Collecting vintage diapers

Straycatz

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
Does anyone on here collect vintage diapers, either baby or adult? I have a few old plastic-backed adult disposables that are probably at least 20 years old. I really love to wear them but am kind of afraid to use them for their intended purpose, because I know I will never get any like them anymore. Anyone else have that dilemma?

Reactions: Dashsanta
I feel you. I have some as well but in the end their “intended purpose” is to give me joy so I will use them when the mood is right.

Reactions: sissybaby34 and Straycatz
Vintage diaper collector here, too! Pampers Size 6 from 1999 are my favorite diapers in my collection -- and they're worth $30-$50/each now -- So I try to save them for birthdays/holidays/etc as a special treat! I might use one a year at the current rate -- want to have enough for the rest of my biological life to enjoy.

I might have dreams of being able to go back in time, or find a storage container with a pallet of these diapers and being able to wear them every day. Heaven!

Reactions: theancientmariner, Subtlerustle and Straycatz
I like to buy vintage diapers at thrift stores whenever they show up. I am torn between saving them and using them, as diapers can only be used once. Then again, I may consider selling some. For now, I just leave them sealed up as intended.

Pampers Phases Girls 1993 Walker size 3 shrink.jpg

• Love
Reactions: Diaperedonthedownlow, Vintage84, theancientmariner and 7 others
I guess it would be fair to say that I collect vintage Curity cloth diapers (the "Day/Night" prefolds, specifically), although I also use them regularly--almost daily. It's fun to pad my larger diapers with the very same kind of diaper I wore when I was little. Collecting vintage disposables is something I'm sure I'd enjoy doing, but I just don't have room for diapers I can't/would't wear.

Reactions: Straycatz
Cottontail said:
I guess it would be fair to say that I collect vintage Curity cloth diapers (the "Day/Night" prefolds, specifically), although I also use them regularly--almost daily. It's fun to pad my larger diapers with the very same kind of diaper I wore when I was little. Collecting vintage disposables is something I'm sure I'd enjoy doing, but I just don't have room for diapers I can't/would't wear.
collecting vintage cloth makes a lot of sense. You get to continually re-use them instead of one and done. Some of the prices that the vintage disposables are going for are out of this world!

Aquasailor said:
I like to buy vintage diapers at thrift stores whenever they show up. I am torn between saving them and using them, as diapers can only be used once. Then again, I may consider selling some. For now, I just leave them sealed up as intended.

View attachment 99487
Are you still interested in selling some phases walker 3

Reactions: Subtlerustle
Straycatz said:
Does anyone on here collect vintage diapers, either baby or adult? I have a few old plastic-backed adult disposables that are probably at least 20 years old. I really love to wear them but am kind of afraid to use them for their intended purpose, because I know I will never get any like them anymore. Anyone else have that dilemma?
I love to collect

Attachments

• 20240122_143503.jpg
    20240122_143503.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 90
  • 20240122_143449.jpg
    20240122_143449.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 89
  • Wow
Reactions: theancientmariner, Dashsanta, Straycatz and 2 others
I have accumulated quite a lot of vintage baby and adult diapers. It’s really a hobby of mine searching the different marketplaces and thrift stores as I travel.
From time to time I do sell them on eBay but I’m torn as I want them all to myself as well. The presumed market value for some of them is so extreme that I really can’t just use them whenever I feel like it.

bugguy6970 said:
I have accumulated quite a lot of vintage baby and adult diapers. It’s really a hobby of mine searching the different marketplaces and thrift stores as I travel.
From time to time I do sell them on eBay but I’m torn as I want them all to myself as well. The presumed market value for some of them is so extreme that I really can’t just use them whenever I feel like it.
I looked at prices on ebay and I have to say that I was shocked at the prices. I wonder if some of them sell for those prices, however.

I find and buy vintage diapers with the intent of having them as keepsake items but I always wind up wearing and using them.

Reactions: stinkape and Subtlerustle
I have a handful of some vintage diapers. I have a few 1981 Pampers and were still all white , 87 Pampers with baby Muppets on them,..miss that nice crinkly plastic on them. I also have 3 mid 80s Attends which are insanely huge and gotta be the crinkliest diapers ever made.. They are like huge 80s babydiapers. I will sometimes put one on and just wear it for a little bit and then take it off to save it...I just love to feel the huge bulky soft hugging feeling . Oh how I wish I could still get diapers like those nowadays. Some ABDL diapers come close as far as bulky ad crinkly. Those Rearz Princess ones come close...In general though most diapers ,especially baby ones are not the same at all now. As far as collecting, its hard because you need a lot of time to scour thrift stores and yard sales to find anything really interesting. Sure you can get vintage ones on Ebay and Etsy but they are insanely priced for just one! Plus a lot of flippers out there know Vintage diapers are sought after in the ABDL scenes. So you have to sort of beat them to it finding vintage diapers at yard sales ,flea markets or thrift stores.

Reactions: Otterbox
MikeDJ said:
Sure you can get vintage ones on Ebay and Etsy but they are insanely priced for just one!
eBay and Etsy did a huge deal of effort to combat price gouging 4 years ago. It seems they partially lifted the restrictions allowing certain articles to circulate across their Webstores.

Yup, I do. I collect all sorts of different diapers and pull ups from my childhood up through now. To be honest, I do use them, as that’s part of the enjoyment to me. It’s like owning a classic car: you get more out of it to use it rather than just letting it sit there. Also could be that I’ve amassed enough that it doesn’t bother me to use stuff, but I say enjoy it while you have it!
IMG_8656.pngIMG_8657.pngIMG_8658.png

• Wow
  • Love
Reactions: Goodnites11, CortexDragon, bigtoddler96 and 3 others
I don't know if I'd call my self a collector
but do have some vintage diapers from my childhood era
20240125_090455.jpg

• Love
Reactions: littledreamers333, totalbreakdown1, babybobby and 4 others
SparkyDog said:
I don't know if I'd call my self a collector
but do have some vintage diapers from my childhood era
View attachment 128669
Ah man... those pinstripe Luvs would look good as an ABDL diaper.

Reactions: SparkyDog
Have looked at older and vintage designs but have not personally bought any myself due to cost.

I have tons of vintage pampers and luvs. I really do need to post pictures at some point.

Hmm, question for the people collecting! Are you collecting vintage diapers because they are a memory to your past? Or is it more of a collectors item where you try to collect them all?

Last edited:
Hiawatha said:
Hmm, question for the people collecting! Are you collecting vintage diapers because they are a memory to your past? Or is it more of a collectors item where you try to collect them all?
For me it's a memory
Vintage diapers are insanely expensive
so mine were literally just left overs in a box at my parents home
So I keep them along with some baby clothes & other items for the memories

some vintage diapers are like 500 for a sealed package
I just can't justify paying that kind of $

Reactions: BabylinoAddict and Hiawatha
Back