Votes: 2 8.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pojo

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
I don't really have a preference...I have a HP, and a Gateway...

chevre

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
I don't buy PCs pre-built, I buy the components and put them together :p. There should be an options for that.

Anyway, my laptop is a Gateway, so I guess you could say that.

Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Carer, Other
What is your fav. brand of computers

'brand-name' computers suck.

You can get something twice as good for half the price(even if it's assembled for you) by getting it made part by part.

Dream

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, , Carer
I choice Acer, because right now I'm using a Acer Laptop with Vista on it.

baby_mike

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Sissy, Other
'brand-name' computers suck.

You can get something twice as good for half the price(even if it's assembled for you) by getting it made part by part.
I never buy "new" computers. I buy theme used, rebuild them and either keep them or resell them.

Spiro910

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur
I make my own computers by buying the parts from distributors (Like Ingram Micro) that import parts & sell, this makes really powerful, custom & cheap computers...

But if I had to choose a fav brand, regardless of if I can afford anything from it, I'll choose Voodoo for (codename) Omen.

kevintje

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
my own computer is just mixed parts I put togerther, but at work I work a load with HP, at first I hated it, but you have to use it a while to appreciate I think :s

quattrus

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Diaperfur, Carer
As for desktop computers, I prefer to assemble them myself on my specifical needs (i.e. my workstation), or with used parts I get for free (for office computers where high performance is not substantial).

I'm not very prepared on laptop computers, but i have an HP Pavilion and a retailer I worked with told me that HP is one of the best brands for reliability and assistance. I voted Toshiba too, because it's another high-performance brand.

Kip

Banned
Role
Diaper Lover
I don't really have a preference. Both my laptop and desktop are Dell. My family has owned an IBM and a Comp U Ad in the past.

Samaki

Contributor
Role
I would say dell since it's the only brand of computer I've ever really worked with, but I would much rather put together a computer than by a pre-built brand name computer...

recovery

Est. Contributor
Role
Other
Hmm... I will take this from a laptop perspective, as they are mostly bought as whole units with a brand name. I picked Toshiba, as I have a few Toshiba Portegé laptops, And they rock! 11" weight less than 2KG. Can't get better than that?

Also, IBM Lenevos, They are of a great build. I don't personally own one (wishing too though!) but I have used many other peoples laptops.

As for desktops... Well normally I go for AMD processors, always have done, But I am likely to swtich to the Core Duo whatever for my next machine. With an ATI graphics card... I normally get ATI, but recently I am using my first nVidia. Its done well so far, But I miss my ATI :p.

As for motherboards... Anything will do, as long as its upto my required spec and doesn't have a VIA chipset. Seriously, how are VIA still in business? I never had bad troubles from them. And maybe for my next purchase, try and get as many PCIe slots. Not all for graphic cards. But I might want to add some speedy Stuff in there. Like a 10GbEth Card when it comes around ;-) or some SATA3 raid controller.

Ram, erm... some generic brand name. Never go for the cheapst stuff... Guranteed to be dogey or dead stuff. Powersupply, again, not the cheapest but a brand name generic brandname for a decent price. Not pickey really.

mm3

Est. Contributor
Role
Carer, Other
I guess I'll go down in order.

Laptops:
1.) Apple
2.) Dell / HP (tied)
3.) Toshiba

Desktops:
1.) Dell / HP (tied)
2.) Apple
3.) IBM

I absolutely hate Gateway as a company, and their machines are usually made of dirt. I don't really like VAIOs either, not because they're a bad company (Sony), but because from my experiences their internals are not very reliable, namely their RAM and Hard Drives.

Role
Diaper Lover
As far as desktops go, I buy components individually and build it myself. For laptops I go with Apple.

paddedhawk

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
I Have a Gateway i don't know what possessed me to buy it though. i could have gone with a dell and probably saved some money. I Built my desktop though, and i have to say i would do it again, its nice to know whats in it and how it works, easier to fix if anything goes wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.