Cloth diapers , pin or snappi or both ?

NappiedTruckDriver

Padded Truck driver
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
I had an issue last night with my cloth terry towel diaper coming lose because the snappi had slipped ! :mad:
last weekend I pinned as well as snappi'ed with no issues .
how do you lot secure your cloth sheet or prefold diapers ?

I don’t always use them but when I do I like to use 4 pins. 2 on each side just like taping a disposable.

Last edited:
Reactions: Reward
I use Boingo fasteners which are like mini tarp straps. I also use pins for
backup, but haven't had a Boingo come off in years since I've been using
them.

Reactions: NappiedTruckDriver
Regular diaper pins work fine for me. One on each side.

oleman72 said:
I use Boingo fasteners which are like mini tarp straps. I also use pins for
backup, but haven't had a Boingo come off in years since I've been using
them.
Got my self 2 sets coming from Amazon USA site , no one does them in UK and Ebay sellers :devilish:want the same for 1 P&P as Amazon will send me 2 P&P

I'm old school so I like pins.

parcelboy2 said:
I had an issue last night with my cloth terry towel diaper coming lose because the snappi had slipped ! :mad:
last weekend I pinned as well as snappi'ed with no issues .
how do you lot secure your cloth sheet or prefold diapers ?

The "big diaper pins" from baby-pants.com. They are the real thing only bigger, locking plastic heads, and can handle an adult diaper without popping loose. On an adult they are to scale, just the right size.

I use pins. I tried Snappi and they do not work.

egor said:
I use pins. I tried Snappi and they do not work.
I pinned and snappi'ed last night worked better
I just worked out that by just wearing cloth 3 nights a week I'm not using 156 disposables a year :eek: that's £170
Meaning my stash has paid for its self

I like Snappis and pretty much use the most of the time now. I like how they pull up on the center.
It's getting harder and harder to find real diaper pins these days.

littlemoosey said:
The "big diaper pins" from baby-pants.com. They are the real thing only bigger, locking plastic heads, and can handle an adult diaper without popping loose. On an adult they are to scale, just the right size.
Me too. I like the duckie ones. They're cute and a little bigger than the regular style. I use their Peva baby pants as well. They last almost forever!

parcelboy2 said:
Got my self 2 sets coming from Amazon USA site , no one does them in UK and Ebay sellers :devilish:want the same for 1 P&P as Amazon will send me 2 P&P

Another source for Boingos is Changing Times Diaper Co, also get my Dritz baby pins there.

I also remember one night when my brother was still in diapers and my mom couldn't find my diaper pins, she used 2 of his di-d-klips on me. But I liked the pins much better.

Well I've just used pins tonight , 2 plain head with the safety cover and 2 with duckys on the end also powdered up with the J'n'J night time baby powder ,
Also I've notice that the more nights I wear cloth the more comfortable I'm becoming with the bulk , literally sleeping like my baby self 👶🏻

Reactions: chuck and littlemoosey
DocBrown said:
Me too. I like the duckie ones. They're cute and a little bigger than the regular style. I use their Peva baby pants as well. They last almost forever!

You are right Doc, the DUCKIE PINS are great. I remember the night my wife found them she could not wait to order them; got all of the colors except pink of course. She likes switching them up between the traditional style and the duckie pins... its fun.

I have tried all of the above and have had success with all of them but I think the diaper pins were less damaging on my flat diapers the hooks tend make holes in my diapers which only get worse with washing

Carnifex said:
I have tried all of the above and have had success with all of them but I think the diaper pins were less damaging on my flat diapers the hooks tend make holes in my diapers which only get worse with washing

We have never tried the hooks, and I dont want to, Diaper pins are traditional for me. We have been using the same diapers now for pushing into 2 years with pins, a little more than 2 dozen high quality cloth diapers, both night and day weights. I am not 24/7 but wear nearly every day. The cloth diapers are holding up beautifully. I replace plastic pants the most as over time they just wear out and eventually get holes in them.

When I wear cloth, I prefer contoured diapers with Velcro on the wings. I have a few that aren't that way and I use diaper pins. I'm not crazy about those.

I prefer plastic-head diaper pins over the metal-head ones--if I am wearing jeans, my belt pushes on the metal head and tends to tear my plastic pants.

Back