Status
Not open for further replies.

Peachy

Banned
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Carer
Whenever I go to a business meeting, visit (older) friends or family or maybe go to some café, the age-old question comes up: Coffee or tea, the two hot drinks most commonly offered at such events.

What do you prefer?

Are you a die-hard coffee expert who spends half of their money at Starbucks, placing funky orders such as "I want a decaf Brazilian Americano from an elevation of exactly 3,597 feet (not 3,400!), dried on straw and roasted in Texas, with 2 1/2 cubes of sugar and milk from north Swedish brown cows".

Or are you a tea drinker and own as much tea as I do:
tea.jpg

(couldn't resist the "Buy one get one free"-offer of that one store I went to in the Netherlands...and that's on top of the fact that tea'S about 30% cheaper in the Netherlands in the first place).

Peachy

ajsco

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Private
I drink neither, though I still do spent most my money in starbucks :D

Role
  1. Private
As a beverage, tea for sure, although I drink coffee more regularly. Tea comes in a huge variety of flavours and styles and sitting in a tea bar just feels more... eloquent than sitting in a café.

As a flavour for desserts or sweets, nothing can beat out the aroma of the coffee bean, not even the likes of chocolate or strawberry!

*awaits avery's judgement on using the term coffee instead of espresso*

B

Butterfly Mage

I've *got* to have coffee in the morning. But I'll usually drink herbal tea in the afternoon. Sometimes I'll go with Earl Grey tea (thanks to that being Captain Jean-Luc Picard's favorite drink).

Mesmerale

Banned
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Babyfur
  3. Sissy
I dun like either of them..

Coffee is too... coffee..
And tea is too... tea..

(Which I suppose means I simply don't like the tastes.)

dinorider

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Coffee all the way. Black. Very black.

I can however enjoy some tea now and then. I like the taste of Rhoibos tea. Earl Grey just tastes pretty awful in my opinion.

Role
  1. Private
I'll happily drink either, depending on their availability and my goal.

When I drink coffee, though, I vastly prefer an espresso with steamed and foamed milk (cappuccino) or with milk that is steamed (er ... latte?). Or if I'm out and am paying $4 anyway, I'll get a miel (latte with honey in it).

I have a stovetop espresso maker that I picked up quite recently - it was $15 and makes a rather good cup of espresso. The only downside of it compared to my machine is that I cannot steam/froth milk. But with clean-up made as simple as it is, I'm willing to make that compromise most of the time at home.

I'll drink either ... though I am more aware and choosy about my tea.

Scratchpaws

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
Tea is too bitter to my taste, so I usually prefer coffee. Unless you include herbal tea; that stuff is pretty damn good too.

Squigma

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Babyfur
Tea is too bitter to my taste, so I usually prefer coffee. Unless you include herbal tea; that stuff is pretty damn good too.

But coffee is more bitter than tea!

I personally can't stand coffee... I used to be in love with it, having some ever.y morning. Then I stopped drinking some for a while, and when I started again it tasted awful.

So now I just stick with tea. But I'm pretty fussy about it; I don't know what it is, but sometimes it tastes crap. And other times it tastes great. I guess it's probably the quality of the tea.

In case anyone's wondering, my favourite tea is probably earl grey. :D

Charlie

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
  4. Carer
  5. Other
Tea!
Black with two sugars specifically.
Tetley's, or PG tips. And Earl Grey.

Never really drank coffee. Had a taste and didn't like it. Plus I don't want to be a caffeine addict. :p

Fire2box

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
Well I only drink Chai, I don't like coffee since it's pretty bitter and the same can be applied for regular tea. Hench why I can only really drink chai tea lattees.

Nothing like stuff watered down with milk and sugar.

Pojo

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Private
Soda. Although there are tea's I do like, such as sweet tea, Nestea/Brisk, and some Starbucks teas

Jaiden

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Private
I love tea and am sceptical about whether I could survive without it.

Darjeeling, Assam, Earl Grey, Lady Grey, Chai, the odd herbal or fruit tea...just love the stuff. My standard cup is a plain old Yorkshire Tea, dash of milk, no sugar. Have at least five or six of them a day.

Coffee is only for when I want to be asleep but need to be awake.

Lil Snap

Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Other
I like both, but being from the southern US, my tea is to be iced and sweetened, although I do drink green tea hot. The coffee is "au lait" and sweet. Most mornings, though, my wake up jolt is delivered by a Diet Coke.

quattrus

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Diaperfur
  3. Carer
Definitely tea for me. My favourite one is Earl Grey, but I don't dislike the other varieties too, although I'm not a big fan of the fruit flavoured ones. My tea has to taste of... tea! :D

I don't drink coffee for two reasons: 1) I don't like it; 2) I'm so sensitive to caffeine that if I drank coffee I'd be feeling nervous like hell for the rest of the day, and I'd probably have trouble getting to sleep at night.

Squigma

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Babyfur
I love tea and am sceptical about whether I could survive without it.

Darjeeling, Assam, Earl Grey, Lady Grey, Chai, the odd herbal or fruit tea...just love the stuff. My standard cup is a plain old Yorkshire Tea, dash of milk, no sugar. Have at least five or six of them a day.

Coffee is only for when I want to be asleep but need to be awake.

My sister got a lovely selection pack of different teas the other day. It had Assam and Lady Grey in, and it was the first time I tired them. They were both really, really nice :D

Role
  1. Other
Coffee with cream and sugar
Tea hot with sugar or honey
Tea iced with sugar (not like southern sweet tea though) or mixed 50/50 with lemonade.

Status
Not open for further replies.