Tell us about your computer screen: Size and type of monitor

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Peachy

Banned
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Carer
I read an acticle in a paper the other day that CRT ("tube") screens are on the verge of extinction because most people buy TFT ("flat") screens these days. The article also said that the screen size is increasing.

So I want to ask you a simple question:

How big is your computer screen?!
Please post the size of the screen you're using most often if you have several computers, and post the size of your biggest screen if you have several.
Also, please indicate whether you're using a CRT ("tube") or a TFT ("flat") screen.
You can choose multiple answers, but please choose only one screen size!

Peachy

Spirit

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Other
17" CRT, 16" viewable space.

CRTs aren't down and out yet because they don't have a response lag and they have more vivid colours, and the blacks are actually black. But as with every CRT, the corners are never perfect.

I want to upgrade to a second CRT in dual display mode (or if my video card will support, three displays including the TV) and then eventually two TFTs, and if there is ever any money for it, a HD TV wouldn't be bad...

Corri

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Incontinent, Carer
I have a 36" LCD Magnavox television as my display. WORSHIP ME!

Corri

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Incontinent, Carer
Mkay, I worship you for having an inferior display resolution. :p

Just kidding. XD
its only inferior because at the current time I am only running VGA to it.
Mark my words husky man, when my 8700 comes in, it will be so beautiful. The gods will weep!

Spirit

Est. Contributor
Role
its only inferior because at the current time I am only running VGA to it.
Mark my words husky man, when my 8700 comes in, it will be so beautiful. The gods will weep!
*wishes he had SLi so he could have two 8800s*

My 8600GT is nearly fine, it runs CoD4 fine but thanks to Crysis' stupid system requirements, it won't run it so well.

Peachy

Banned
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Carer
Remember, kids, it's not the size, it's what you can do with it (you saw that one coming, didn't you? :biggrin:).

Besides, it takes more than a huge-ass TV set to make me worship you!!! :tongueout:

Peachy

kite

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Diaperfur, Carer
i'm in the process of retiring my crt to a nice 22" widescreen (since my tabby took my last one, lol).

Jon

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
I'm currently running a 22inch as my primary at 1680x1050 and a 19 inch 1440x900 as my secondary to the right of the 22.

Tigger

Banned
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
I have a BenQ 17" CRT @ 1024*768 75 Hz (lame by current standards, please don't tease :( lol). It's a few years old and a bit bulky but I'm quite happy with it, and the price was right (got given to me about a year ago for free :D). I haven't any intentions of upgrading in the near future, and if I do it won't be to TFT. I just don't like the picture and colour quality very much.

Spirit

Est. Contributor
Role
I have a BenQ 17" CRT @ 1024*768 75 Hz (lame by current standards, please don't tease :( lol). It's a few years old and a bit bulky but I'm quite happy with it, and the price was right (got given to me about a year ago for free :D). I haven't any intentions of upgrading in the near future, and if I do it won't be to TFT. I just don't like the picture and colour quality very much.
You should be able to run that at [email protected] If not, there is a problem.

My 7 year old CRT can run at 1920x1080 (or full-HD for those who aren't techy). I'm not kidding...

Jon

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
Yeah, but you sacrifice clarity. On a CRT, Lower resolutions=bigger things on screen and still clear. Many of the older people I do work for are running their monitors on lower resolutions to make it easier to read. Just a thought.

Tigger

Banned
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
You should be able to run that at [email protected] If not, there is a problem.

My 7 year old CRT can run at 1920x1080 (or full-HD for those who aren't techy). I'm not kidding...
Yeah, it definitely can handle that, I've tried before. **switches to it** Hmmmm. It's a bit hard on my eyes, I had enough trouble seeing it at low res lol. I'm gonna give it a try at this res for a while though, it's nice to fit more stuff on the screen even if I do have to squint a bit more :laugh:

Dash

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
:worshippy:.... oh... wait a minute....

37" Toshiba 37WLT68.

i win - mwahahaha! =P

[ps - where's my :p smiley gone?] :sad:

Darkfinn

Banned
Role
Diaper Lover, Incontinent,
Let's see...

my 'net surfing lappy has a 12" widescreen style LCD... it's pretty small but very light and portable... and easy on the battery.

my desktop is currently hooked up to a 17" CRT that is on it's last leg... though hopefully after this weekend it will instead be hooked up to my 32" widescreen HDTV.

my gf's lappy is a typical 15" screen...

chevre

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
I use several computers with about equal regularity, so I just posted the biggest/most impressive one :p.

That machine has an IBM T220:

The IBM T220 and T221 are LCD monitors with a native resolution of 3840×2400 pixels (WQUXGA) on a screen with a diagonal of 22.2 inch (564 mm). This works out as over 9.2 million pixels, with pixel density of 204 pixels per inch (80 dpcm, 0.1245 mm pixel pitch), much higher than ordinary computer monitors (which typically have about 100 pixels per inch) and approaching the resolution of print media. The display family was nicknamed "Big Bertha" in some trade journals.

It's in a graphics lab, so no I didn't buy it and no I'm not crazy :p.

Jon

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
I use several computers with about equal regularity, so I just posted the biggest/most impressive one :p.

That machine has an IBM T220:

It's in a graphics lab, so no I didn't buy it and no I'm not crazy :p.

DO WANT. :p

Spirit

Est. Contributor
Role
Yeah, but you sacrifice clarity. On a CRT, Lower resolutions=bigger things on screen and still clear. Many of the older people I do work for are running their monitors on lower resolutions to make it easier to read. Just a thought.
You can run at higher resolutions but increase the DPI.

andysetra

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Other
On my desktop I've got a 20" Viewsonic widescreen LCD as the main monitor (1680x1050) and a 19" Viewsonic LCD as the secondary (1280x1024)...

Both my my laptops are 1024x768 though (12" and 14") :(

I plan to buy a 42" LCD TV soon (1080p goodness :D), my old CRT tv is starting to annoy me (picture is going, remote stopped working, and no universal I can find will turn that infernal clock off! Damn you JVC!)
EDIT: this is what I mean:

Status
Not open for further replies.