collecting swords

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

schoolboy21

i was wondering if anybody here liked to collect swords i think its fun and cool

Pojo

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
I don't collect swords...But I would like to get a sword someday...I am a packrat though...And I have a good deal of cows <3

doubledbbw

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
I don't collect swords either but I do collect die cast fire trucks. I have a very large collection of them. Mostly Code 3 Collectibles 1/64 scale and Corgi1/50 scale. I also have a few from Franklin Mint 1/32 scale.

Dream

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, , Carer
I want to get my hands on a sword, but anways I collect knifes, dragons and eagles.

PuddleFopsKit

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Diaperfur, Little, Incontinent
Yep, I collect swords. And knives.. as well as other things that can be swung, thrown, flailed or flung..

I also collect coins and some types of Hot-Wheels.

Last edited:
Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Sissy
My dad got me 3 real swords one time when I was about 7. >_> Yeah. My mom said they were too dangerous.

I do collect coins, though.

JoshATL

Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Sissy
I have one sword that my Mom bought me when we went to medevel times. Its awesome!

Takashi

Always willing to give help to those who seek it.
Est. Contributor
Role
Carer
I've been wanting to start a collection for a whille now but a lack of money has stopped my quest. At the moment all I have is a pair of metal num chuks.

Kip

Banned
Role
Diaper Lover
I collect coins, knives and Ferrari stuff. Mostly I actually use the knives I collect. I have a Ka-bar folder that I carry a lot. I also have a double-edged boot knife that I use as a letter opener. And then I have a Smith and Wesson knife that I bought at a gun show. Oh, and my official Boy Scout pocket knife that was given to me by my parents the night I earned the Arrow of Light(Cub Scouting highest honor).

ayanna

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Babyfur
Nope, I don't collect swords, although my mum had two (I think one of my brothers has them now.). I collect picture postcards, porcelain dolls, 1/12 scale miniatures (dollhouse stuff), and, of course, PLUSHIES...mostly bunnies although lately I've acquired a few more teddy bears. I also have a small collection of beanie babies which grows from time-to-time, basically whenever I see one I don't have at a second-hand shop or flea market for 50cents - 2 dollars (depending on the size) :-D

crash632

Banned
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
Swords? I haven't got any, but I do intend to own a Sephiroth Masamune replica someday...

I do collect LEGO sets though - indiana jones, star wars, batman...

CiviChriSi

Contributor
Role
Adult Baby
I have some. I have a replica from Braveheart and one from The Lord of The Rings.
This one to be exact: The Noble Collection Products

I also have two small medieval swords, and i want to get a Katana sword =P

I collect anything related to medieval history though, its my favorite part of history

Delta

Contributor
Role
Private
I collect human hearts. Oh you weren't supposed to know that.
I used to collect loads of stuff but I suppose I got tired of all the junk.

I really would like a sword. I saw a programme on tv recently and was facinated by the whole thing.

Target

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur
I collect: I have 3 katana, 2 Wakizashi and 2 tanto

Gingy

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Sissy
My friend has 2 kunai. But I have none... There is this beast japonese katana that I want though.

the0silent0alchemist

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
i was wondering if anybody here liked to collect swords i think its fun and cool
you just had to ask... :D its one thing i plan to do definately... in particular various eastern style swords/ polarms and fantasy based swords mostly LOTR and anime (bleach/rurouni kenshin anyone :D)

currenly i have.. a 40 inch black painted bokken (wooden practice sword) wih a wrapped handle and a twirling dragon engraven in it,
also have a silver sheath/handle sword most of the motifs suggest its chinese but the actual style of the bleade and shape of the handle suggest its medieval european, its a short sword, the whole thing goes to my elow from the nuckle of the index finger, and the blade is short, and thinnish, the guard is slightly curving upwards prompting me to at times wield it reversed simler to a sai, alowing to use the pommel more, the sword is blunt and is made of stainless steel, i think...
lastly i have a small displayish katana miniture and somewhat dodgy, brass coloured with the sheath embossed to look like its bound and ends in a sort of fish tail shape same for the pommel. blade stainless steel, and blunt,

also im highly interested in a number of weapons arts, the nunchuks not included, theyre small unpredictable, potenially fast but just not my thing,
plan o get a Bo staff, mostly for my karate/ okinawan koudo lessons, (other weapons of that class including the sickles/kama, the sai, tonfa staff, three section staff, and the famous nunchuks to name a few

but swords are my passion however i fnd it hard to decide whether i prefer european style fencing or katana fighting,

in the inner city near central staton is a shop called lawrence ordinence, they MOSTLY speciallise in antique rifles (ww1/2) and associated items but have a perticularly good medieval/ancient weapons selection ncluding a delicious stock of katana (including a ninjato/nnja sword) they are supplied by hanwei and CAS and, i have personally handled and close-up inspected some of the katana they are sharp VERY sharp, they are all madde of high quality, forged and dfferentially tempered steel althugh only certain items are made using the folding of steel, butthey are all strong, and i have held them and they are top quality.. the catch... price, the lowest priced KATANA (actual long sword) will set you back a full A$360 the wakizashi is A$300, and these are also compromised on materials, ie the handle is made more fr actual use as it contains an impact rsin and the handle wrapping is made of more modern materals and is simpl in decorum, a simple circular solid black guard and black wooden sheath.
the one im aiming for is a sword called the golden oriel ABSOLUTELY beautiful, a rich blue sheath and handle wrapping and apparently the blade is constructed so it is lghter than lesser models, and what is more appealngto me is the tsuka or handle it is made to be a couple of inches longer, maybe more, and moch better suits my build the guard is openwork showing a grasshopper followed y a mantis folle by a bird 'the golden oriele' only problem... the price, it costs a whopping $A1160, and naturally upon mention of its price automatically draws disdain from my siblings, considering 1160 waay too much for something as functionless as a sword...regardless of qualty.

other notable weapns include some STUNNING looking rapiers, a chinese dao, butterflyknives (not the balisong kind) as well as a set of ornate japanese arrowheads, ne of which was, including the long ang, 30cm long (nearly a whle foot long) and the had was at least an inch and a half wide at the widest point. along wih things like ure run of the mill medieval hand and a half, two handed medeval swords as well as a few dress swords used by our army)

also the markets about 2 blocks from lawrence ordinene has at least 3 vendors selling various swords, (recently i spied hadhafang, the sword of arwen from LOTR) such as the bokken i bought, ALSO the silver short sword i bought (i got it from somewhere else, the bokken was from the markets) ve seen a pair of kama, sai, several dfferent looking katana (alll 'el cheapo' ) and a chinese jian

... oh and while theyre not for sale, did i mention they had two navel cannons in the shop as well as a pair of those poles with the necessary mplements for the loading firng sequence of those sorts of cannon

E

Error404

I collect pole-arms myself, and am amazingly proficient with them.

Despite it being a very feminine style, I am amazing in the style of Naginata-do, using a Naginata (Or Nagamaki, I'm not fussed.).

I currently own an English halberd replica, a Bo staff, a home made spear and an assortment of swords, knives, fantasy knives and other dangerous toys. I one day hope to get my very own hand forged naginata, but, if any of you are pole-arm enthusiasts like me...You'll know how hard it is to get a finally crafted pole-arm...

Status
Not open for further replies.