Console Scalping is resulting in low Software sales

Status
Not open for further replies.
I might get both. eventually. a PS5 and a 3060 Ti, but ahhhh.... it's such a waste of money to get both! I'd prefer the GPU, but there will be things on PS5 in the future that I won't wanna miss out on. Plus, I think it would be good for all the PS4 games I haven't played yet. šŸ˜¹ But for now, I'm in no hurry. they're all too hard to find anyway.

ShippoFox said:
I might get both. eventually. a PS5 and a 3060 Ti, but ahhhh.... it's such a waste of money to get both! I'd prefer the GPU, but there will be things on PS5 in the future that I won't wanna miss out on. Plus, I think it would be good for all the PS4 games I haven't played yet. šŸ˜¹ But for now, I'm in no hurry. they're all too hard to find anyway.
The desktop I recently got has a 3070, pretty nice coming from my best system having been a PS4 Pro and it satisfies my gaming needs while I wait on PS5 Availability to improve (meanwhile my PS4 Pro is a glorified Media Streaming box due to overheating)

Does this mean I should short Gamestop? ;)

I have largely lost interest in video games, but this doesnā€™t surprise me. I distinctly remember the PlayStation 2 selling out quickly back when it was launched in the. US on October 26, 2000. Even after supply caught up (I think it took at least a few months), many of the early PS2s were plagued with lens problems (actually had mine exchanged under an extended warranty due to ā€œDisc Read Errorā€ issues).

The bot thing is disturbing, but also not surprising. Not to mention that if someone with a bot can afford to buy large numbers of consoles, he/she probably has a good deal of disposable income in the first place.

If I got into video games again, I would wait a little while before buying any new console. Not only would I avoid scalpers, but it isnā€™t like a new console launches with very many games in the first place.

Wouldnā€™t it be nice if people kept refusing to pay inflated prices and scalpers got stuck with a bunch of consoles they couldnā€™t sell? One can dream, right?

IzzyFox said:
I have largely lost interest in video games, but this doesnā€™t surprise me. I distinctly remember the PlayStation 2 selling out quickly back when it was launched in the. US on October 26, 2000. Even after supply caught up (I think it took at least a few months), many of the early PS2s were plagued with lens problems (actually had mine exchanged under an extended warranty due to ā€œDisc Read Errorā€ issues).

The bot thing is disturbing, but also not surprising. Not to mention that if someone with a bot can afford to buy large numbers of consoles, he/she probably has a good deal of disposable income in the first place.

If I got into video games again, I would wait a little while before buying any new console. Not only would I avoid scalpers, but it isnā€™t like a new console launches with very many games in the first place.

Wouldnā€™t it be nice if people kept refusing to pay inflated prices and scalpers got stuck with a bunch of consoles they couldnā€™t sell? One can dream, right?
What I do find surprising is not a single store seems to want to place the consoles on shelves so you can walk in when you would have been there anyways and just buy one off the shelves

Plus, over 2 months post launch they are still selling for $200 over retail? Absurd

Unfortunately it seems that people buy PS5s more to brag about than to actually enjoy playing them

TillamookMMX said:
It really is hurting the money Sony gets because Sony has to rely on people who have the consoles and are trying to sell them with a markup to actually sell them. That is a bad business model because if people donā€™t pay that markup, Sony is screwed. I donā€™t think any other console has had this much demand at launch.
I think part of the high demand is people that turned to Gaming as something to do when they lost their job due to the Pandemic, that and the scalpers literally holding onto consoles as long as they possibly can to sell them for maximum profits

IzzyFox said:
Actually, more then not, these are people looking for a quick buck and maxing out every line of credit they have to do it.
To which I say I hope you choke on them and your 24% interest rate kills any profit you might have made.

I cant wait to see the stories of Man tries to return 57 PS5s told NO!! Lol

Reactions: BabyTyrant
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back