• Please go to your preferences page and make sure your "See Mature Topics" setting is set. Setting it to "Yes" means you see the Mature Topics forum (contains political and religious debates). Setting it to "No" means you do not see those threads.

Colours in posts...

Do you find colours hard to read on the forums?

• Yes, and I'm on the default theme

Votes: 7 20.6%
  • Yes, and I'm on the dark theme

Votes: 2 5.9%
  • Nope, and I use the default theme

Votes: 12 35.3%
  • Nope, and I use the dark theme

Votes: 7 20.6%
  • None of the above, I came here cause andy promise me cinnamon buns :(

Votes: 6 17.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

andysetra

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Other
So, first off, I know this thread is very self-centered. This is me admitting that...get over it :p

Anyway, I've always posted in the dark red colour since the site changed to ADISC, but lately I've been trying a lighter colour to make it easier to read. I guess I can't really be a good judge of it because stuff I can read others can't, and vice versa. It seems if I make it look good on the dark theme, it's hard to read on the default theme :/

So what is ADISC's opinion on text colours? I probably won't get rid of the colour, or I would feel naked :eek: but it'd be nice to see what everyone else thinks of it...

chevre

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
My eyes are bad and colors with low contrast against the background are hard to read. The color you have now is fine, but some other people sometimes post in other colors, like light blue. These posts I just don't bother trying to read.

I say be safe and stick to the default colors.

dinorider

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
The lighter color is definitely easier to read. At least on dark_vb. Good switch, andy.

Generally I don't like custom text colors. They make reading harder, but as long as only a few people use them they aren't really a problem. It is when every post has a different color that it's gets annoying.

Ace

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
I don't have much problem reading the colors and I use the dark theme, it's easier on my eyes and it looks cool. The only thing that's a minor issue is that there are a very few instances where the color of text is black, and that makes it somewhat difficult.

As for your red andy, its not a problem at all. Personally I would seem very strange if you went with a different color.

Maverick

Est. Contributor
Role
Other
No problems for me, and I use the default theme. I think colors can be a very personal thing, so it's cool we have some members that use different font colors in their posts.

Lil Snap

Contributor
Role
Cinnamon Buns?? where?? mmmm, cinnamon.

the colors don't bother me, they're my friends

Pojo

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
I don't care...As long as people don't write in colors that are illegible to the normal human eye...I prefer to use the default, black though...I'm too lazy otherwise

andysetra

Est. Contributor
Role
I don't care...As long as people don't write in colors that are illegible to the normal human eye...
So no posting in rorange or light blurple... gotcha.

mizzycub

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur
A little. I am using the dark theme but I have found with either theme that non standard colours are hard to read. To much contrast and they seem to blur, to little and although they aren't blurred I have difficultly spotting the shapes. Still, while it is more difficult for me to read colours, it isn't that much. I can still read the posts, just takes a little more effort to get through them. If I wasn't willing to put the effort in, why would I be here?

Kovy

is back, baby!
Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Little, Carer
I really don't care much.

Martin

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Little
I don't have a problem with it.

I used to post like this even, but I quit I think when the dark theme came, or maybe after the site crashed.

Footed P.J.

Banned
Role
Diaper Lover
I'm not sure if I should be offended or not. I've been using the same colour for years. No one's ever complained...at least not to me.
Actually, I kind of forgot about you. No probs from my vantagepoint.

Too bad purple is the mod color
OK, so....mods are OK, the rest of us are just tacky?

Last edited by a moderator:
X

xdeadx

I've always used green. Except actually one time I started using blue for some reason. Forgot why. But yea, I always use green.

Status
Not open for further replies.