cloth

Status
Not open for further replies.

nappyar

Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
i am sure this is over done
but i have never tried cloth. i want a pretty thick diaper. and plastic pants.

i would prefer contour i think

what are your favorites?

tdlrfootedpjs

Est. Contributor
Role
Little
i tried some prefold cloth diapers, they were super thick but just didnt like them as well as my disposables. If you want think really think about going the prefold route.

TallestBabyEver

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby
cloths aren't the best for those "on-the-go" types so best if used at home. I have 3 prefolds that i like to use for the weekend. Very bulky, lots of absorbency, lots of fun! I also have a velco contour type and although it doesn't hold as much as one prefold does, it manages what a decent disposable can handle. I like my prefolds just fine.

ballucanb

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
A good thick towel always makes a good substitute, if you just get some plastic pants, the towels should be no problem, a few safty pins and you can give it a try.

doubledbbw

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
I wear a disposable while going out and cloth when at home. I also like my diapers real thick and plastic pants too. For me being brought up in cloth diapers and plastic pants there are no better diapers to use. So good luck in your choices in diapers to wear and use.

Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
speaking of cloths... lol i was tidying my room and i found one of my cloth nappies from when i was a baby rofl so i put it to good use and cleaned the scirtin boards with it and i thought how the helll could that have fitted me? hehe

ballucanb

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
question where do you get plastc pants at our sizes?

Just check on the net or if you have a medical supply store in your area you can buy them there.

I have cheap ones I got on the net for 3 for 10 bucks, and I have 2 really good heavy ones with a snap closure that cost me 45 bucks.

The cheapies are OK but the legs don't fit that tight, (skinny Legs) but I used the hell out of them anyway, and they held up very good.

I would love to buy a whole bunch of the good ones but the price stops me dead.

CarKid

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Other, Private
i am sure this is over done
but i have never tried cloth. i want a pretty thick diaper. and plastic pants.

i would prefer contour i think

what are your favorites?
Use the search button!!!!!!!

Herbiec

Banned
Role
Diaper Lover
Cloth diapers

Check out granitesmith's site on ebay. They sell 36x36 diapers.
I use 4 adult 36x36 diapers with 8 toddler baby diapers as soaker pads and this gives me a very thick diaper.:thumbsup:

redtails

Banned
Role
Diaper Lover, , Carer, Other
Cloth diapers are the ultimate goal for me.. I imagine them to be the best of them all. Of course I haven't tried proper adult diapers yet, neither have I ever tried a cloth diaper, but using towels and some safety pins gets close to the real thing I hope :), it makes a very good experience and much more satisfying than disposable ones in my opinion.

anna s

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
I have just purchased some cloth nappies online. Im more of a disp person. Ive always wanted to give cloth ago. When I went on to the site, I saw alsorts. So I got some towls and an all in one type that has valcro like tapes on them. I also saw plastic and rubber pants, again not sure what to get, I bought them both.

Im still waiting for them to be delivered and I will have to let you know how I get on!

diapermefast

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Sissy
ive always thought of buying some cloth diapers, but never got around to it, i suppose i am more of a disposable person too as they remind me of my childhood.

redtails

Banned
Role
Diaper Lover, , Carer, Other
I have just purchased some cloth nappies online. Im more of a disp person. Ive always wanted to give cloth ago. When I went on to the site, I saw alsorts. So I got some towls and an all in one type that has valcro like tapes on them. I also saw plastic and rubber pants, again not sure what to get, I bought them both.

Im still waiting for them to be delivered and I will have to let you know how I get on!
Make sure to tell us all about your experiences as soon as you've received and tried them on some times :D, if you want to!!

Role
Diaper Lover
I just recently purchased a contour diaper from diaperstation. It is really confortable and pretty thick. The thickest cloth diapers that I know of are from Fancypantsdiapers.com

Role
Diaper Lover, Incontinent
There are a lot of "diaper pants" out there that would probably work for you.

They're really just pre-formed cloth diapers that snap on or pull up. The good snap-on ones are gonna have more then one set of snaps, so you can adjust them some.

Some come with their own backings, but they don't stand up to washing that well (the pair I had were very comfortable, but they lasted less then 3 months!), and aren't usually very waterproof around the legs, so I'd say just go with plastic pants. Just make sure the elastic isn't too tight, because that can get really uncomfortable!

Cloth is definitely better if you're going to be sleeping in one overnight. Disposables are just way too leaky when you toss around and shift over the night.

Role
Incontinent
I wear cloth diapers 24/7/365 because I'm incontinent on both ends, and disposables 1, don't hold feces very well, and 2, cause me to break out in a really bad rash.
I got mine from AdultClothDiaperCo. on line. I use their prefolded gauze night weight diapers with their plastic pants. I like them a lot, they're very absorbent, soft, and bulky, but I also use a regular pre-fold baby diaper as a stiffer in the front, and 2 pre-fold baby dipes sewn together end to end as a liner to keep the feces from staining the main diaper so much. It does still get stained, just not nearly as much as if I went in it without a liner.
I use the extra large size, (I've got a 38" waist), and the last time I bought some, they were about $28.00 each if you buy 6 or more. I know that sounds really expensive, but I've had these now for over a year and a half, and they are still in really good shape. If you figure how many disposables I would use in that same period, this is a bargain! Even factoring in the laundry every day.
At night, I use the same size outer diaper, but I use an older one, folded in thirds length wise and laid down the middle for a soaker, and then covered with a third one for a liner, so my night diaper is a triple thick one, with extra large plastic pants over the top. Since I've gone to this method at night, I haven't had a single leak, and that was a big problem when I first started to have to wear diapers. I had tried several different ways before I came up with this one.
So I would say that if you want to try a cloth diaper, go for it! You won't get a better diaper, and the feeling is fantastic.
Good luck, Rick.

Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Incontinent
I think ill stick with disposables, although I've always wanted to try cloth... they're expensive, aren't they?

Status
Not open for further replies.