computer setup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Samaki

Contributor
Role
Just post pictures of your desk and your computer area, I would like to know where I'm talking to you guys from XD... Mine isn't that gr8 but meh XD.

Im working on getting a new monitor and a new case... and I'm moving into another room soon and going to have a nice desk setup hopefully =D. And yes I do realize it's messy -.- XD

Vladimir

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
I just have a laptop and some random stuff like blank CDs, glue and earphones.

mm3

Est. Contributor
Role
Carer, Other
I redid it today -- gonna update later with new pics.

---

---

Samaki

Contributor
Role
mm3 nice setup, and i saw your hand XD, how many monitors do you have?

andysetra

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Other
Nice stuff...my camera is broke so I can't take any pics of my current setup (new, since I moved) but I'm buying my sisters old camera off her, so when I get it I'll take some new pics.

In the mean time here's my old desk setup (yes I realize it was messy :p my new setup is pretty much the same, only messier)...

And my TV setup at my new place (it doesn't show the stuff below the tv.. there's an Onkyo 5/1 receiver, a Zenith DVD Player, A PS2, and a low profile computer running windows media center :D - I've since fixed the black bars on the sides - got me a HDMI to DVI cable)....

Samaki

Contributor
Role
Yeah once I get a summer job... dunno what im going to do though since it's pretty much to late to sign up for any jobs -.-, probably just going to babysit or pressure wash driveways -.-, I'm going to either buy a whole new computer customized, or I'm going to just get new computer parts. Then I'm going to change my computer set up like crazy...

Samaki

Contributor
Role
lol it looks like u have 7 computers and 3 monitors LOL. And yeah my keyboard is on a keyboard tray XD... although I'm thinking about getting rid of it once I get my piano keyboard setup on either a stand or table...

Samaki

Contributor
Role
When/ I finally get my room setup the way I want it, the desk will be over by my window and then I'll have my piano on either its stand or a table, so that it makes a kind of L shaped desk that will create a little space between it and the wall, then I will have my TV like right behind my computer and my bed will be on the wall opposite my tv... kinda complicating I know but I'll take pics of my whole room once we're done, I can't do it now because it's a MESS... maybe if I clean it up.

Alrgiht I cleaned it up as good as you can in 5 minutes so I took some good pics XD.

A look at my room from the doorway.

A look from my closet =0 you rapists!

a look from my computer area.

a look from the side away from my closet XD

a look from my bed

a look at my planet chair, out the window and my music stand for flute, and no I'm not practicing Cats for flutes, thats for piano i just have no where to put it as of now.

Picture of my computer area from my dresser area.

And this is for unmarth XD My keyboard, and that little black thing sitting on the chair, my new clip on mic, its REALLY nice.

and yes I know they are pretty blurry, but they were quick pix XD, might update them l8er.

Last edited:

mm3

Est. Contributor
Role
Carer, Other
For those who are interested -- 9 total working PCs, 17 total non-operational PCs (missing simple pieces... mobos, CPUs, RAM, etc...). 4 laptops, so that's 4 monitors I suppose -- then a CRT for the server, two 17" LCDs, and a 15" LCD. so, 8 monitors.

Peachy

Banned
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Carer
Alrgiht I cleaned it up as good as you can in 5 minutes so I took some good pics XD.
[photography lesson]
You should have used the tripod visible in picture 4, and your camera's flash! All of your pictures are blurred :( [/photography lesson]
By the way: I used to have almost exactly the same shirt as the one lying on your bed :D

Peachy

Samaki

Contributor
Role
Yeah I know, but seeing as that was part of my room i really didn't want to XD although I guess your right, and that shirt was for today, I'm finally FINALLY going to go to youth group and my grandparents asked us for breakfast.

DannyTheNinja

Banned
Role
Private
*slaps mm3 with a large trout for not being the one to start the "Post your Workstation" thread :p*

here we are:

Specs:
Desktop: Nighthawk (a bit old, planning to replace her this summer)
AMD Athlon XP 2500+
1GB RAM
128MB NVidia GeForce FX5200
160GB + 30GB storage
Fedora 9 (primary OS)
Vista Ultimate

Laptop
Lenovo X41 Tablet
Centrino (Pentium M) 1.6GHz
1.5GB RAM
60GB hard disk
Crappy integrated graphics (not bad for 2.5lbs total weight including battery)

Server (the big white one)
2x Pentium III Xeon @ 866MHz
896MB RAM
4x Western Digital 400GB SATA II hard disks w/RAID 5 (comes out to 1.07TB after format to ext3)
Fedora Core 4
Uptime record 216 days, 17 hours

Workbench system (desktop next to Bigmomma)
Dell OptiPlex GX150
933MHz Pentium III
256MB RAM
30GB + 20GB storage
Xubuntu 7.10
Windows 2000 Server
Windows XP Professional

Terminal server "Pelswick" (laptop on the left of Bigmomma, vertical)
HP Pavilion zv5000 (received secondhand from friend, the name should tell it all if you know Nickelodeon)
AMD Athlon 64 3000+
512MB RAM
60GB hard disk
Ubuntu 7.10 64-bit

iPod nano: 1st generation, black, 2GB
iPod touch: 1st generation, 1.1.4, jailbroken, 16GB
Monitors: 19" ViewSonic A90, 17" secondary (no-name brand picked up off the curb and still a great picture)
Speakers: Logitech X-540 (you wouldn't believe the hell I went through to get a working set of these - VIPs can read about it on my non-ADISC blog, PM me for a link)
Router: WRT54GL (running DD-WRT v24) and a Belkin underneath it connected with a crossover cable to give me two more ports

--Danny :ninja:

Samaki

Contributor
Role
Im going to update my room pictures here in a sec hopefully, but just so you know one of them I purposely blurred for a certain reason XD.

Martin

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Little
I'm going to get a new one soon (Wednesday)

Please look around the mess to see the computer related stuff.

My computer I have now:
1.8GHz
512MB SDRAM
40 GB + 320 GB

Computer I'm going to get:
Intel core 2 quad Processor Q6600 2.4 GHz, 8MB L2 Cache, 1066MHz FBS
Nvidea Geforece 8600GS 256 MB DDR2 SDRAM
500 GB HDD
3072 MB DDR2 SDRAM 667 MHz 64 bits

I'll rebuild my old computer to server with some new parts.

I also have a UPS which can handle 2 pretty beefy computers with 3 power cables each.

Nexeon

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
I'm going to get a new one soon (Wednesday)

Please look around the mess to see the computer related stuff.

My computer I have now:
1.8GHz
512MB SDRAM
40 GB + 320 GB

Computer I'm going to get:
Intel core 2 quad Processor Q6600 2.4 GHz, 8MB L2 Cache, 1066MHz FBS
Nvidea Geforece 8600GS 256 MB DDR2 SDRAM
500 GB HDD
3072 MB DDR2 SDRAM 667 MHz 64 bits

I'll rebuild my old computer to server with some new parts.

I also have a UPS which can handle 2 pretty beefy computers with 3 power cables each.
That should be a nice setup. I just rebuilt my system today. It used to be:

2GHz dual core AMD opteron 170
2GB PC-3200 400MHz RAM
Nvidia Geforce 7800GT 256MB
2 x 250GB hard drives
620 Watt power supply

Now as of today after replacing some parts my system is:

3.0GHz 8400 Core 2 DUO, 6MB L2 cache, 1333 MHz FSB
2GB PC2-6400 800MHz RAM
Nvidia Geforce 7800GT 256MB
2 x 250GB hard drives
620 Watt power supply