Coming Out?

DiaperLuver06

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
Did you come out to anyone about something of this caliber?
If you did. Was it hard?
Did it take a lot of mental preparation?

I have never come out to people in real life about my AB/DL or CD and have no plans to do so.

As it happens, these are the only two things that I wouldn't want someone else to know about.

Why are you considering it?

It's something that will get you rejected, hated, bullied, and avoided by 99.99% of the world. And once you come out, there's no hiding it again. 30 years from now, you go on a job interview. Your resume is flawless and you're known for being tops in your field. then the company does a google search on your name, sees some 30 year old post about your diaper fetish, and very understandably says "F#&K NO, I'm not hiring that freak!" and moves on to the next applicant.

The farther you are from normal and average, the more it benefits you to keep your differences personal. Society as a whole has little tolerance for people who are outside of the collective idea of normal, even if most people secretly are different, privately.

So the take away here is a leson you were probably taught around age 3. Your underwear is no one's business, so don't go showing it to people.

• Wow
Reactions: DiaperLuver06
I never admitted my love of diapers and wetting to anyone, but since becoming incontinent I have had to confess to family and a few close friends. I was really worried about telling them I now need to wear 24/7 but everyone has been really great about it and very supportive

Reactions: pokemonjesuzzz111111, DiaperLuver06, ChocChip and 2 others
Suzie65 said:
I never admitted my love of diapers and wetting to anyone, but since becoming incontinent I have had to confess to family and a few close friends. I was really worried about telling them I now need to wear 24/7 but everyone has been really great about it and very supportive
All my close friends and family know I am incontinent and wear nappies. No one has a problem with it.

Reactions: DiaperLuver06 and Suzie65
Nobody...other than the people on here and on FetLife...knows. I'd love to have a partner who either understands - or preferably enjoys - diaper love.

Did you come out to anyone about something of this caliber? Yes
If you did. Was it hard? Yes, and it was a train wreck as I just started babbling on and on making it worse.
Did it take a lot of mental preparation? 10 months

My wife deserved to know about my little (pun intended) secret and lifestyle, it was not going away so I had to open up because wearing and using diapers is an unusual thing to be doing and your spouse or partner should be aware of what is going on. It's a very sad and difficult discussion because once you tell that person your relationship and life may never be the same; unless you're one of the few lucky bastards who's partner says "oh thats all just a diaper? I'll help you put one on sweetie" o_O

My friends and family do not need to know that I wear diapers for enjoyment.

This is one of the few interesting unanswered topics where so many ABDLs share this need or desire to come-out and express themselves to those around them. A part of my wants people to know that I am a diaper boy!

Having cerebral palsy and a wheelchair user, I had to come out because I was around people all the time. I tried to hide my stash, but it created anxiety, BIG TIME, I don't need that. Everybody knows now, and nobody cares. It's a lifestyle I want to live. So far, I have great support, hope you find the same

Reactions: BobbiSueEllen, RedPandaDL, neophyte and 2 others
came out to my gf as a wearer. For pragmatic reasons...not because i want her to participate in my fetish. She participates more than I could ever wish for, however. Snapping me in a onesie is more than I ever dreamed of, and kissing me there right after. She cuddles me all night when I'm wearing, just like before. It's a dream come true. Coming out to anyone else? hell no. Why? It's a well-hidden secret that i hope never is found out by roommates, family...anyone.

Reactions: DiaperLuver06, BobbiSueEllen and RedPandaDL
I recently came out to my partner of 4 years. I am a little, so he wasn’t surprised as I have lots of little gear all ready. He took all my little gear one step at a time. First with stuffed animals/blankets, then started with the 360 sippy cups, and moved to ones with a soft spout, then pacis. Each incorporation was accepted by him, maybe not understood right away, but accepted.

Technically I’ve known about liking diapers from a very young age, but explored it about 2 years ago, so I would say it took 2 years of mental preparation on both our parts. It was first explained over a long text (as that’s the easiest way to communicate for me) and then talked about. For me it’s a kink, and it’s not for using for intended purposes. It also helps that I prefer pull up style so they look more underwear like. I think that helped to lessen the blow. There was a difficult conversation the next day, as I am naturally insecure in our relationship due to past experiences, but in the end he appreciated that I trusted him enough to be honest and he’s willing to try. We came to good compromises because it is important he’s not turned off (sexually) but I can also get what I need. My little side doesn’t turn him on, and his sexual needs are just as important as mine. So I think we came to a good middle ground where both of us are satisfied.

It’s still embarrassing for me to show to anyone, even my partner who knows me better than anyone else, but at the end of the day I’m glad that I was open and honest. I am very grateful for having such an understanding partner who’s willing to work with me and at least explore with me. I don’t plan on ever coming out to anyone else, as there’s really no need and only potential negative effects.

Reactions: pokemonjesuzzz111111, DiaperLuver06, Furrytum and 1 other person
I believe that there is a difference between coming out about being incontinent and coming out about being an AB or DL. I’m incontinent and have come out to family, a few close friends and people involved in my medical care. Everyone has been understanding and supportive. However, I suspect that the situation might be very different for someone who is not medically incontinent.

Reactions: DiaperLuver06, RedPandaDL and Suzie65
Inconinmiss said:
I believe that there is a difference between coming out about being incontinent and coming out about being an AB or DL. I’m incontinent and have come out to family, a few close friends and people involved in my medical care. Everyone has been understanding and supportive. However, I suspect that the situation might be very different for someone who is not medically incontinent.

I agree.

Although I keep most of my medical conditions to myself, I do not keep it ALL to myself but with ABDL, I can't think of a situation I would be in in the near future where I would "come out" to being ABDL.

I have told two people that I would like to wear diapers. My wife and a close friend. Because of some past issues talking with them wasn’t as hard as I imagined, but it was nerve racking! My wife’s reaction wasn’t what I thought. I told her I’d like to try them and see what it’s like. I told her about where the desire cake from and how I’ve thought about it over the past number of years. As of now she’s supportive and can see why I’ve had the thoughts and urges. This is a big step closer to me getting some and trying them out.

When I told my friend he was also very supportive, and although he wouldn’t want to make it a lifestyle, he also has wondered what it’s like and even agreed to try them out when I finally try them. (I agreed to get samples for the both of us)

Again I was scared, but I’m happy I told them, my feelings of doubt and shame have lessened significantly and I’m almost ready to purchase a pack and give it a go.

Reactions: BobbiSueEllen and Suzie65
Back