Confused feelings tonight

Hakanloaim

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Little
Hi everyone 🙂

I don’t remember clearly why, but for a few days I was thinking about the Diary of a Wimpy Kid series. The main character, Greg, has the same age as my little self (12) and the whole series is intended to kids from about 10 to 12 years old. I’ve already seen the third one years ago on a cable channel while staying with my father for a few days and found it really fun considering my little age. He’s not the kind of man who likes to watch and let watch this but he surprisingly let me do so after having randomly zapped on the channel so I better had. Eventually on Sunday I bought the first book and Amazon and on Monday illegally downloaded the first three movies.

So long story short, today I watched the two first movies with great pleasure. The last one ended like an hour ago but now I don’t really know how I feel. Sure it was a fun evening and I felt like a kid again but now I kinda miss those times. Surprising since the story is about starting middle school which I hated (Greg Heffley says it may be the dumbest idea ever invented and I would have said it) because I was heavily teased and mildly bullied, and felt I was surrounded by a lot of morons. As a really shy kid, and I am not less shy today, I couldn’t even fathom doing a tenth of what I find would have been fun to to with friends. But also it reminds me of what my life could have been it it wasn’t ruined by the bullies (for instance, by constantly tell me I was ugly they made me become ugly). Even my first friends here stopped to talk to me. I’m not angry, just disappointed. Sometimes I wonder if all my former friends at school/middle school still think about me sometimes (I think about them from time to time, we really had fun together).

So now I’m torn apart between the kid I was 15 years ago, the kid I want to have been, and the kid I want to be while age playing. I want to have done things, I can do them now but it’s impossible alone. I don’t know if I successfully translated what’s in my mind at the moment. Have you already felt like that?

As a side note the movies made me remember a Reddit thread (or several identical threads) about the american education system. It appears that how they are depicted is far closer to the reality than expected. Like no wonder we French studends don’t do cultural exchanges with Americans! We would have blown the Ministry of Education up considering how lame our lives are in comparison. Blimey! we don’t even have the right to stay indoors between courses! 20 lbs (10 kg) backpacks and no usable lockers! No nothing actually! And don’t get me started on the non existent activities.

Just realized I’ve been on this for 45 minutes. Time to go to bed!

Kawaiii

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Incontinent
You can't go back in time, however, you can cherish the good memories and experiences you had. Use it as an inspiration and a good motivator to live the rest of your life how you would foresee it.

Hakanloaim

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Little
I just can’t think of an elaborate answer. This is good advice I try to follow.