Concerts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kraiden

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
Well, I recently got myself tickets to a coldplay concert, which I had absolutely no idea was coming to Australia. So I'm rather excited, since I've always wanted to see them.

I'm just wondering if others have ever been to their favorite band's concert, how was it, any memorable experiences, etc.... and if not, who would you love to go see in concert?

(also, on an unrelated note, I had no idea that coldplay released a few more singles until yesterday when I saw an instrumental ending track of theirs on Video Hits, and wondered why the hell they were playing a track without lyrics. Turns out they've finished some songs they didn't complete in time for their last album. booyeah!)

D

daria7483

When I was 13, I was really into Alanis Morissette and her "Jagged Little Pill" CD, and I wanted to see her in concert more than anything, but I never could. So when she came to my city last September, I got tickets. It wasn't bad, and she did do some of her old stuff from my teen angst days, but I'm sure if I'd seen her when she was really big it would've been much more exciting for me.

I haven't been to that many concerts for one reason or another -- usually it's not someone who I want to see enough to pay for it, or I don't find out that someone I like is in town until the day of. But the ones with less-famous bands in smaller venues, which are cheaper anyway, are always more fun to me than the big drunkfests at large expensive venues.

Charlie

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Sissy, Carer, Other
I've seen quite a few concerts: Kings Of Leon I've seen a bunch of times, Radiohead, Arcade Fire, Red Hot Chilli Peppers, Bloc Party, The Young Knives (twice), LCD Soundsystem, and other lesser known bands...

A few of those were at a music festival though. The best gigs are in the small venues, so much better.

Memorable gigs were:
1) Kings Of Leon at Blackpool, where the crowd were so rough that they knocked down the barrier and KOL had to go off stage. Then the lead singer came back on and actually had to speak to the crowd and ask them to move backwards.
This gig was also significant because it was the first proper violent gig I'd seen. I was there with my parents...

... and it really restored their faith: violence hasn't left music!

2) Kings Of Leon at Leeds '07. This is only time I've ever feared dying at a gig! No comment on the music being played, as I couldn't hear it! People were being knocked over, and in that massive crowd it was bloody dangerous! I had to help my friend up too, and I really mean 'I had' because there was no getting up otherwise.

3) RHCP at Leeds '07. Got right to the very front of the massive crowd! And had to be helped over the barrier to avoid being crushed. :p

Who do I want to see? The Killers! And I shall be very soon.
Unfortunately in a big arena, but luckily in the standing bit right near the front! :D

Pojo

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
I have yet to go to a concert. I would like to go to a Coldplay one though, but I would definitely love to go to a Killers one.

m8mamiya

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Carer
Well most of the concerts here in Hawaii and the island i used to live on, (maui) were mainly local artists. Most of them were really good, but the only other ones i went to see were, Hot Hot Heat, Switchfoot, The Plain White T's, and Matisyahu.

My favorite was probably the switchfoot concert, i got my first boobie show there! :p

Just some random girl who happened to crowd surf near us and threw her bra..somewhere. XD

Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Diaperfur
Woo Coldplay! They're great. :D Have fun!

I've never been to an "official" concert. I've been dying to see Avenged Sevenfold, though.

Figz and I WERE gonna go to the Taste of Chaos tour last spring, but we got hit by a serious blizzard and were snowed in for four days. That's major suckage right there.

Hans

Est. Contributor
Role
Other
I have seen,

Amy Grant (took my mom for Mother's Day, this was SEVERAL years ago)
Lifehouse/Everclear/Matchbox 20 (headliner) which was also a Mother's Day present

Weird Al Yankovic twice, fun shows.
Gov't Mule w/ Umphrey's McGee
Gov't Mule w/ Tea Leaf Green

I would love to go see R.E.M, Presidents of the United States of America, GWAR, RHCP, and Queens of the Stone Age in concert.

Dawes

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
I can't even begin to count the number of concerts I've been to. I think probably over 300. Granted, many of them were repeats -- I've seen Andrew W.K. about twelve times, Rammstein about four, KMFDM some ungodly amount, Billy Joel a few, and so on and so forth. I used to go to concerts every Friday. There was a place down in Virginia hosted some really great metal concerts every weekend. Gave me the chances to see Morbid Angel, Zyklon B, Dimmu Borgir, Arch Enemy, Iced Earth (who all look like The Undertaker), In Flames, Hate Eternal (who, despite their name, are genuinely wonderful guys, Erik Rutan especially), and ... God, the list goes on. And on. And on.

I've outgrown concerts at this point. I would much rather stay at home and enjoy the music on a CD unless I'm the one playing the concert, at which point ... well, there's nothing better than being in the venue, being loud, and destroying.

Nicky

Est. Contributor
Role
Carer
Been to probably 40 ish. I live shows, one of my favorite things in the world actually

avery

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
probably the most memorable concerts i've been to were the times i got to see elliott smith before he died. i was a raving elliott smith fanboy when i was a teenager and i had a girlfriend who was even more into him than me. we went to see him at yoyoagogo in 1999; it was an amazing show that has since gone down in history.

i remember that feeling where you're waiting outside the venue, freezing cold and choking on people's cigarette smoke, and you can't believe you're actually about to be standing in the presence of this performer who you revere and idolize. i think it's something you can only experience as a teenager; i don't idolize people that way anymore.

another band i used to be really into was low. i've been to a few of their concerts and got a similar feeling from it. i've seen a lot of more well-known artists as well -- people they play on the radio and such -- but somehow the larger venues don't have that same sense of breathless excitement. there's something about being packed into a dark garage with 60 or 70 screaming people that can't be replicated in an arena or a stadium.

i hardly ever have time for shows anymore. sometimes i go see my friends perform at house shows. i also work at a venue that gives concerts. and occasionally one of my friends can talk me into going to see someone big and exciting in seattle.

Role
Private
Perhaps to me, the epitome of all concerts was the Daft Punk tour. Even if it's not your kind of music, you have to admit they put on one hell of a show.

View attachment 321

Other than that, I've see Air, Busy P, Digitalism, Infected Mushroom, Justice, Kraftwerk, M83, MSTRKRFT and The Prodigy all live, amidst a lot of lesser known artists.

Coming up in the beginning of March I'll be seeing Gary Numan live as well. Very excited for that.

Last edited:

Lil Snap

Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Other
I've seen a variety of artists but some of the more notables were my first Metallica concert, when I could feel the concussion from Newstead's bass and Lars' Double Bass drum kit move through me (it moved my shirt!) at the BACK of the floor in the arena, sitting in a 1920's restored theatre listening to Godsmack play songs from The Other Side, acoustic/ unplugged, to sitting 40 feet away from Keb Mo' playing his awesome blues guitar and singing, and Kenny Wayne Shepherd playing for the "home" crowd (he's from here) at one of our local festivals. I do love live music, but I don't go near as often as I used to.

spacemanBEN

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Carer
My favourites that I've seen are as follows: Radiohead, Rolling Stones, Eric Clapton, The Strokes, Sam Roberts/The Stills, John Mayer, Wolfmother, Bruce Cockburn

A few bands I'd really like to see: U2 (duh), Kings of Leon, BRMC, Coldplay, Cold War Kids, Darker My Love, Paul McCartney

RobotRock

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
Concerts are my life. I can't even begin to count how many I've been to. The best performance I've seen was Daft Punk in LA in 2007.

I've attempted to create a list of all the bands I've seen, but it's still not done.
Here's what I have so far
AFI (7 times)
Tiger Army (7 times)
Bauhaus
The Cure (4 times)
65 Days of Static (2 times)
Morrissey (3 times)
12 Step Rebels (2 times)
The Faint (3 times)
Social Distortion
Death By Stereo
Avenged Sevenfold
A Static Lullaby
Coheed and Cambria
Take the Crown
Dear and Departed
Saosin
Tenacious D
F-Minus
Roger Miret and the Disasters
US Roughnecks
Odd Project
Thrice
30 Seconds to Mars
Cobra Starship
Gym Class Heroes
The Fall of Troy (2 times)
Pistolita
Hellogoodbye
Jacks Mannequin
Murs
Horse the band
Sugarcult
Yellowcard
The Bled
Van Stone
The Red Jumpsuit Apparatus
My American Heart
Escape the Fate (2 times)
Drop Dead, Gorgeous
Chris Conley
Big Japan
Cute is What We Aim For
The Street Dogs
Psyclon Nine
The Hangmen
xDEATHSTARx
Korn
Limp Bizkit (2 times)
Papa Roach
Black Sabbath
Moby
Incubus
Lit
Third Eye Blind
No Doubt
Cypress Hill
D12
Eminem
Stone Temple Pilots
Moving Units (2 times)
Darkest Hour (2 times)
Bleeding Through
Dead to Fall
The Acacia Strain
A Life Once Lost
Fight Paris
Zao
Brand New
Kristeen Young (2 times)
Himsa
The Offspring
Gone Without Trace
Tiesto
Red hot chili peppers
The Arcade Fire
Justice (5 times)
Peter Bjorn and John
!!!
Girl Talk
Hot Chip (3 times)
Fields
The Cribs
The Fratellis
Ozomatli
Busy P (4 times)
DJ Mehdi (2 times)
mewithoutYou
Manchester Orchestra
Piebald
The Snake, The Cross, The Crown
SebastiAn (3 times)
Kavinsky (3 times)
Ratatat
Daft Punk
Kanye West (2 times)
DJ Howie Pyro
Blaqk Audio
Chromeo
Steve Aoki
Spank Rock
DJ AM
Young Americans
Skeet Skeet
Mickey Avalon
Flosstradamus
Kid Sister
Amanda Blank
Crystal Castles
Santo Gold
Dirty Nasty
Andre Legacy
The Funeral Party
Har Mar Superstar
Blake Miller
Royal Rumble
So Me
Mink
Bloc Party (2 times)
Satelite Party
Kinky
The Aggrolites
Turbonegro
Comedians of Comedy
Scissors for Lefty
The Deadly Syndrome
The Noisettes
The Pity Party
Bruce Perdew
Franki Chan
Nico Vega (2 times)
The Deadly Syndrome (2 times)
Passage
Minus The Bear (4 times)
Helio Sequence
Grand Archives
Thursday
Portugal, The Man
Circle Takes the Square
Fancy
Diplo
From First to Last
Saves the Day
7 Seconds
MxPx
Goldfinger
The Start
Hawthorne Heights
Chiodos
Hot Water Music
My Chemical Romance
The Bravery
Billy Talent
Anti-Flag
Dear Life
Protest the Hero
Foxy Shazam
Lupe Fiasco
Rihanna
N.E.R.D.
Prince
Holy Fuck
Cut Copy (3 times)
Midnight Juggernauts
Booka Shade
Stars
Death Cab for Cutie
Love and Rockets
Metric
Goldfrapp
Boys Noize
Erol Alkan
Curses!
Orgasmic (2 times)
Surkin (3 times)
Para One (2 times)
Uffie
Simian Mobile Disco (2 times)
The Verve
Aphex Twin
Kraftwerk
Portishead
Perry Farrell
Gogol Bordello (2 times)
Modeselektor
Tegan and Sara
An Horse
IO Echo
Does it Offend You, Yeah?
The Mae Shi
The Bloody Beetroots
DJ Kid Lightning
AC Means
Grand Ole Party
The Mars Volta
We Are Wolves
Datarock
Noah and the Whale
Paparazzi
Don Moy
The Presets
Heartbreak
Deadmau5 (2 times)
Soulwax
2manydjs
Destructo
Daedelus
MSTRKRFT
Congorock
Felix Cartel
The Number 12 Looks Like You
Black Houses
Warship
Attack! Attack!
Black Tide
Burn Halo

I recently became a concert photographer and I've been getting hooked up with so many free shows!
Bands I'd love to see are The Smiths(I can dream), Underworld, Chemical Brothers, Depeche Mode, Radiohead, and New Order.

Pojo

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
Robotrock: Holy freaking crap

I wonder how much money you've spent on all of those put together

Aki

Est. Contributor
Role
Little
My first and (so far) only concert was at the Glasshouse in So. California with my cousin. The headliner was Fall of Troy with Tera Melos, Foxy Shazam and The Dear Hunter opening.

It was pretty amazing. >w< My favorite part had to be Foxy Shazam though. They were the most fun.

Heck yes!

RobotRock

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
Robotrock: Holy freaking crap

I wonder how much money you've spent on all of those put together
Thousands and thousands of dollars! I'm going to Coachella this year, which probably comes out to being about a $500 weekend of some of the most amazing bands and artists. I went last year and Prince, Roger Waters, and Jack Johnson headlined.

My first and (so far) only concert was at the Glasshouse in So. California with my cousin. The headliner was Fall of Troy with Tera Melos, Foxy Shazam and The Dear Hunter opening.

It was pretty amazing. >w< My favorite part had to be Foxy Shazam though. They were the most fun.

Heck yes!
I almost went to that show, but I had to work. I saw them at The Glasshouse when they played in December though. Foxy Shazam is definitely a good time. I caught them at last years Bamboozle Left.

Mysterious

Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Sissy
The only concert I've been to was an Alkaline Trio, Thrice, and Rise Against concert. It was friggin amazing to see Rise Against, really enjoyed them.

Role
Private
Thousands and thousands of dollars! I'm going to Coachella this year, which probably comes out to being about a $500 weekend of some of the most amazing bands and artists. I went last year and Prince, Roger Waters, and Jack Johnson headlined.
I see that you've seen quite a number of electro artists, so I'd recommend seeing The Presets at Coachella. :thumbsup:

Edit: Looks like you've seen them anyway!

RobotRock

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
I see that you've seen quite a number of electro artists, so I'd recommend seeing The Presets at Coachella. :thumbsup:

Edit: Looks like you've seen them anyway!
Haha! I saw them last year when they toured with Cut Copy. They are definitely a must see for me at Coachella. They blew me away!

Status
Not open for further replies.