Concern....

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

baby kiffer

I would not really want to make a big deal out of this, but it is really becoming annoying...

Whenever I need to go eliminate, I REALLY need to go eliminate (urine). It comes as such a strong urge, out of the blue, that I have to sit/stand there and concentrate on not wetting myself.

This happens once, between every period (each period is 1.5 hours long), and I don't see anybody else squirming as much as I do. I must admit that a couple of times, I have leaked a little bit, because I wasn't concentrating (but it was nothing big, at all...about equivalent to the amount that comes from "shaking it off" after using the urinal) on holding it in.

Should I be concerned, or is it normal for people to have such strong urges to urinate after 1.5 hours?

Details:

Breakfast: oatmeal, apple, juice/water (8oz)
Lunch: PBJ, juice (8oz), banana, orange, granola bar

---I normally do not drink any fluids between periods. I only drink at breakfast, at lunch, and after I come home at 3:30 (of course, after running straight to the restroom).

Role
Diaper Lover, Carer, Private
i think you should bring that up with a doctor. it doesn't really seem that natural to me. you should be able to hold it much longer than 1.5 hours. i would like to add more, but thats really all i have to say.

Darkfinn

Banned
Role
Diaper Lover, Incontinent,
I would see a doctor... sounds like symptoms of urge IC...

Role
Private
As other have said, see a doctor.

Anything that isn't a typical urinary cycle and you can't attribute anything to it (like drinking lots of fluids makes you want to pee more frequently - that's ok) should be checked.

BabyKat

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Incontinent, , Private
Ya, sounds a bit like urge incontinence to me too...As everyone else has said, it's best you go to the doctor first....How long has this been happening? Have you checked to see what you'd eaten/drank the couple of days before? What about supper? Spicy foods and other things can sometimes irritate your bladder if you're anything like me. Did you notice it spasming at all? Like, when it did go like that, did it do that? Just some ideas...Maybe try to research it a bit.

EDIT: I checked into it...here is says:"Additionally, it may be helpful to eliminate your intake of foods that may irritate the bladder, such as caffeine, spicy foods, carbonated drinks, and highly acidic foods such as citrus fruits and juices." ( http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/article/001270.htm )

...so maybe the juice didn't help? Check out the link, you may be able to compare your symptoms.

Darkfinn

Banned
Role
Juice and sodas will make you have to go more... that's for sure.

J

Jag

This is not normal. I'd recommend seeing a doctor, like most of the people who posted about this.

ayanna

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Babyfur
My concern is that you don't seem concerned enough to....SEE A DOCTOR!

It's all well and good to come to the forum and say "I have this sudden urge to pee every 1.5 hrs. What do you think?" but seriously I don't think there's a doctor in the bunch (well excepting the Peach...possibly...but even he isn't a doctor of medicine!), so the most you can hope for is a lot of people telling you what a lot of people have already told you...see a doctor.

Water is the best thing you can drink...as someone pointed out fruit juices and soft drinks can result in frequent urination (has something to do with the high sugar content, I believe). Caffiene is another culprit.

But really, the best thing to do is simply see a doctor.

Tigger

Banned
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
I pee that much, it's not really that out of the ordinary. I wouldn't bother with a doctor

BabyKat

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Incontinent, , Private
I pee that much, it's not really that out of the ordinary. I wouldn't bother with a doctor
Maybe you need to see a doctor too. It's always best to find out you wasted your time there, rather than find out much later that there was some reason or other underlying problem...especially if that's the only symptom. It's best never to wait.

chris2fur

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Diaperfur, Little, Incontinent, Other, Private
I would have to say urge to with the urinary frequency. Look here and you will see some questions that you need to tell the doctor to help. Hopefully it's something as light as a UTI that can cause it. That is a simple fix.

And before someone hollers out that i am not a doctor because i'm not, I do offer my help in how you can deal with some of the stuff you'll go thru. I say this because I been thru a LOT with the doctor already. By the way how are you doing now? Did you make an appointment yet?

B

baby kiffer

Hmmm....thank you for the advice, everybody.

I have suspicions that this may be caused by my high intake of citrus foods (I eat at least two oranges everyday, and I usually add a little bit lemon juice to my water a couple of times), but I will bring this up with my parents.

I do have one issue with that, though.

My parents have known about my infantilism for a couple of years, and have allowed me to wear diapers without using them...my concern is that they may think I am exaggerating or lying (I'm not), so that I could be allowed to wear diapers.

They have good reason to believe I may be lying, unfortunately, because I have tried faking bed-wetting in the past, shamefully, to get them to purchase diapers for me:(:(:(...but that was years ago. And quite frankly, wearing diapers during the day to "treat" something like this is LAST thing I want to do. I have a reputation as a respected and honorable person, and I would not want that to be muddled up by something silly like this.

I will approach the topic carefully, but do any of you have suggestions?

Secondly, what do you consider the norm for frequency of urination...every two hours? Three? Four? (assuming you consume the proper 64 oz. of water every day)

Peachy

Banned
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Carer
I will approach the topic carefully, but do any of you have suggestions?

Secondly, what do you consider the norm for frequency of urination...every two hours? Three? Four? (assuming you consume the proper 64 oz. of water every day)
There's not really a normal frequency for urination. I have heard of people who pee twice a day, while I go about every 2-3 hours. Consuming 64 oz. (1.892 liters) of water is actually less than the daily suggested amount of fluids for the average adult, so that's certainly not the problem here.

As for approaching the problem with your parents: I'd say honesty is the best policy. Just make sure you demand to see a doctor, and hopefully the doc will find something, which should show your parents that you were not lying in the first place.

Peachy

Darkfinn

Banned
Role
With "normal" fluid intake... I go every 2 hours or so... but I can typically hold it for a bit after I feel the first need... it's not like an immediate "gotta go" thing.

ayanna

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Babyfur
If you're only drinking 64oz of water/juice per day and nothing else (ie no alcohol, coffee, soft drinks) and you're finding the urge to 'go' every hour or two, you should see a doctor (I think I said that before).

If you are finding yourself thirsty...which leads to drinking more....which leads to more frequent urination...you should DEFINITELY see a doctor as that could be a sign of hyperglycaemia (high blood sugar (diabetes)) or hypoglycaemia (low blood sugar), or any number of other issues (kidney problems, bladder problems, etc).

I would compare you to myself, but you are, I presume a relatively healthy young man (I didn't check your age) while I am a considerably older hypoglycaemic female and the male and female 'plumbing' (as one urologist put it) is considerably different. (Yes, a urologist who calls it 'plumbing'...actually he introduced himself to me...at the hospital...as "Hi, I'm Bruce ****** the local plumber!") However, I do go every couple of hours...and I drink a LOT of liquids...water, soft drinks, juices....in the run of a day. But, then again, I am hypoglycaemic, too.

Anyway, as for talking to your parents about your concerns, that's definitely a step in the right direction! Better to be safe than sorry. Just be upfront with them and tell them why you are concerned. Obviously they're going to take you to the doctor, which is what is necessary at this time to rule out any disorders.

GET THEE TO A PLUMBER!

chris2fur

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Diaperfur, Little, Incontinent, Other, Private
all im gonna say top that aya is
all i'm gunna say to that aya(nna) is LOL

i think the p was a typo

Status
Not open for further replies.