Tell us about your computer screen: Size and type of monitor

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Malaci

Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Carer
I Still use my trusty ol' CRT but thats I dont have the money to get a flat screen

Silikon

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
Used to have a flatscreen monitor with a 1080x760 resoulution, but it died so now I have a temporary CRT monitor I got for free with an 800x600 resolution.

Spirit

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Other
I have no idea why, I absolutely can not stand anything less than 1280x1028, or the monitor's specified resolution.

If it's a public computer, I change the resolution, if it's a friend's computer, I still change it. (This can get on their nerves a bit. XD)

andysetra

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Other
I have no idea why, I absolutely can not stand anything less than 1280x1028, or the monitor's specified resolution.

If it's a public computer, I change the resolution, if it's a friend's computer, I still change it. (This can get on their nerves a bit. XD)

Same, I can't stand LCD's that aren't running their natives resolution, or CRT's with painfully low resolutions... I have a friend who used to run their 17" CRT and 800x600....would drive me insane. Then there was the college computers with 19" LCD's running at 1024x768 - and *everyone* used to change the resolution when they went on them :rolleyes:

dprdan

Banned
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Incontinent, Carer
17" but then again this is laptop anything bigger and it would need wheels, lol

Martin

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Little
Minor adjustment. I now have a 19" wide screen TFT. :)

skinnypuppy

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
I have two 19-inch TFT LCD screens on my main computer. The left side is dedicated and the right side is on a 4-port KVM switch so that I can work on other computers on my workbench while still having my main windows displayed.

The keyboard and mouse also switch, but they're PS2 connectors and some of the new machines I'm working on have only USB connections (thanks Dell). So I have to keep a second set around for those.

andysetra

Est. Contributor
Role
I have two 19-inch TFT LCD screens on my main computer. The left side is dedicated and the right side is on a 4-port KVM switch so that I can work on other computers on my workbench while still having my main windows displayed.

The keyboard and mouse also switch, but they're PS2 connectors and some of the new machines I'm working on have only USB connections (thanks Dell). So I have to keep a second set around for those.
I have USB KVM kicking around somewhere that I've been meaning to put into service. It's a fairly nice IOGEAR, but someone broke the keyboard USB port out, so when I get off my butt I just need to solder in a new one...

Deltaomega

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
20" CRT

Right now the color depth and clarity it provides can only be surpassed by a LCD screen that costs at least 4 times as more, granted it weighs nearly 60 pounds and takes up my entire desk.

CRT's are a dying breed, LCD's are dirt cheap but the dirt cheap ones generally are made of a design that poorly represents color. I do not remember the various designs off the top of my head but for those who do extensive work in arts / 3d / visual stuff or gaming will see a BIG difference in using a $200 LCD and a $200 CRT.

andysetra

Est. Contributor
Role
20" CRT

Right now the color depth and clarity it provides can only be surpassed by a LCD screen that costs at least 4 times as more, granted it weighs nearly 60 pounds and takes up my entire desk.

CRT's are a dying breed, LCD's are dirt cheap but the dirt cheap ones generally are made of a design that poorly represents color. I do not remember the various designs off the top of my head but for those who do extensive work in arts / 3d / visual stuff or gaming will see a BIG difference in using a $200 LCD and a $200 CRT.
I know what you mean, but you can get LCD's that have a good colour range for fairly cheap now. I have 2 Viewsonic's on my desk. One was a painfully expensive one (with awesome colour reproduction) and the other is a cheapy. When I compare the same photo on both monitors, the different is unbelievable. Shades that flow smoothly on the high end monitor seem to jut back and forth between red and blue hues on the cheap one.

I used to have a 20" Trinitron and I couldn't give the thing away! LCD's are soooo much easier on the eyes. At native resolution they're crisp, have good contrast that doesn't balloon like an aging CRT will...

cpndl

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
... I used to have a 20" Trinitron and I couldn't give the thing away! LCD's are soooo much easier on the eyes. At native resolution they're crisp, have good contrast that doesn't balloon like an aging CRT will...
I loved my Trinitron CRT's when I had them. Alas nothing lasts forever including CRT's. After about 4 years, it seemed each day it took longer and longer to warm up. Finally had to give up on them and get an LCD screen. The cost of repair was almost 50% more then what a new LCD panel cost.

Hex

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Sissy
I have two computers. 17" Flat screen on one and 15" CRT on the other

Hex

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Sissy
20" CRT

That will change soon as all the telly manufacturers are working on better LCDs aswell as the computer companys.

Verscha

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
My laptop has a 12 inch screen. Compactness is one of my major priorities, so yeah. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.