, I'd be surprised if the fossil fuel industry hasn't actively suppressed alternative energy research, and even research into technologies that would make fossil fuel consumption more efficient. As soon as reality sets in that our fossil fuel supplies are truly and inexorably running out, I bet that, over night, we'll have car engines doing 250 miles/gallon. Just you wait!

:)

Cottontail said:
I believe in aliens, but I don't believe they've visited. The thing to keep in mind when dealing with UFO claims is that "U" just stands for Unidentified. In other words, saying that you've seen a UFO just means you have no idea what you saw. And when you're far away from something and/or not well educated about the sorts of things we humans have put into the atmosphere--or when you've been drinking a lot or smoking things that aren't sold at 7 Eleven--the number of potentially unidentifiable objects is, for you, enormous.

I agree that there are a lot of good, terrestrial explanations for a lot of UFO reports. Alcohol & drugs, while surely the cause of some reports, are just very easy ways to dismiss it all. However..... there are still a bunch of reports that just aren't easily explained away.

I think the thought that aliens might be secretly visiting terrifies people. They don't want to believe it. Maybe they can't believe what they haven't seen with their own eyes. They don't want to believe that there's some whole other race out there that can do things we don't yet have any clue of how to accomplish. It's easier to just say it's impossible than to accept the possibility.

However, the main problem is that, despite a mountain of circumstantial evidence, there's no "smoking gun" hard evidence yet. There's a lot of info that's compelling to many people, but there's nothing that's total, perfect, undeniable, scientific proof. Unless/until that happens, there will be plenty of people who don't believe it.... and though I disagree, it is entirely understandable why one would feel this way. :sweatdrop:

For example the one person I know that has seen a craft, she and her sister saw it when they were in their twenties, her sister won't talk about it. She is now over 70. The thing is, it wasn't a ufo because it wasn't flying, it was parked on the ground. Egg shaped, about the size of a small car and blue/purple glow with no discernible doors or windows. Her story matches exactly one I read more than a decade ago of a British RAF officer investigating what was thought to be a crash. My friend didn't say it was bluish purple at first so I asked her and that's when I knew she want bullshitting me. Most reports of the small egg shaped ones have the blue purple glow. In both cases everyone just got the hell away from it because they were scared.

ShippoFox said:
However, the main problem is that, despite a mountain of circumstantial evidence, there's no "smoking gun" hard evidence yet. There's a lot of info that's compelling to many people, but there's nothing that's total, perfect, undeniable, scientific proof. Unless/until that happens, there will be plenty of people who don't believe it.... and though I disagree, it is entirely understandable why one would feel this way. :sweatdrop:

Well then, fortunately, the number of people who aren't walking around with cameras (i.e. smartphones) is rapidly approaching zero. If aliens are visiting us with any regularity, they'll soon be all over Facebook and Twitter with no hope of a government cover-up. Sure, our governments might want to cover something like that up, but today's digital social media are so distributed and so fast-moving that I don't believe government cover-ups of things like this are really possible. A compelling photo would be replicated into a million internet caches and other places before the "kill" command could even be issued. So... Stay tuned! (We also have a larger-than-ever legion of amateur astronomers with astrophotography gear, so any wormholes opening up in our cosmic neighborhood are probably Twitter-fodder too.)

Mostly I just don't believe physics supports the notion of casual visitations by aliens. If they do show up, the manner of their arrival will be more like Rendezvous With Rama than E.T. The Extraterrestrial. And there'll be no missing that!

Cottontail said:
Well then, fortunately, the number of people who aren't walking around with cameras (i.e. smartphones) is rapidly approaching zero. If aliens are visiting us with any regularity, they'll soon be all over Facebook and Twitter with no hope of a government cover-up. Sure, our governments might want to cover something like that up, but today's digital social media are so distributed and so fast-moving that I don't believe government cover-ups of things like this are really possible. A compelling photo would be replicated into a million internet caches and other places before the "kill" command could even be issued. So... Stay tuned! (We also have a larger-than-ever legion of amateur astronomers with astrophotography gear, so any wormholes opening up in our cosmic neighborhood are probably Twitter-fodder too.)

Hopefully there will be undeniable proof soon... Although it's pretty hard to take good pictures of things in the sky... especially with the cameras on phones. They just don't have enough zoom. I've tried it. So, you'd need to be in the right place, at the right time, and have the necessary equipment to take a quality picture. Even then.... the picture would face a lot of criticism. It's easy to make very convincing fakes.

There's also the possibility that aliens could use stealth technology of some sort. We continually improve that area of technology, so is it that much of a stretch to imagine that aliens could be doing it a whole lot better? We're even learning that it's possible to make things invisible.... so.... maybe there's a whole fleet of alien ships hiding far out in the solar system.... I'm not even trying to make a claim that there is, but it's possible.

Mostly I just don't believe physics supports the notion of casual visitations by aliens. If they do show up, the manner of their arrival will be more like Rendezvous With Rama than E.T. The Extraterrestrial. And there'll be no missing that!

Recently, scientists discovered the EM Drive actually works.... even though known physics basically says it just shouldn't work! Admittedly, this isn't FTL-speed technology, but it's a decent example of how we really just don't know everything. Nothing violates physics.... we just don't have the full understanding of physics that we like to think we have.

However... although I think faster than light travel will be possible someday, I don't think it's necessary for interstellar travel. It'd probably be very useful, but not absolutely necessary. A sufficiently advanced artificial intelligence might be able to make such a journey from one star to another. Or who knows what other technologies might exist that humanity has yet to realize.

It would be amazing if aliens just suddenly traveled here through a wormhole though! It is theoretically possible.

Actually, since the video cameras and cell phones became commonplace, there have been a lot of videos taken of flying objects that are very difficult to explain. There are even police accounts where they've responded to things they were unable to explain. That said, wild conspiracy theories are for either the stupid or those with mental problems, or something that's missing in their lives, and said conspiracy fills that void.

Conspiracy theories appear on websites that have no merit and present no verifiable proof. What concerns me more is our respected news media. Yes they present facts and events that can be verified, but they also pick and choose what we see, and as we've experienced, that can effect elections. It's what they don't show that troubles me.

ShippoFox said:
Recently, scientists discovered the EM Drive actually works.... even though known physics basically says it just shouldn't work! Admittedly, this isn't FTL-speed technology, but it's a decent example of how we really just don't know everything. Nothing violates physics.... we just don't have the full understanding of physics that we like to think we have.

However... although I think faster than light travel will be possible someday, I don't think it's necessary for interstellar travel. It'd probably be very useful, but not absolutely necessary. A sufficiently advanced artificial intelligence might be able to make such a journey from one star to another. Or who knows what other technologies might exist that humanity has yet to realize.

It would be amazing if aliens just suddenly traveled here through a wormhole though! It is theoretically possible.

Ah-ah-ah! The EM Drive is still far from science-fact. Don't jump the gun. The scientific methodology used by NASA to conduct the experiment has been peer-reviewed, but not until the mechanism that generates the thrust is understood will the theory be considered proved. As of now, it's still "magic", even to the NASA scientists, who are being careful not to declare any sort of victory yet. Plenty of peer-reviewed science has ultimately been debunked later when uncontrolled variables were discovered. (Of course, the guy who proposed this EM Drive idea 16 years ago was declaring victory even before anybody had seen one, which is preeeeeetty fishy!)

So as far as physics is concerned, nothing has changed. Yet.

But I agree that's beside the point anyway. Even with an EM Drive, we've been given no reason to believe that F=ma will cease to apply, and our good Mr. Hawking is careful to point out that wormholes are merely one of many solutions to a math problem. It is not known whether they exist in nature, and certainly not whether they can be created on demand. Getting E.T.s from their (presumably) very remote homes to Earth remains a thing of some imagination. That's not to say I find the notion of alien visitors completely ridiculous. The notions of visits and abductions as described in pop culture, however, are really not at all compelling from a scientific standpoint. They fall into the same category as claims of seeing and photographing ghosts.

Although, actually, I believe in ghosts. They haunt our brains, though, and no place else. :)

Last edited:
Cottontail said:
Ah-ah-ah! The EM Drive is still far from science-fact. Don't jump the gun. The scientific methodology used by NASA to conduct the experiment has been peer-reviewed, but not until the mechanism that generates the thrust is understood will the theory be considered proved. As of now, it's still "magic", even to the NASA scientists, who are being careful not to declare any sort of victory yet. Plenty of peer-reviewed science has ultimately been debunked later when uncontrolled variables were discovered. (Of course, the guy who proposed this EM Drive idea 16 years ago was declaring victory even before anybody had seen one, which is preeeeeetty fishy!)

So as far as physics is concerned, nothing has changed. Yet.

But I agree that's beside the point anyway. Even with an EM Drive, we've been given no reason to believe that F=ma will cease to apply, and our good Mr. Hawking is careful to point out that wormholes are merely one of many solutions to a math problem. It is not known whether they exist in nature, and certainly not whether they can be created on demand. Getting E.T.s from their (presumably) very remote homes to Earth remains a thing of some imagination. That's not to say I find the notion of alien visitors completely ridiculous. The notions of visits and abductions as described in pop culture, however, are really not at all compelling from a scientific standpoint. They fall into the same category as claims of seeing and photographing ghosts.

Although, actually, I believe in ghosts. They haunt our brains, though, and no place else. :)

I think I had an exaggerated idea of what a peer reviewed article means. But apparently there's a way to explain the EM Drive without upending the laws of physics. Something called "The Mach Effect"

http://motherboard.vice.com/read/the-fact-and-fiction-of-the-nasa-emdrive-paper-leak

I kinda wish I took physics class in high school... but I just didn't want to do all the math. I'm actually not bad at math, but it's just very frustrating. Plus, I'd have been sad to miss out on astronomy!

As for ghosts.... hmm.... I don't know what to think about ghosts. I guess I do think that they're "real" in a way, but that there could be several other possible explanations. There's also a part of me that thinks it's scary and wants to believe it's not possible whatsoever. However, if they actually are real in the traditional "lingering soul" sense, then... it could be a comforting thing, too. It depends on perspective.

Fun fact: I'm one of the only few people in my family to have never seen a ghost.

Crinklebuttt said:
For example the one person I know that has seen a craft, she and her sister saw it when they were in their twenties, her sister won't talk about it. She is now over 70. The thing is, it wasn't a ufo because it wasn't flying, it was parked on the ground. Egg shaped, about the size of a small car and blue/purple glow with no discernible doors or windows. Her story matches exactly one I read more than a decade ago of a British RAF officer investigating what was thought to be a crash. My friend didn't say it was bluish purple at first so I asked her and that's when I knew she want bullshitting me. Most reports of the small egg shaped ones have the blue purple glow. In both cases everyone just got the hell away from it because they were scared.

This is a rare event. I would be amazed.... but also very, very careful if I ever saw a landed unknown craft! Some people have received radiation burns from getting too close to such things. So it's a very good thing that everyone kept their distance in the end!

Here's an interesting question about UFOs. Why do they seem to "crash" so often? My theory is that they usually don't simply crash. There's something else to it.... but I don't know what. It's not a very detailed theory. :sweatdrop:

ShippoFox said:
I think I had an exaggerated idea of what a peer reviewed article means. But apparently there's a way to explain the EM Drive without upending the laws of physics. Something called "The Mach Effect"

http://motherboard.vice.com/read/the-fact-and-fiction-of-the-nasa-emdrive-paper-leak

I kinda wish I took physics class in high school... but I just didn't want to do all the math. I'm actually not bad at math, but it's just very frustrating. Plus, I'd have been sad to miss out on astronomy!

As for ghosts.... hmm.... I don't know what to think about ghosts. I guess I do think that they're "real" in a way, but that there could be several other possible explanations. There's also a part of me that thinks it's scary and wants to believe it's not possible whatsoever. However, if they actually are real in the traditional "lingering soul" sense, then... it could be a comforting thing, too. It depends on perspective.

Fun fact: I'm one of the only few people in my family to have never seen a ghost.

This is a rare event. I would be amazed.... but also very, very careful if I ever saw a landed unknown craft! Some people have received radiation burns from getting too close to such things. So it's a very good thing that everyone kept their distance in the end!

Here's an interesting question about UFOs. Why do they seem to "crash" so often? My theory is that they usually don't simply crash. There's something else to it.... but I don't know what. It's not a very detailed theory. :sweatdrop:

Eh, most "UFOs" are just government aircraft, there technology is "futuristic" but mostly because the military actually have technology that is way ahead of what we have.

I think the CIA declassified papers that practically said what UFOs were, and that most were government aircraft.
Also for the not seeing ghosts thing, I've never seen a ghost, I've had hallucinations and saw spiders, but there just that hallucinations. :p

It might seem like alien technology, but you'll be surprised how advanced the technology the military can develop. a lot of it isn't public.

The government doesn't fuck around when it comes to "top secret stuff" if a top secret aircraft crashes, they'll cover it up, Do you think the USA want places like North Korea copying there top secret aircraft? You should see what they do with whistleblowers. They will find you and hunt you down, unless your snowden and flee to somewhere like russia lol

That being said, pretty sure Australias Air Force has something like it called the Pine Gap.

https://www.cia.gov/news-information/blog/2016/take-a-peek-into-our-x-files.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back