Cloth vs disposable

attilio1991

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Hello, I guess the disposable diapers are funnier to use than the cloth ones but it depends on any medical conditions. Do you agree? Thanks.

fleckothefennec

I am fennec hear me scree
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Diaperfur
Yah I'm a disposable diaper kinda fox, I get no joy or arousal from cloth diapers, I don't like their look either, not to mention the thought of cleaning them 😬

Reactions: attilio1991

MikeDJ

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
All ever knew were disposable types. I was put into the 70s style Pampers as a child so lots of crinkle . I dont think I was ever put into a cloth diaper.

Rita

Padded Rita
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
Every Since I that first day that I had to start wearing !
Been a Disposable Diaper Gal ever since !!

ILuvDiapers

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
  4. Incontinent
Definitely disposable thick ABDL diapers with little designs all over them! I love them, i really don't get the cloth diaper thing! I guess it's a generational thing? To me its like people who still use VHS videos, when the rest of the world just stream! :giggle: (y) :giggle:

MaxxH

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I enjoy both. Cloth has the edge for bulk and sensory appeal even when dry, although a wet Megamax comes pretty darn close. Disposable has the edge for maximizing my limited diaper opportunities. With a disposable I can stay diapered much closer to Mrs. Maxx's anticipated return. With cloth I have to start cleanup and laundry a couple hours before to avoid being busted.

attilio1991

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
ILuvDiapers said:
Definitely disposable thick ABDL diapers with little designs all over them! I love them, i really don't get the cloth diaper thing! I guess it's a generational thing? To me its like people who still use VHS videos, when the rest of the world just stream! :giggle: (y) :giggle:
Wow, thank you for the info!

MetalDan86

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
attilio1991 said:
Hello, I guess the disposable diapers are funnier to use than the cloth ones but it depends on any medical conditions. Do you agree? Thanks.
I like both but know the drawback of having more time to spend on additional laundering with cloth diapers. There are some cloth diapers and fabrics, like bamboo and Zorb, that are very soft and absorbent. The greater enjoyment I have with disposables is the outer texture, the tighter fit I can get with the tapes, and the variety of designs.

parcelboy2

Padded Truck driver
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
MetalDan86 said:
I like both but know the drawback of having more time to spend on additional laundering with cloth diapers. There are some cloth diapers and fabrics, like bamboo and Zorb, that are very soft and absorbent. The greater enjoyment I have with disposables is the outer texture, the tighter fit I can get with the tapes, and the variety of designs.
Same here ,
I use disposables at work because I’m away all week and wearing 24/7 means cloth is a no no due to not having access to a washer etc
At home now I wear cloth as I was tossing away about 10 used nappies each weekend and with a 2 weekly bin emptying it gets heavy and stinky 🤢

Reactions: MetalDan86

Nowididit

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Disposables all the way for me.

Reactions: attilio1991 and DLmikey

PuffPuffPaci

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Little
  2. Incontinent
I think it might be a generation thing as someone else said. I was born in the 80's , but raised by grandma at first and she put me in cloth, legend has it. It was what she knew, so thats how it went till I was potty trained. I suppose thats why I prefer it. Also, I like the look better, the little button snaps, the design is full coverage and theres more variety. Heck if you can sew, u can have any pattern you want. unlimited customization...how you stuff it to how it fits. My only gripe it that there are limited places to buy stuff but thats because its less popular. However, its making a comeback with the whole "granola/crunchy" style of living. There is a whole generation of ppl rediscovering cloth diapering, so maybe that'll keep it alive for a while longer.

Reactions: GoodboyN and Cottontail

Cottontail

Silly wabbit!
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Diaperfur
  5. Sissy
  6. Little
Mostly cloth, although I like disposables also. Of course, versus the convenience of simply throwing a used diaper in the garbage, any amount of laundry is an added burden. For 30-40 hours of diaper use each week, I end up doing two loads of laundry. It's become habit and I don't mind at all. (Plus, diapers are lot easier to fold and re-stash than most other articles of clothing.) It certainly saves me a lot of money, although if I'm honest, that's mostly a "happy accident." My cloth preferences have nothing to do with economics or any sort of practicality. I was cloth-diapered as a baby (late 70's) and grew up around other cloth-diapered children, and that probably cemented my love of cotton padding--of "cotton tails." :) They're also the first diapers I had access to when I began indulging my DL urges.

But while I'm doing my last load of diaper laundry for the week, generally Friday afternoon, I'll put on something from ABU and be a sposie baby for half a day. I abstain from diaper use over the weekend while the whole family is home with me, so "ABU Friday" ensures that there aren't any stinky wet diapers waiting for me on Monday.

Last edited:
Reactions: PuffPuffPaci and SherriLil

parcelboy2

Padded Truck driver
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
PuffPuffPaci said:
I think it might be a generation thing as someone else said. I was born in the 80's , but raised by grandma at first and she put me in cloth, legend has it. It was what she knew, so thats how it went till I was potty trained. I suppose thats why I prefer it. Also, I like the look better, the little button snaps, the design is full coverage and theres more variety. Heck if you can sew, u can have any pattern you want. unlimited customization...how you stuff it to how it fits. My only gripe it that there are limited places to buy stuff but thats because its less popular. However, its making a comeback with the whole "granola/crunchy" style of living. There is a whole generation of ppl rediscovering cloth diapering, so maybe that'll keep it alive for a while longer.
I’ve easily managed to buy cloth for making nappies in the Uk
Got lots of pins and about 15 pairs of PUL pants
Also a mum who has a goos sewing machine

DLmikey

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
PuffPuffPaci said:
Possibly, but not in my case. I was very much a cloth baby, but when I came back to nappies/diapers as an adult I was I’m immediately attracted to disposables and I still have absolutely no interest in cloth nappies at all.

Napincolove

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
For myself I was reared in cloth Nappies and Rubber pants and initially did not like disposables and it took me a long time to adapt to them.
Now I have the best of both worlds with disposable during the day and cloth inner linings with an outer disposable covering for nightime use, 24/7 covered with a PUL pant for extra security, I now love both and the only negatives are laundry of the cloth Nappies and disposal of the used disposables 😯

Worthy of note is that my "cloth" Nappies are large microfibre cloths and they dry very quickly after washing so laundry day is not so bad at all.

SherriLil

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
I'm more into disposables than cloth diapers, although cloth has its place - they're excellent for side-sleepers, for example. I have some cloth diapers and plastic panties, but I find the cleanup arduous - I pretty much have to wash them right away, because I have nowhere to store a used cloth diaper and wouldn't want to have to deal with what they smell like after a couple of days - I don't think my wife would put up with that. I also used to have to guard the laundry while I was running diapers, because I didn't want the kids to go digging through the laundry and find them. So for those reasons, I'm 90% + in disposables, although I really like the feel of a cloth diaper, and economics tilts in their favour.

I was a child of the 1980's and have some recollection of wearing cloth diapers, so I thought that I wore them maybe half the time or something, but I asked my mom about it a couple of years ago and she said that my memory was wrong, and that although I had cloth diapers, I almost never wore them because she hated washing them. She said that one of her fears was that I was going to outgrow disposables before I outgrew bedwetting, and she'd have to go back to cloth diapers, but she suspected that if I had to wear cloth all the time, it might be the "last straw" for me, and I'd finally stop wetting the bed, but it never came to that. It was a curious comment, though, because it betrayed that she thought that maybe every accident wasn't an "accident", which was the regnant theory when she was a kid - that bedwetters were lazy. However, to their credit, my parents never made me feel badly about it or punished me, other than being unwilling to negotiate about wearing diapers if we had family over or were at someone else's house for the night. "If you needed diapers last night, you need them tonight. Nothing magic happened because your cousins came over..."

Reactions: Cottontail

Nowididit

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
PuffPuffPaci said:
I was born mid 60s and was in cloth diapers till I was potty trained. I do not like cloth diapers at all. You would think that I'd be cloth diapers kinda guy but I'm the opposite.

Last edited:
Reactions: DLmikey

PuffPuffPaci

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Little
  2. Incontinent
Nowididit said:
I was born mid 60s and was in cloth diapers till I was potty trained. I do not like cloth diapers at all. You would think that I'd be cloth diapers kinda guy but I'm the opposite.
well that goes to prove it could be more about regular ole preference. 🤷🏾‍♂️