Confidence In Your Diaper

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pramrider

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Other
When I tried using Goodnites sometime back I noticed I could easily wet them while in the bathroom standing in the tub or sitting on the commode or tub edge. Soon as I tried using one outside of the bathroom I couldn't relax enough to do it no matter how much I tried. In my mind was this image of it leaking, making a wet mess on the carpet, or furniture if I were sitting, and that seemed to be a major mental restraint holding me back from being able to go.

I could see from that experience that to be relaxed and comfortable enough to use your diaper easily while around the family, or out and about in public, or wherever, one key element is the need to have 100%+ confidence in it not leaking. Something that obviously would take a varying amount of time to build up between individual users. So I was wondering, how long did it take you to get to the point you trusted your diaper (and yourself) implicitly to actually be able to easily use it beyond the private confines of your bath or bedroom, with no fear or worries of a telltale leak - no matter whether you were going to be sitting, standing, or doing anything else?

~Pramrider

paradox54

Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
I never have, but the closest I've come is with Abena X-Pluses. The only worry that I have with those is whether or not I have them properly adjusted so as to not leak.
I've found that I sleep quite well in a reliable diaper (at least as good as I do without wearing, and sometimes much better than I do undiapered), but when I've tried to sleep in a diaper that I don't have confidence in (such as Depends Underwear), I have a horrible time falling asleep, even though I don't wet the bed.

Pojo

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
I pretty much trusted them from the get-go...Although sometimes I probably shouldn't have >_>

Gingy

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Sissy
I have only been able to do it a handfull of times. The best thing to do is put on a diaper when you have to pee, and then dont take of off untill after you pee. But dont hold it untill your body makes it come out THATS BAD! *points finger at you (yes... You, the reader)* just relax your entire body, even then it may take a little while, but it is way less damaging then the way some people choose to do it.

babyemo

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover,
i can pee standing and alone, but nothing other than that, i dont know why

emurray

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
it took me a few trys but i got used to it after while and can do it where ever!

DLGrif

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur
For the longest time I went with Goodnites because they were over-the-counter and I had a bad time with Depends. I never felt safe in them. Then once I got some privacy I went exclusively with Abena X-Plus. Before long I was utterly amazed at the absorbency, even though I leaked about three times over a 12-month period. Remember, diapers leak, it just happens.

I got so confident I started wetting the bed occasionally whenever I drank a lot o.o

Darkfinn

Banned
Role
Diaper Lover, Incontinent,
I think it is partially a mental block. Since wetting requires a degree of relaxation if in the back of your mind you are worried about a leak or something it is going to be more difficult to wet.

betagame

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
I drip drops of pee into my diaper and wet, but i do not think i can go pee while walking.
I cant pee while laying down, riding in a car, or in some public environments.

PumaPunku

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
Confidence in diapers. Definitely you need to be confident that it will not leak at an inconvenient time.

Some of the store brand adult diapers are untrustworthy for me. Have to wear plastic pants to make sure and that was no guarantee. After several trials I found a store brand or two that worked.

My favorite at the moment it the Tranquility All Through the Night. Very good diaper. Bambinos are on my wish list. Molicare was very trustworthy, but felt like a futon between my legs.

As for wetting, this is something that you will have to get used to. I had blocks on wetting myself early on where I just couldn't go even though the bladder was full. Once I tried to force it and felt something 'pop' right above my pubic area. Two months later I was in for surgery on a hernia because I tried to force the issue rather than relax. Not fun.

Here is a 'day off' type activity I used: Get a large cup of coffee (20 Oz), drink that first thing in the morning while diapered. Go back to bed and close my eyes and imagine the trickling feeling while going through a relaxation technique (or meditation). Eventually nature will call. When I couldn't go laying down, I would stand up in front of the toilet and try to go. This would help get things flowing which once started flowing with a good amount of liquid in the bladder, it would just keep flowing for a while and I could get that 'i lost control' feeling.

On occasion of doing relaxation and having coffee in me, I have lost control without pushing. Magical times. Feels great to not have to push to get results. Takes time though.

Role
Diaper Lover
In all honesty, what I do to find the capacity of a given diaper is to sit down to a WoW raid or a console or PC RPG session and just see how long it takes for me to wet my (towel-covered faux leather) chair. The Molicares that I have right now can hold about 2 full wettings before the danger of leaking.

Martin

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Little
I can go anywhere but lying down in bed. (that's including in public)

snydead

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur
When I started out, I too stood in a bathtub in case the diaper leaks. But now I learned how much I should drink when wetting my diaper and plus I learned that I can't wet the same diaper twice... so after learning that I now have confidence in wetting my diaper without standing over the tub.

G

gamebaby

I usaly 100% trust my diapers. I may get super absorbent ones but i trust my self to wear and wet my diaper ouside of the room.

goodnitesgirl

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
As far as confidence in my diaper I got a little help since I wore goodnites for bedwetting. They leaked on my about 1 out of every 10 nights but when I wet them during the day I almost never leaked the key was to know how fast I could wet them without risking a leak. I still wear goodnites from time to time because I like the cuteness but for night use and times during the day when I 100% do not want to leak I wear an adult diaper.

Darkfinn

Banned
Role
Diaper Lover, Incontinent,
I'm beginning to place a lot of trust in these new Dry 24/7 diapers. They can put up with a lot of punishment if you go slowly... you think they're going to leak but they just keep on taking it.

Role
Diaper Lover
I don't think its a matter of trusting the diaper. I think its a matter of untraining your subconscious. Part of it may be trusting the diaper, but a larger part is getting over the years of conditioning against just letting go. The more comfortable I got in my diaper, the easier it became to let go. I am now at the point that if I need to go and I am not diapered, I feel inconvenienced. If I am diapered I can wet sitting, standing, walking, whatever. I still awake at night when I wet, but only barely. I don't wear a diaper every night so I am somewhat concerned that I might get too comfortable and just wet the bed. I honestly do not want that, though I know some of you do.
Regardless, I believe the larger issue is learning to relax and forget all you've been taught about control. Easier said then done.

Status
Not open for further replies.