Cloth nappies

Jimjame

Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Incontinent
Move if it is in the rong thread
Hi I am from Scotland and I want to reduce my carbon foot print and move to cloth nappies when I am at home. is there good opposition out there for heavy urinary incontinence. I am a medium in most nappies as well if that makes a difference

Pongoandperdi15

Contributor
Role
Incontinent
I'm heavily urinary incontinent, and I have one blanken care cloth nappy. It works ok but doesn't offer any where near the absorbancy of my usual disposables which is why I've never made the switch, I guess with a few boosters it might be better but it's bulky on its own. Unfortunately id like to be more eco friendly but options don't exist

chuck

Contributor
Role
I wear cloth diapers pretty much all the time when I am at home. Disposables are very convenient, but the cloth ones work ok and are a lot less expensive.

alwayz

Est. Contributor
Role
I wear cloth diapers exclusively, but mine are in the laundry

daylight

Est. Contributor
Role
Incontinent
There is a lot of work with cloth diapers but, also a satisfaction of reducing your landfill / waste footprint.

For instance, finding something discreet and meets your needs can be tough. Just be prepared for wet clothes and an uptick in personal odors while you work it out. However the rewards are there for some folks. I tend to bounce between cloth and disposable, being flexible helps with managing needs and not withdrawing from life.

A suggestion: Use contoured cloth diapers and elastic closures are the tops. IMO the elastic grips keep the diaper snug around your waist as the cloth stretches out which it does as you move about and, well you know, saturates. I’ve pretty much given up on AIOs for my needs.

Let us know how you fair with your switch over.