Computer Addiction.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Carer, Other
Well, given I could either watch TV mindlessly for hours....or I could be on the computer playing games and browsing the Internet, obviously I'm going to choose the latter.

Besides I have no real interest for outside activities...and the fact that there is nothing to do here besides the movies, but I can watch those online.

Calling someone addicted to a computer is different from each perspective. If you're the more outdoors kind of person, spending a lot of time in front of the computer is not normal to you as you're used to other sources of entertainment. But if you're one of the 'nerds' or been around computers all your life, being in front of a computer is what comes to you as entertainment, which is how I am.

For the most part the latter in my previous statement can't really be called a addiction as there is real no physical dependency other then to kill boredom, where as if you can't go more then 3 hours without your computer, you have a problem.

So when you say computer addiction a lot of times it comes from the outside looking in from a perspective that is not in their view of normality.

James

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur
Im not really addicted as I see places like facebook as completely useless to me. And I do try to get out and play almost every day. So no im not addicted. My post count and status as a Lurker proves my point. Although being demoted to lurker is kind of annoying. How many posts do I need in order to move up?

You only get demoted to lurker when you don't post once for a week

dogboy

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
I'm somewhat addicted, really just to this site. While my wife spends her 4 hours 3 days a week on dialysis, I'm often on this site trying to catch up. I too make my living, or part of it, working on computers. Then I go home, check e-mail, go on adisc, etc. I also have an xbox. When not on computer and at home, though, I like to fire up the stereo, and I am a t.v. junkie. I also do music and play in a band, so that gets me out.

Nexeon

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
I'm probably an addict, but I'm nothing compared to the addict my roomate is. He pays roughly $180 a month for internet, two 25Mbps connections connected together for 50Mbps. If he's home and not sleeping then he's on his computer. I don't know how he can stand that, considering he works with computers all day at work. I try to get him to get out of the house and do something occasionally, but never can, unless it involves buying/fixing computers, etc.

I guess he only pays about $155 for the internet because I pay $25 of it. I only pay $25 of it because thats a little more than half of the price of an internet connection I'd be willing to share with a normal person and he downloads atleast 95% of all of our monthly internet bandwidth. I pay a little more than half of a normal internet connection because it is nice having 50Mbps sometimes, but its just a little over kill.

Boogeyman

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, , Carer
I'm a total and complete compaholic. Reason: World of Warcraft.And you guys :)

Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Carer, Other
I'm a total and complete compaholic. Reason: World of Warcraft.And you guys :)

I've just got to say this, sorry it's off-topic.

WHY does everyone have to relate computer addiction with WoW...FFS this is why I don't tell a lot of people that I play, they always freak out. It's like I'm telling them that I'm snorting freaking coke or doing LSD...!

recovery

Est. Contributor
Role
Other
WHY does everyone have to relate computer addiction with WoW...FFS this is why I don't tell a lot of people that I play, they always freak out. It's like I'm telling them that I'm snorting freaking coke or doing LSD...!
I got a couple of form friends who play WoW and I jokingly say that they are an addict when playing with WoW.

I guess its like saying all DLs and Pedos. Its only the extreme cases we see in the paper that make us think that DLs are pedos.

But I have no real right to complain, as I can easily out number them on hours I spend a week on a computer. However, I have kept my main desktop up in the loft (until today) for two months to spend less time to do revision.

It was annoying to start off with. But I had other things to worry about, that of upcoming exams. And there has been other numerous ocasions where I have been without a computer for a week or two. Really means I don't waste so much time.

But this summer, I expect to gain what I have lacked over the 2 months and be on my computer for much longer. If I can escape some days from working with my dad.

melancollie

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Sissy,
i am a video game addict. i have beaten any game out there, love games. if you saw my room, holy shit. mountain dew cans everywhere and a 32'' screen. But i recently got into downhill mountain biking and i haven't been on the comp as much

Kip

Banned
Role
Diaper Lover
I don't know if I am an addict, but I spend a good portion of my free time online. I enjoy other activities, swimming, rifle shooting, rock climbing, camping, etc, but since I don't drive, I don't get to do any of those things very often. I used to have a friend that worked with me(I got him the job), but we are no longer friends since about a month ago. I enjoy watching TV and playing video games, so when I am not on the computer, it's a good bet I'm doing one of those things also.

Samaki

Contributor
Role
I say that I spend way to much time on the computer, I tel myself I do, but theres absolutely nothing to do around here besides go to the ymca, but then I have to ride the 15 minutes up there then back on my bike because I don't have a car yet...

I would probably be a more outdoor person, but this kid that lives a couple of houses down from me is the only kid that I like in like my whole intire neighborhood, I hang out with the more weirdo type of group, I don't consider them weirdos but they are def the people who aren't in the popular preppy groups, in fact most of us dislike those types of people because they all try to act the same and make fun of us for no reason even though we know we are better than them XD... The only bad part about hanging out with them is that most of them live in the not as big houses area of town, and all the preps live in the big houses area of town which is where I live -.-... so I pretty much have nothing to do 24/7

Status
Not open for further replies.