Coffee/alcohol, incontinence and living

I tried to give up coffee a few years ago and simply drink water I really did not see that much of a difference in how often I peed so I now no longer worry about it. My urologist is not happy but since it made no real difference I may have to change sooner but who cares I enjoy drinking coffee and my bladders going to act up either way.

Reactions: WoodenBelly
I didn’t give up my coffee instead of drinking a large coffee from Dunkin’ and then 3-4 cups at the diner I just have 2-3 cups at the diner it has helped a lot. I have also moderated my soda intake. These few changes have greatly made my life better in that I’m not wetting all the time

I don't drink alcohol or smoke or do drugs. I don't even drink soda but I do drink coffee and tea every day. When my incontinence issues first started I did wonder if cutting out coffee may help the problem or stop it. My doctors told me though that, considering the nature and cause of my issue in particular, not drinking coffee wouldn't really make much difference and it certainly wouldn't magically make it stop. So I still drink coffee and tea.

Reactions: WoodenBelly
never smoked, gave up alcohol many years ago but still have the odd non alcoholic beer or cider. Coffee was more difficult but my main drink these days is water or caffiene free diet coke.

jasonm03 said:
I didn’t give up my coffee instead of drinking a large coffee from Dunkin’ and then 3-4 cups at the diner I just have 2-3 cups at the diner it has helped a lot. I have also moderated my soda intake. These few changes have greatly made my life better in that I’m not wetting all the time

That's what I found as well. I've also noticed that espresso is a bit easier than coffee.

Back