Colitis / Crohns / IBD / Celiac / Other

Status
Not open for further replies.

nplasticpants

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
I am just wondering how many adisc users have either colitis, Crohns, Irritable Bowel Disorder (IBD), Celiac or other gastro-instestinal disorder.

What drew me into this site was "diaper talk / incontinence." I have Crohns.

I tiolet between 6-10 times a day. I get frequent diarrhea. And, I also wear a diaper.

Previous threads on Colitis / Crohns / IBD / Celiac / Other are closed.

Shukkume

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Carer
I have endometriosis near my colon, which has similar symptoms to IBD, and my stomach is extremely sensitive to wheat, cooked meat, and dairy.

Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
I have IBS (Congenitive - runs in the family)
I am not in diapers for it - although diapers have bailed me out of trouble before. I have a couple of relatives that are diapered for it. But fortunately my case is somewhat more mild than what some other folks in the family have to live with. Of course symptoms seem to worsen with age so who knows where it might go?

Damon Gant

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Private
I don't know if this is relevant but you people with IBS/lactose intolerance/Chrons and the such might wanna try looking into a yoghurt drink called Kefir, apparently it's meant to be great for most of these things.

Z

Zeit

Crohn's patient for the past 6 years with varying symptoms depending on how long my last endoscopy was and what I've been eating/drinking.

I managed to go about 2 years without any major problems up until April when, I deduce, stress from school and my living situation blew out of proportion and have sent me into a more sensitive period (don't want to call it a flare-up just yet)

I'm hoping that things will clear up now that I'm taking it easy but my last endoscopy really messed up the works. I'm not sure why doctors would suggest an oral purgative to a Crohn's patient. I haven't felt pain like that in years.

In any case, here's hoping mine and everyone else's conditions clear up :)

D

Deleted member 10903

crohns runs in my family my dad has it i could have it i hope not

Rene

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
  3. Other
i believe colitis and crohns both run in my famo. my grandmother had her colon removed just recently.

Eclectic

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Little
  2. Incontinent
I have had IBS-D since I was a little kid. Too many accidents and full diapers to remember. A couple of years ago, I had my first colonoscopy, which confirmed it. I stay away from fried greasy foods and that helps some. However, oftentimes I get a sudden attack out of the blue. "Normally" I have 2 to 3 BM's a day. On an IBS day, which happens about once or twice a week, and it's 5 to 8 BM's a day. During a bad episode, I go into a fetal position afterwards and become really cold (for a reasons having to do with my nervous system). Due to my bedwetting and severely overactive bladder, I've been wearing diapers 24/7 since 2004 and before that wearing occasionally (mostly at night) for as long as I can remember. I've tried many yogurt concoctions, meds and other remedies to no avail. Both my grandfathers had colon cancer (one died from it and the other had his colon removed).

johnyABinAUS

Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
I have had IBS since I was a kid, but I did not even know a name for it then some 50 years ago. I just watch what I eat now and it is alot better.

PuerAeternus

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Carer
I have got Crohn's disease since about 3 years ago. It started really bad for like 1 year and a half: I went to the toilet like 10 times a day, I lost weight, had frequent accidents, I was exhausted due to the anaemia coming from the malabsorption,... I was feeling down, upset to see no improvement despite all the medecines. One fine day I decided I was fed up with those embarrassing endoscopies and to spend a lot of money for nothing, so I stopped going to see my gastroenterologist. Things didn't go worse. Then it has been on and off. But recently things are much better. I even gained a little weight, Yay! I'm not crazy, of course if things start to go wrong again I will go back to see my doctor.

My guesses are that stress/tiredness from too much work were linked to the level of the crisis because I got much better when I went easy with work AND since I am less stressed. Medecine and food diet didn't help at all, even if, apparently I would be allergic to a lot of food, referring to a blood test. Some food makes it worse thought (raw veggies, fa(s)t food,...). The diet and frequent appointment with my doctor only helped to increase my stress level.

Now I'm glad it's remission time, and I try to enjoy it since I know another crisis might come soon. I'm not following any diet, I eat anything I want (knowing I will be sick if I eat stuffs that aren't easy to digest but I don't care)

As Zeit, I'm wishing everyone's condition get better.

BTW, I want to thank those here who gave me a little support while needed.

Huxley

Banned
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
I was diagnosed with IBS when I was 11. My symptoms varied from extreme cramping until I finally had diarrhea, to more mild discomfort on some days. Fortunately, it totally went away on its own by the time I was about 17 or so.

Status
Not open for further replies.