COMPUTER HELP...Please...VIRUS

Status
Not open for further replies.

baby_mike

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Sissy, Other
I was downloading stuff and avast poped up and said a trojon was found before I could hit move to chest I got hit with an e-bomb. Then I tired to run avast scan it would not load. I won't boot from a cd now. I got it into safe mode runing good at the moment. Got avast to run while in safe mode but i don't know if it will find it. What do I do...HELP SOMEONE PLESE (btw i'm on a back-up pc

Now it won't move anything to the chest. I click repair. Hope it works...WHT CAN I DO.

Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Diaperfur
download avg free edition version 8 and spybot search and destroy to help get rid of virus' and spyware.

baby_mike

Est. Contributor
Role
download avg free edition version 8 and spybot search and destroy to help get rid of virus' and spyware.
It won't let me install anything on it..And it install a program on its own cal Antivirus XP 2008...MY computer is so DOOMED:damnpc:

isaactheman

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
If you can't do anything about it take it to the neasrest Best Buy or Circut City....their Geek Squad will sweep and clean it for you for a little more then a hundred bucks....rather that or buy a new computer? :twocents:

ayanna

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Babyfur
If you don't want to spend $100...just reformat your C: drive...yeah you'll lose anything on that drive, but it's better than tossing out a pc (or $100)...with the price of harddrives these days...it'd probably be cheaper to buy a new harddrive than to get someone else to clean it for you. LOLz

Reformatting is easy, I've done it myself (more than once)! Of course, ONLY DO THIS IF YOU HAVE THE WINDOWS CD or a RESTORE CD from the manufacturer.

mm3

Est. Contributor
Role
Carer, Other
Clean it yourself! If you got a Windows CD, do what ayanna said and reformat and reinstall Windows. You computer is most certainly *not* doomed ;).

ayanna

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Babyfur
I dunno why...but when I read your post, mm3...all I could think of was the Ents in LotR..."Doom dooom dooooom harooooooom"
hehehe

Corri

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Incontinent, Carer
If you can't do anything about it take it to the neasrest Best Buy or Circut City....their Geek Squad will sweep and clean it for you for a little more then a hundred bucks....rather that or buy a new computer? :twocents:
Dont go anywhere near Geek Squad or Firedog for your computer... EVER.
Run a boot time scan with Avast.. it be my plan.

Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Carer, Other
Lol, I can provide a download link to the auto-pilot program geek squad uses, they're rip offs.

mm3

Est. Contributor
Role
Carer, Other
Dont go anywhere near Geek Squad or Firedog for your computer... EVER.
They both suck. They're nothing but amateur retards who don't know the difference between SATA and their ass. I'm serious! I came home after a weekend away to see my grandfather have called geek squad because he couldn't call me on my phone. What happened? He couldn't get to his email. They sat there for 4 hours trying to figure out the problem, which was because his computer wasn't connected to the WiFi in the house. They don't know jack! They tore the whole computer apart and was going to charge him $500 for the "repairs", but I fixed it in 30 seconds so they left without a nickle!

Dorks.

diapermefast

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Sissy
It won't let me install anything on it..And it install a program on its own cal Antivirus XP 2008...MY computer is so DOOMED:damnpc:
In the last week i know of 2 CUSTOMERS that my company look after that have experienced the Antivirus XP 2008 problem, if you use google you can find alot of articles on how to temove it maunally. In both cases we dealt with it was quicker and easier to just re-ghost the machines than fart around.

baby_mike

Est. Contributor
Role
My computer has now been fixed. I had to reinstall windows because the virus started deleting system files. It got to were it would not boot all of the way, and it would not boot from a cd. So I played a little trick on it, I un-hooked my main HD, that got it to boot a cd, hooked back up the main HD. Then the windows 2000 CD would not format my HD so I had unhook the HD again then I use a linux cd to format the HD. After that I put window 2000 one the computer cause thats all I have.

Role
Diaper Lover
SMITFRAUD.

SMITFRAUD will rape fake Antiviruses. I realize that you "fixed" your computer, but you killed your own hard drive, so that means the hack-tard won. :(

Same thing probably would have happened to me, the only thing that might have worked would have been safe mode as soon as you got virused.

baby_mike

Est. Contributor
Role
yeah, but the thing that gave the virus time to lauch was the e bomb i got hit with. As soon as that hit I pulled the pulg on the computer and booted in safe mode but it was already to late. I'm just happy its working now.:)

Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Diaperfur
If you don't want to spend $100...just reformat your C: drive...yeah you'll lose anything on that drive, but it's better than tossing out a pc (or $100)...with the price of harddrives these days...it'd probably be cheaper to buy a new harddrive than to get someone else to clean it for you. LOLz

Reformatting is easy, I've done it myself (more than once)! Of course, ONLY DO THIS IF YOU HAVE THE WINDOWS CD or a RESTORE CD from the manufacturer.
its called backing up files before you reformat your computer.

Spirit

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Other
Hokay! Here's what you do.

1. Start avast!
2. Click 'Menu' then click 'Schedule Boot time scan'
3. Follow the prompts and restart
4. Avast will boot before Windows does, DO NOT SKIP THE SCAN!
5. When prompted, select "Delete All"
6. You should be good to go.

Also, follow this guide, do exactly what it says otherwise you might not remove everything, and viruses can still function or reproduce themselves with part of the code left.

As a general rule, it is very rarely necessary to format your hard drive, this is just the easy way out (and the stupid way out if you ask me).

Also, do you mind telling us what "stuff" you were downloading?

Darkfinn

Banned
Role
Diaper Lover, Incontinent,
One of the guys at work here got hit with that not long ago... took the tech dept 2 days to clean it up.

recovery

Est. Contributor
Role
Other
5. When prompted, select "Delete All"
If I did that everytime, It'll do more harm than good. "do you want to delete kernel32.dll?" "do you want to delete lognon.exe?" your best bet is to replace them from a machine from an identical setup. Which is what saved me when I was pratting about with XP patches that saved me.

But really, if it does infect important files, you only real option is to re-install it. So you can try if you want. But look over the list if there is anything you want to save first.

Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
i got that virus, check ur user profiles bet there is another one there who has taken over Admin, i had to format C drive.

Status
Not open for further replies.