Cloverfield!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur,
I just saw "Cloverfield" and it was better than I had imagined! I've been waiting for it since last summer when "Transformers" showed a teaser trailer for it... and i believe there was a thread about it on the old TBDL

...Anyways, if you haven't seen it, i'm telling you to go see it now.
^_^

Kams

Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Diaperfur
My friend saw it and told me the ending, and it sounded like it left the viewer wondering a lot of things, doesn't sound like the kinda ending I would like, but I hear the cinematography is great and I'm into that kinda stuff.

Sawaa

Est. Contributor
Role
Sissy
I really adore it. I know many of you guys won't be satisfied with the ending; but you gotta expect from the first 30 seconds of the movie that the ending will be somewhat similiar to what it was XD

Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur,
Yeah, they filmed it the way they filmed "A Blair Witch Project" it made it more realistic =D

...And yeah the ending did leave things unanswered, but apart from the fact that I'm about to rip my hair out from the suspense, i really liked how they ended it.

This is easily one of my favorite movies. ^_^

Kraiden

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
Who noticed the 2 "hidden" ending things?

SPOILERS:

The final scene, on the ferris wheel... who else noticed something hitting the water on the right hand side of the screen? >:p

After the credits, there's some distorted audio. People have got ahold of it, played it in reverse, and it's someone saying "It's alive".

I've gotta say though, I'm really... not looking forward to the DVD release. It's one of those movies where you *need* to see it in cinemas, with their big-assed speakers. The sound in the movie was beyond amazing.

And the subway scene with the whole "turn on the nightvision, man!".... That was pure friggin' genius.

Also, I gotta laugh at the cameraman's name being "HUD".

Sawaa

Est. Contributor
Role
Sissy
I saw the falling object! And I also stayed to hear the audio snippit.
At home, we have a sixty-inch TV with Dali speakers, so the eventual Blu-Ray release will be just as fantastic as seeing it in the cinema XD

Role
Private
Cloverfield was a great movie! At first I was a little put back by the hand-held camera thing, but it worked out very nicely.

When the movie finished, a lot of people in the cinema were like "Want my money back" or "That just sucked"... but I don't think they realised the premise of the film, and what was trying to be achieved with it's overall style. The film-makers did their best to keep the action and suspense going - which they did a really good job of IMO - but I can see how people can be disappointed. They went to the movie expecting some high-octane, huge explosion blockbuster - They got a bit of that, but were left hanging with no closure at the end.

But yeah, the movie was good because it was seen through the eyes of the people involved, no long shots, wide-angles or perfect filming. It all helped with the unique experience of the film.

Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur,
I heard the thing a the end of the credits, but i missed the thing hitting the water while they were on the ferris wheel.

Remember all those web-sites the teaser trailer led us to that gave us hints about the movie? Well I think that there may be more that answer all the unanswered questions...just a though ^_^

Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Carer, Other
The movie was amazing, possibly the best I have ever seen. The first person perspective makes you feel that emotion that they go through(Like when the girl's pelvis explodes or when the rip the girl off the pole) the scene when they rip the girl off the pole normally if it was in third person I'd be like "Ok cool, whatever" but this got too me when you heard her scream and twitch through her friends eyes.

To clear up the ending: It was NOT meant to be a "YAY! we win!" movie. It wasn't about humanity fighting this monster it was about an archive of these friends who went through that night through there perspective, death and all, this wasn't meant to be a happy film it was meant to be bleak with a bleak hopeless ending.

Woollyneck

Est. Contributor
Role
Babyfur, Other
I saw it a couple days ago, and I really liked it. The first-person perspective was really effective. I felt genuinely afraid for the characters; I wanted them to survive. The movie was suspenseful, and really scary at times. The special effects were great, too. I never had trouble beliving that the monster was there.

I actually thought that the little spider monsters were scarier than the big one. The big one just steps on you and you're dead. The little ones crawl all over you and bite you, and after a while you explode. I would rather be crushed than explode.

Also, they have said that they may make another movie about the attack, told from a different perspective. If it is done correctly, I think this could be a good idea; it could add more dimension to the story and could answer questions that went unanswered in the first one. But then again, it could just suck. I'm not really sure if I want a sequel.

hanzertas

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
I didn't catch the ending scene...and now i really want to see it again. Hopefully it will be Youtube'd before too long..but i think some of the hype is unnecessary...because really they just wanted to make a monster movie...and there probably isn't a sequel. But if there is i would like it from the prospective of someone else, possibly a news crew, so there would be better equipment, etc.

RubixFox

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Sissy, , Carer
I thought Cloverfield was a really good movie.It was original thats for sure.I like most movies out right now accept for One missed call.The story was good but the ending wasn't.I'd give Cloverfield a 9/10.I couldn't tell how it was going to end.Whoever thought up Cloverfield should be really proud(though I'm sure that person already is)

~christhefur~

Monkey

Banned
Role
Adult Baby
I'd assume if a sequel were made which is already rumoured to be planned (Article) I'd guess it would be from a military perspective, that way we can gain more information about the monster and more backstory rather than be clueless like the characters in Cloverfield were.

Kraiden

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
To clear up the ending: It was NOT meant to be a "YAY! we win!" movie. It wasn't about humanity fighting this monster it was about an archive of these friends who went through that night through there perspective, death and all, this wasn't meant to be a happy film it was meant to be bleak with a bleak hopeless ending.
I don't. I think it's not a film about "Oh lol everyone died!", but it's just the director's representation of..... well, an archive of stuff from the "cloverfield incident".

Which of course, makes more questions and more answers. Why would the US government keep a piece of film about something they already know lots about? They obviously know lots about the Monster, as we found out about the movie, with the alien / monster carcasses being wheeled through the makeshift base...

They obviously know about the monster.

and it obviously wasn't a coverup, since the news stations all had footage of the monster and other people knew about it. (The guy's mother ringing to see if he's ok)

So why would they keep something so worthless as a tape of the monster in a... I dunno, "top secret cloverfield archive"? (remember at the beginning, with the whole "for your eyes only, property of the U.S government, etc..)

Simple. For that thing hitting the ocean at the end. They wouldn't know where it came from, would they? It wasn't on fire when it came down, was it? So it obviously didn't enter the atmosphere. (then again, maybe it's totally heat-proof, since it was never of fire, even after all those explosions and shit)

See? It's a good movie, since we're all still talking about it!!! :D

baconbit

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Sissy
Thats on my list to see along with i am legend and untraceable.

Vladimir

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
I don't go to the cinema really so I'm gonna have to wait for the DVD D:
Same as gen except I don't know what Untraceable is about XD

Grutzvalt

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby
You know what I loved about that movie?

It's all quiet...and then....all of a sudden out of no where...

BWAAHAAAAAA!!!!!

And then theres me: "HOLY ****!!!!!" *wets pants*

I loved the movie.

baconbit

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Sissy
Untracable is about a guy with an untracable website killing people. Each time the website is viewed he speeds up the time he will kill them. But I don't like going to the movies either. DVD's are allot better in my opinion

Grutzvalt

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby
Cloverfield was awesome and confusing that the same time...I loved it!

~Gwizzy~

Status
Not open for further replies.