Computer Viruses

Status
Not open for further replies.

scarolina21

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
Ok, I really need some help. I have a virus on my computer, and I don't know how to locate it or delete it. I think it may be a fake virus protection software, but I'm not sure how to delete it. I have a real software that I use, AVG, and I am currently scanning, but I dont think it will find it. What do I do b/c I don't want to have to have my dad help me b/c I dont want him finding some of my personal stuff, like this website.:damnpc::dunno: Please tell me how to locate it and delete it if you can.

cylenrii

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover,
i think my other computer has the exact same one
does it say:you have 40 viruses!. and then have an icon that looks like a sheild with 4 colors?

if so its a virus from russia that is fake antivirus software.
im getting mine fixed tommorow when i see my dad, so he can explain to me how to fix it.
when he tells me ill be sure to inform you how to fix it

Point

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Little
Restart your computer, run a defrag, and scan again. See if that helps it die.

I use avast for my antivirus and it's pretty good. You should also try more than one antivirus.

Mysterious

Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Sissy
I personally use Antivira, haven't really had any problems. You might want to try anti spyware programs like Spybot Search and Destroy. That one can be really helpful. Even if that isn't the problem, it's a good program.

FluffyFluffers

Est. Contributor
Role
Babyfur, Sissy
Try Waiting till your antivirus finishes then ask your question if it is still there.

And if you do not want your dad finding your stuff make an online storage of your sites and files. And delete your files.

Yawnie

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur
Hmmm, never had that problem before. Personally, I use Spyware Doctor to scan my computer, and I never had a virus problem yet. I tried AVG and Spybot S. & D., and a few other programs, but Spyware Doctor is the best for finding and removing viruses IMO.

Last edited:

scarolina21

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
See I have AVG and plus all the stuff you guys are saying are all things I don't know how to do except for a couple. And yes cylenri im pretty sure that is the same one.

andysetra

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Other
Unfortunately with viruses (or virri :p) the only way I've found to guarantee its removal is to format and reinstall (or use the restore discs/partition depending on the make of the system). Even if you AV removes it, you restore to a previous state or whatever, who knows how deep it goes. Antivirus software is primarly designed to prevent a virus infection, and that's how it works best.

Backup all your files (dvd, external hard drive, thumbdrives, whatever) and reinstall. Then make sure your AV is running and up to date and scan ALL your backed up files before copying them back.

I wish I had better advice, but sometimes it's just easier (and quicker) to just backup, pave and start fresh :/

dogboy

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
I have to go with Andysetra on this one. Once they get in, they're hard to get out. You may have to reformat. It's a huge pain. Can you get someone's copy of Norton?

Martin

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Little
Norton is crap, if you're going with paid AV software go with bitdefender. They even have free stuff but that one doesn't actively scan.

babyemo

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover,
i dont even bother with antivirus anymore, to much trouble, just gotta know what is bad stuff and whats ok.

do a google search for your symptoms/ what happened, there are always other peoples ways to getrid of it

Jewbacca

Est. Contributor
Role
Other
The main thing you don't want for a Anti-virus is a widely known one, like norton, although Macafee is generally pretty good. so I'd suggest going for an antivirus like Avast or PC tools. oh yeah, AVG sucks as antivirus software, I'd highly recommend switching to something else for your virus protection.

andysetra

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Other
I use Nod32 (Made by Eset) and I love how well it works. It's not free, but it's priced reasonably. I had one of my copies running on a Duron 700MHz w/386MB ram and it didn't slow down at all! Very lightweight :)

I guess it's all about preference, but anyone who knows anything about computers will tell you to steer clear of Norton! In my opinion it became way too bloated somewhere around the 2002/2003 versions.

Jon

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
I heard recently that the latest norton internet security suite had performed really well, and I've heard from other folks that I work with in the IT world that it's not a system hog like it used to be. I'm interested to try it myself and see if that's really the case.

SnowPrincessSophie

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Little, Incontinent
Try Combofix, please go to this link (http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/combofix/how-to-use-combofix), print out the instructions, and close all running apps. follow them carefully and exactly. also download Hijackthis and save it to your desktop. Install and launch it. Tell it to do a scan and save a logfile and you may copy and paste it on here and I will analyze it for you the best I can. If that does not work, you may use a boot disk here: Ultimate Boot CD - Overview

If you remove it, please download the following should an infection happen again.

Malwarebytes Anti-Malware

SUPERAntiSpyware.com - AntiAdware, AntiSpyware, AntiMalware!

CCleaner - Home

and either of these 4 will do:

avast! - Download antivirus software for spyware and virus protection

Free antivirus - Avira AntiVir

Spyware Doctor with Antivirus - Free Antivirus and Antispyware Download

DriveSentry ? Free Security 2.0 Antivirus and Antispyware

You should be fine after that.

scarolina21

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
Sorry I forgot to post this, but I got rid of the virus finally. I had one of my computer buddys come over and fix it for me.

baby_mike

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Sissy, Other
Norton is crap, if you're going with paid AV software go with bitdefender. They even have free stuff but that one doesn't actively scan.
I agree. The main reason the Norton is crap, is because it is used by so many people. Norton comes pre-installed on most store bought pc's. Most hackers and such are going to make viruses that are going to bypass Norton because many people use it. Same thing goes for McAffe

Status
Not open for further replies.