COMPUTER HELP...Please...VIRUS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spirit

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Other
I've done it before and no harm was done. It is probably best to do both, just be careful with the boot-time scan though.

Also, I should note; the ONLY things you should download in terms of anti-virus protection are the following:

Spybot Search & Destroy
Avast! Antivitus
Windows Defender

And that's it really. Do NOT download AVG as the LinkScanner utility puts extremely high and unnecessary load on websites, in some cases multiple users with AVG have bought large websites down. This is exactly the same behavior that rogue applications produce, and it should not be tolerated.

One more important thing: If you have absolutely any doubts about what you see on a "free antivirus" website, DO NOT DOWNLOAD IT!

Dash

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
download avg free edition version 8 and spybot search and destroy to help get rid of virus' and spyware.
I second that :smile:

Not failed me yet... unlike Norton anti-bloomin-virus...

*throws an invisible symantec box out the window, as he can't throw the real one since he already did that 2 years ago*

Although, it's been said that there are 2 different "Spybot" programs, so the best one is here!

Lone_Wolf

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
The Best Thing that i can say is back everything on a disc or a external HDD then reprogram ur comp or use a boot disk

DotDotDot

Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
I use AVG, Spybot and Ad aware. Combined with weekly backups via norton ghost I rarely have problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.