Collecting!

UzgruzzSteelchoppa

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
Do any of you guys and gals collect anything non-abdl related? My favorite things to collect are camoflauge and gas masks.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

World Coins

Silver coins, DBS cards, and to a degree Games (in a way good quality Nintendo DS/3DS games are collectible, especially special editions) and toys (I have some just because of really low clearance price).

I used to be into Yu-Gi-Oh cards early on (before they started their trend of re-releasing the crap out of all the rare and valuable cards, which makes them all worthless after 2 or 3 years)

Fossils, board games, books (that counts as a collection, right?)

I got a good buddy who goes through phases of collecting random items, and every time he has to keep the top of the line items, whatever they may be. Spin tops with expensive stones in them, playing cards, Zippo lighters. I always just buy one item of his out of his collection. Never thought I’d spend $100 on a spinning top but here we are!

I’d have to say Zippo lighters are mine, but I don’t buy a bunch. I carry one on me everywhere. Whenever a significant change happens in my life, I buy a new one and retire the old one. I’m hoping when I’m old I can look through my whole collection, hold a lighter, and reminesce about that time period, whether good or bad.

I collect Rubik's Cubes, as odd as it may sound.

I collect toys and plush animals. Some new, some old.

My most interesting, and favorites, are the 'oddballs', things are aren't quite put together right. Like my plush lynx I recently bought. I picked him at random from the container at the store and when I got home I discovered that he had two tails. One in the regular spot and the other in the spot where his tags were supposed to be sewn in. LOL I promptly exclaimed that he was even more special and must have been very clever to get past the quality control people.

Or random old toys that no one even knows where they came from/who made them. I have a set of space explorers with all of their equipment/vehicles that were made by a now-defunct company and a roly-poly plastic cat who has no makers mark on him but is super cheerful anyway. XD

I also have a weak spot for 'old timey' toys, like tin toys or wooden toys. I only ever get 'reproductions' because I actually intend to play with them.

ScottySquish said:
Fossils, board games, books (that counts as a collection, right?)
Heck yeah! I love books.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I currently collect world currency and shot glasses. I might start collecting other things once I'm out of college, but for now, two is enough.

I collected U. S. coins as stamps as a kid. More recently I collected U. S. proof sets. My wife and I collected the Royal Copenhagen Christmas plates for quite a few years.

My mom collected everything, for 30 years now she spends $500 a month on storage units full of crap that will go to the dump when she dies. I avoid the hoarder impulse, if you haven't used it in a year or two you don't need it. I do not clutter my home with shelves full of crap that needs to be dusted or my yard with pointless decorations. Be not a slave to your possessions!

Well, there are people that "collect" a bunch of Junk, those are called hoarders; if you have ever watched the show "Hoarders" there are probably only 2 or 3 that ever collected anything worth any money, I have watched more than a few episodes and most of their houses not only look really bad, they are also usually giant health hazards as well; I have seen 1 episode where the "hoarder" actually had valuable stuff, every other episode it has been mountains of worthless junk.

OTOH if you collect the right things it's not a waste of money, some things seem to hold value well and actually go up in value, anybody that kept the first few sets of Magic The Gathering long enough could later sell those cards for 1000s even 10000s of dollars.

It's not "being a slave to your possessions" its finding a hobby you can enjoy doing that hopefully is something that holds value long term so you can either sell those things later (something you collect when you are young could become a sort of "retirement fund" or something like that later in life) or pass those things on to kids/grandkids/whatever.

Regular collecting doesn't equal hoarding. I get told constantly that I'm 'a hoarder', no, rather I'm not.

Hoarders can't let go of ANYTHING. That piece of torn up paper? No. They need it. And if you take it from them they'll have a mental breakdown. :p

I'm going through the stuff in the other room and getting rid of a bunch of stuff. Clothes that don't fit/I don't wear, stuff I started wanting to collect and didn't/lost interest in. The toys I have usually end up being given to kids in the family. I used to want to donate the stuff to the big Christmas toy drives, then they got super-nitpicky about what they would and wouldn't take. "If it's not new in a box we don't want it." Well, damn, man. I used to be ecstatic if someone gave me a horse/pony toy, whether it had a box or not. As long as it wasn't broken to bits and was usable.

I collect all kinds of video games (provided I have the right system for them), both modern & retro games. I have Game Boy, GB Advance, DS, 3DS, N64, PS 1, 2, & 3, Game Cube, Wii, Wii u, and Switch games. I'd like to get Atari games, but I have to wait until my dad dies (or I get the money to move out) to put my stuff anywhere in the house.

I also collect cards including Pokemon, YuGiOh, and Magic The Gathering. YGO just keeps reprinting older cards, so that collection has no value. Older Pokemon cards can get really expensive, $30 for a vintage pack, about $400 for an unopened booster box. Some packs are very rare and can go up to $100 each. For Magic, I'm not that big of a fan.

I swear my grandma is a hoarder, but anytime anybody in my family even suggests it she vehemently denies it (even though her house is piled up with clothes, magazines, and who knows what else that does nothing except sit there and the piles get higher and higher), apparently she MAY have old American coins somewhere in that house, but no guarantees and even though I love most of my family my Grandma is not right and she considers herself a Christian but does NOTHING that a good Christian would do, she doesn't even help family unless it monetarily benefits her.

As for collectible cards, I would probably be into Yu-gi-oh still, if not for the reprints, that is literally the worst thing a card manufacturer can do to collectors and makes things good for players *if old cards remain relevant*, if the old cards dont remain relevant it literally does nothing for collectors and nothing for tournament players (those currently tournament useless cards would only be good for casual players at unofficial get togethers), I honestly think it's only about putting more money in the greedy card makers pockets.

If they make 5 million per original set, and its 3 original sets in those consolidated sets (15 million for those 3 original sets, plus sales of the consolidated sets, even at 10% makes potentially $1million + of additional sales), I mean how much money do they have to make anyways?

Idk if these are realistic numbers, but I know they used to have a huge fan base and also at one time had the tournament with the highest amount of players in attendance .

As for MTG I never got into it, and wish my older brother that was once into it kept his cards from early on, that would have been some $.

I like DBS TCG cards because I have been into the anime since I first watched runs of early episodes in English way back when (Toonami and later Adult Swim), DBZ/DBS has a huge amount of fans, and the game seems to be getting pretty big and they make the cards in multiple languages in many countries now (though Japan/English markets like The United States are further ahead that other language areas), and one set is pretty limited and the rarer cards have been going up in price pretty steady; and I think I will probably keep going so long as they don't do what Yu-gi-oh does, if reprints come along I'm gonna sell what I have before value crumbles to nothing, I feel like there are many ways to play without certain higher value higher rarity/limited release cards that many players may not be able to buy.

I collect anything and everything to do with StarTrek books, models, costumes, bottles, glasses, comic books... It started back in '66 so as you might guess it's EXTENSIVE.

I collect "toothpick" holders aka shot glassss. But not just any. It has to be from somewhere, and it has to be cool looking.

I collect shot glasses from every where I've been. I've got several dozen on display, and my collection keeps growing.

I collect dead Trading Card Games and trading cards in general.

Old gaming and computer systems (pre-xbox 360/Playstation 3 era). So far between my brothers and I we have Sega Dreamcasts, Playstation 2, Sega Genesis (With 32x addon), Atari 2600, NES, and N64.

I also have a ridiculous amount of knex and I intend upon making it bigger.

Back