ConfiDry issues

Tinklepanties

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Sissy
  3. Incontinent
Does anyone else have an issue with ConfiDry diaper not “living up to potential “? By this I mean: leaking, especially around the leg openings once the back is about 80% wet, and the front is almost completely dry? I primarily use the ConfiDry for overnight wear, and have tried various different taping taping techniques, repositioning my boy parts, and varying how it sits on my waist, all with no significant improvements in its ability to utilize the front of the diaper.
Any suggestions would be appreciated. I like this diaper generally, but am about ready to move to the MegaMax if I can’t resolve this problem.

hmm i have had no issues with Confi-dry oddly. I have pretty much flooded them occasionally too with no issues.

Very very few diapers out there are going to have wicking good enough to saturate the diaper 100% before leaking. You just have took at it as usibilty before leaking, not total potential capacity. And yeah confidry is a shadow of its former self, and just isn't as good as it used to be. If you need a more trustworthy diaper then I'd recommend Megamax or Betterdry.

Reactions: Deleted member 47221 and Tinklepanties
DanielW said:
It's a wicking issue more than anything. All diapers suffer from it (some more than others) . You might try using a booster pad without a waterproof backing to help move wetness towards the back of the diaper. More absorbancy in and of itself won't solve the wicking problem.
I think you’re right, as the diaper has a huge amount of absorption potential, it just can’t wick the liquid to the dry areas.
I’ve had great luck with the MegaMax, and will probably end up going with it in the future, but was hoping someone had a suggestion I hadn’t thought of for the ConfiDry.

Reactions: Deleted member 47221
Slomo said:
Very very few diapers out there are going to have wicking good enough to saturate the diaper 100% before leaking. You just have took at it as usibilty before leaking, not total potential capacity. And yeah confidry is a shadow of its former self, and just isn't as good as it used to be. If you need a more trustworthy diaper then I'd recommend Megamax or Betterdry.
I love BetterDrys for daytime wear, and have had good results with them overnight as well. I like the peace of mind from knowing I have a diaper with lots of absorption for overnight use, and have had good results with ConfiDrys in the past. You may be right about them not being the product they once were...:(

I used ConfiDry consistently for several years, but they seem to be no longer available in Canada. I’ve been told that the distributor went out of business. So for the last few months i’ve been wearing BetterDry. BetterDry fits somewhat differently than ConfiDry, but I’ve had no problem with leaks.

Reactions: Tinklepanties
BetterDry's run small compared to ConfiDry. ConfiDry isn't near what they use to be. I have an older ConfiDry that's thicker than a Magamax.

Reactions: willnotwill
Inconinmiss said:
I used ConfiDry consistently for several years, but they seem to be no longer available in Canada. I’ve been told that the distributor went out of business. So for the last few months i’ve been wearing BetterDry. BetterDry fits somewhat differently than ConfiDry, but I’ve had no problem with leaks.
I agree, while BetterDrys fit differently than ConfiDrys, I seem to be able to get a better seal with the BetterDry.

Can you move easier in a betterdry diaper vs comfydry diaper?

I think so. It seems like the BetterDry doesn’t bunch up in the front as much as the ConfiDrys do. That may also contribute to the poor wicking from front to back.
The ConfiDry I went to bed in last night began leaking a bit around the leg opening shortly after I got up this morning. I changed into a Betterdry, and it has seen me through a pot of coffee, and is still going. It seems to wick better across the entire absorption area.

makena43 said:
Can you move easier in a betterdry diaper vs comfydry diaper?
That's going to depend on how well they fit you personally. For me, the answer is a definite yes. Betterdry fit and allow me to move around much better than confidry ever could. That's also why they don't leak on my prematurely too.

I am getting used to wearing the same braid so I can move better. Not think about them. And I change. During my lunch hour. And no leaks unless. The thing is pointed to the side of diaper

Confidry don't seem to have a high sap content. I consider them very mid-range for capacity, if not even a little below that. When wet, they never seem to feel dry, and they really don't swell up at all. This lack of sap makes them vulnerable to "press-out", which is worst when they've gotten wet into the back and you sit down. On the upside, I've found their wicking is great and they absorb really fast.

Some of us will remember years ago when confidry were really stiff when dry. I'm not sure if they changed the pulp (or fluffed it up?) or if they started using less sap. IIRC, the wicking back then was good, but the absorption speed was slow.

bambinod said:
Confidry don't seem to have a high sap content. I consider them very mid-range for capacity, if not even a little below that. When wet, they never seem to feel dry, and they really don't swell up at all. This lack of sap makes them vulnerable to "press-out", which is worst when they've gotten wet into the back and you sit down. On the upside, I've found their wicking is great and they absorb really fast.

Some of us will remember years ago when confidry were really stiff when dry. I'm not sure if they changed the pulp (or fluffed it up?) or if they started using less sap. IIRC, the wicking back then was good, but the absorption speed was slow.
It all of the above. I remember when confidry had lots of sap, and padding to start too. The plastic was very sturdy, and the tapes stuck really good. Now it's none of those, which is a bit surprising. Confidry came about directly because of when Abena had cheapened up their diapers and lost tons of market share and profits. Confidry should have learned to aboid Abenas folly, but they followed suit instead.

Of note, the current Betterdry is an almost exact replica of the original Confidry (though with a few minor improvements). I'm really hoping Betterdry doesn't follow confidry's downfall too.

Reactions: Tinklepanties
Slomo said:
It all of the above. I remember when confidry had lots of sap, and padding to start too. The plastic was very sturdy, and the tapes stuck really good. Now it's none of those, which is a bit surprising. Confidry came about directly because of when Abena had cheapened up their diapers and lost tons of market share and profits. Confidry should have learned to aboid Abenas folly, but they followed suit instead.

Of note, the current Betterdry is an almost exact replica of the original Confidry (though with a few minor improvements). I'm really hoping Betterdry doesn't follow confidry's downfall too.
I agree about BetterDry. They have become my go-to diaper for daytime wear.

I was actually curious about buying ConfiDry... What issues do they have?

Sheepies said:
I was actually curious about buying ConfiDry... What issues do they have?

my tl;dr: They're a nice diaper, though they certainly have limits. Despite the name, they seem to have only a middling amount of sap, so they don't swell much (if at all) and definitely don't "feel" dry when wet, but they do wick well and have at least average absorption speed if not a little above average. Although they have front and rear elastic (comfy! and the padding is soft) the padding stops several inches from the front and back. The mediums are smaller than many other mediums, and the larges are larger than many larges, so there's a bit of a size gap there from what I've experienced. But for size large, they're several inches longer than other larges, which can be nice when compared to some of the much shorter larges on the market. They don't have a retape panel, and the shell is a fairly soft and smooth plastic so they have a nice feel. So they use two-use tapes, but the 2nd use tape's adhesive seems to be a lot more prone to popping off. (the first use tapes also seem to have less holding power, I've had them shift and pop on occasion) The padding also clumps more than average when wet and will even start to clump and shift to the crotch when dry if you're active while wearing for an extended time. (and when that happens, they seem to become extremely loud/crinkly) I consider them a good overnight diaper when I haven't had much to drink and don't need high capacity, because the tape and clumping issues are less of a concern overnight.

Reactions: Trevor
I use ConfiDry 24/7 Medium with a XXL Booster Pad folded in the front and folded in the back. They definitely hold a lot and do become bulky with the booster pad when wet. They can hold many heavy wettings. However the tapes aren't the best and tend to seperate when the diaper is soaked and or lots of movement or when sleeping. Most of the time the tapes never pop off but are at the very brink of coming undone when I'm done with it. But you cant really sit down when wearing a soaked Confidry. They will leak out the back. I still like them but they are better for home use.

anybody heard when Betterdry is coming to the US in size XL? i have asked before but now it seems like Confidry's aren't holding up to the task and we will need a new replacement for king of the all white waistband overnight diaper.... I like the fit of the large Confidry but havent found one that is close yet. The Megamaxs are good but not as much coverage, and the betterdry XL's overseas are saying up to 65" (same as Confidry). Fingers crossed...

Back