Coming Soon? Pampers Baby-Dry Size 8

Lewis Badger said:
I don't think businesses generally cater for the 99th percentile.
If there’s enough of a trend to warrant it, a business will try to squeeze more money out customers where it can. Offering bigger diapers or a wider range of sizes to cover more kids, it means more profit.

Lewis Badger said:
I mostly disagree with this, if an older child are not developmentally stunted, I don't think he or she would like to have the same prints as baby diapers, and even for those that are and don't mind or might even prefer it, I own some size 8 diapers, and can see them being practical diapers for kids past the age of four or so.

Sorry, but it seems like you didn't read my comment properly, as if what you said is reversed. I'm not mad or anything. Just making sure we understand each other correctly. :)
I'm referring to kids who DO HAVE developmental disabilities.

But don't our minds automatically go to "if only they had these when I was a kid" or "there's a whole bunch of kids who will always be in diapers..."

There is some evidence showing that a size 7 diaper today is about the same size as a size 4 was in the past. It may be less that diapers are getting bigger and more that the sizes were condensed somehow. In other words a kid who would have worn a size 4 years ago now would need a 6 because size 4s are that much smaller

12srepaid said:
Sorry, but it seems like you didn't read my comment properly, as if what you said is reversed. I'm not mad or anything. Just making sure we understand each other correctly. :)
I'm referring to kids who DO HAVE developmental disabilities.

I was referring to the other groups in your comment, the disabled or those who have cancer, those children are unlikely to like baby prints, and the second half of my comment was around the diaper not being very practical than children much past age 4, even if they were developmentally stunted.

It's a shame they like playing not only sizing games, but they also mess around with pricing, or sometimes not even necessarily price, but the # of diapers in the pack (if it was 18 in a Jumbo pack in 2016, that might get reduced to 16 in 2018 and remain at the same price, so they are still in a way charging more money.

I would almost bet money that a 2013 Pampers Cruisers Size 6 is significantly bigger than a 2018 Pampers Cruisers Size 6, not only that but it seems like there is less padding coverage and overall the diapers seem quite a bit less absorbent than before as well.

I bet these Size 8s probably don't compare favorably to 2013 Size 6s, classic "shrinkflation" make people think they are getting a better or bigger product and charge them more for it, or otherwise just charge them the same amount for less; either way they will make more money, even if they just start charging a higher price just because they can.

BabyTyrant said:
It's a shame they like playing not only sizing games, but they also mess around with pricing, or sometimes not even necessarily price, but the # of diapers in the pack (if it was 18 in a Jumbo pack in 2016, that might get reduced to 16 in 2018 and remain at the same price, so they are still in a way charging more money.

I would almost bet money that a 2013 Pampers Cruisers Size 6 is significantly bigger than a 2018 Pampers Cruisers Size 6, not only that but it seems like there is less padding coverage and overall the diapers seem quite a bit less absorbent than before as well.

I bet these Size 8s probably don't compare favorably to 2013 Size 6s, classic "shrinkflation" make people think they are getting a better or bigger product and charge them more for it, or otherwise just charge them the same amount for less; either way they will make more money, even if they just start charging a higher price just because they can.
I feel like I need to test that theory. I know a few local places that have some older Pampers in stock. I’ll have to grab a pack next time I’m around there and see.

Reactions: Lewis Badger
PaddedBrony said:
I feel like I need to test that theory. I know a few local places that have some older Pampers in stock. I’ll have to grab a pack next time I’m around there and see.

please report back! I'd like to know if this is the case as well, I'd be a bit surprised if they haven't gotten bigger because I think babies have and it seems that babies are generally potty trained later these days.

Lewis Badger said:
please report back! I'd like to know if this is the case as well, I'd be a bit surprised if they haven't gotten bigger because I think babies have and it seems that babies are generally potty trained later these days.
For scientific purposes, I grabbed a few different generation Cruisers from my collection (I will post my findings with similar Baby Dry, as well as if I stumble across more generations of either). They are all size 6. The first set of pics and dimensions are from the Dry Max era, circa 2010. The second are from the last generation featuring Sesame Street characters, circa 2015. The last are from the most recent batch, featuring generic designs, circa 2017/18. Note, there is already a packaging change on the way, as well as possible performance changes. Forgot to grab a pic of them in the store.

Unfortunately, the files are too big to display here, so they’re in a Imgur library, linked here.
As you can see, there hasn’t been a lot of dimensional variation in the Cruisers. I’ll be interested in seeing how the Baby Dry are.

Reactions: Lewis Badger, pampers4U and babybobby
Speaking not as an ABDL--but solely as a part-time (increasingly full-time) guardian to two kids under 6yr old...This size 8 thing is LONG overdue.

I've never been particularly concerned/interested in anything aside from that side of the proverbial diaper aisle, as--truthfully--I've never really had any sort of a need for them. But...for the past year, some family stuff has occurred that's forced me to see firsthand how awful pretty much every brand of pull-ups are for kids overnight.

We'd actually had decent luck with Easy-ups for the longest time, but they're now sitting collecting dust out in a shed. Hate them.

The day size 8 happens will be VERY welcomed, around here. (as long as they can hold up to a 4 year old overnight).

Reactions: 12srepaid
12srepaid said:
I kinda wished they used a boy photo for the package instead, giving the thought that boys are more likely to need diapers longer.
- Good move to curb young female embarassment!!

HappyNappin said:
Now out on sale!

I think the girl they chose for the packaging is pretty much perfect to illustrate the intended age range to parents,
Being obviously beyond the toddler stage and being clothed makes the girl on the packaging of the size 8 really stand out from the others on the supermarket shelves, making it seem like a more grown up product.

View attachment 31385

To be honest I'm really surprised they didn't use a model with a visible disability like downs or rett syndrome, but then the idea that a normal little girl with her fair skin, long blonde hair and blue eyes, would need nappies after her 4th birthday might shock a few people and spur on complaints.
- Daily Mail can't go on a pedo-baiting-packaging rant as the model is wearing a shirt. So glad it's not the early nineties and that's an angle in the world of nappies that'll make no more fuss.

Reactions: OfficialPastelPoppet
does size 8 differ from width 7? or only in length?

6’s, 7’s, and 8’s are all the same size.

WOW, there making diapers for much older teens. Now they can continue to wear diapers until maybe 17. No wonder some of the places I have read on the internet that teachers are getting upset because their students are coming to school still in diapers

EagleBoy said:
WOW, there making diapers for much older teens. Now they can continue to wear diapers until maybe 17. No wonder some of the places I have read on the internet that teachers are getting upset because their students are coming to school still in diapers
??????????

The range between size 7 and xs/s adult diapers is severely lacking when compared to every other size. The only other size range that is worse off is XL/XXL. but IMO that makes way more sense seeing as how no one is "expected" to reach those sizes. Meanwhile size 7-xs/s adults EVERYONE touches at-least once in their life, showing just how messed up it is the options are so lacking.

Baby diaper companies purposly make Size 6,7, and 8 capped more towards toddler/young kid age ranges, and really only provide a different fit for those targets. Like someone who is 12-14 could technically wear them, but their weight bracket is on the really low percentile and would be equivalent anyways to the lower age range they designed them around.

The mid ranges of baby diaper sizes do the same thing, its why you see overlapping in weight ranges. They are just there to provide a different fit for the same targeted age range.

If the sizes actually made sense size 8 would have been a adult XS-S range. There is more than length that matters, they barely touch the width on them.

If you don't believe me I made a gigantic chart comparing weight ranges to diaper ranges for pampers. (Personally I think its bogus they don't show intended waist range, you can weight the same as someone else but still have different body proportions.)

Attachments

• Pampers_growth_size_chart.png
    Pampers_growth_size_chart.png
    778.5 KB · Views: 85
These are the dimensions of the Pampers baby Dry size 8:
Length: 58.5 cm (23 inches)
Width: 23 cm (9.1 inches)
Ideal hip size: 58 cm-66.5 cm (22.8 inches-26.2 inches)
Maximum hip circumference (with pre-stretching of side-cuffs): 96 cm (37.8 inches)
Suction strength: 350ml-590ml (11.8 us fl oz - 20 us fl oz)

Below is a table that makes clear to what age the Pampers size 8 can be worn:
This table was made when Pampers size 8 could handle a maximum hip size of 96.5 cm, now it's only 96 cm.
0kxosve

Some manufacturers use very flexible materials in the side cuffs. Some diapers thus offer an enormous elasticity, even beyond the recommended range.
Minimal scope - Recommended scope (red):
A diaper is limited due to the size in their usability. A size 6 diaper will not normally fit a 12 month old baby. The minimum amount indicates when a diaper can be used. At this circumference, the cuffs are stretched only slightly, so that the diaper just barely fits.

Up to the recommended hip size, the diaper fits perfectly. She is not too tight and does not pinch.The margin between minimum and recommended scope is the optimal range of use.
Maximum scope (blue):
To the maximum extent, the fit gets worse and worse. At the maximum extent, the diaper can barely be closed. The cuffs then only withstand the loads for a short time. This value shows how stretchy the cuffs are and that a diaper can be used in larger sizes if necessary.
Whether the diaper still fits well with larger sizes is also heavily dependent on the stature of the child.The maximum hip size of diapers is just a guide. Individual factors additionally influence the fit. These include especially the height and leg circumference.

The source of this data is bestewindel.com, a german website.

Come on Pampers keep on making them in bigger and wider sizes some of us adult babies would like to wear Pampers again and make them with same great smell when you open up a fresh diaper too

EagleBoy said:
Come on Pampers keep on making them in bigger and wider sizes some of us adult babies would like to wear Pampers again and make them with same great smell when you open up a fresh diaper too
As if they’d do that! Even though P&G’s marketing team’s gone insane in recent years, I seriously doubt even they would acknowledge us.

Last edited:
I currently wear Pampers Cruisers 7, but would welcome a little bit larger size 8. My current supply of Cruisers is going quickly. I am disappointed any new ones will be void of any characters. I'mm glad we splurged a few years ago on a case of them from BJ's.IMGP0365sm.jpg20200213_121653sm.jpg

Reactions: neophyte
Back