Cloth diaper recommendations?

I had the same issue...easily resolved . Just go to U TUBE and you will find folding instructions...

Reactions: Cottontail
MattTheCat said:
Thanks! I don’t really know how to fold the pre folds but I will look it up.
dduck508 said:
I had the same issue...easily resolved . Just go to U TUBE and you will find folding instructions...
Yup. It ain't that bad. As with everything, it comes down to practice.

The "angel wing" fold is a good all-arounder, and what I generally use. If you're going to get messy (not common for me, but it has happened), then the "jelly roll" is a good one. As its name implies, it's not really a "fold." Rather, you roll the sides of the prefold inward, and that creates a sort of barrier on each side of the crotch to help keep the poop in.

I'd say the trick with prefolds (or flats, or contours) is mostly just warming up to whatever kind of fastener you end up with. Pinning is the most versatile, and my own preference, but it's not everybody's cup of tea. There are also some non-pin fasteners, like Snappis and Boingos. Boingos sort of work like pins, one per side, and are the most adult-friendly of the two by far. I consider Snappis too small for adult use, but some people do manage.

---

Just ordered one of these today and I look forward to reviewing it. (My DependEco diapers are Lion King as well, so I've got a theme going. :)) I'm a little nervous about the rise on these, but I'm hopeful that the two-tab design (versus the four-tab DependEco design) will work out with a lower rise. We shall see! If not, I'll have to see if she can do a custom size for me.

Last edited:
Cottontail said:
Yup. It ain't that bad. As with everything, it comes down to practice.

The "angel wing" fold is a good all-arounder, and what I generally use. If you're going to get messy (not common for me, but it has happened), then the "jelly roll" is a good one. As its name implies, it's not really a "fold." Rather, you roll the sides of the prefold inward, and that creates a sort of barrier on each side of the crotch to help keep the poop in.

I'd say the trick with prefolds (or flats, or contours) is mostly just warming up to whatever kind of fastener you end up with. Pinning is the most versatile, and my own preference, but it's not everybody's cup of tea. There are also some non-pin fasteners, like Snappis and Boingos. Boingos sort of work like pins, one per side, and are the most adult-friendly of the two by far. I consider Snappis too small for adult use, but some people do manage.

---

Just ordered one of these today and I look forward to reviewing it. (My DependEco diapers are Lion King as well, so I've got a theme going. :)) I'm a little nervous about the rise on these, but I'm hopeful that the two-tab design (versus the four-tab DependEco design) will work out with a lower rise. We shall see! If not, I'll have to see if she can do a custom size for me.
Thank you! I don’t mess so I think the jelly roll will not be for me but other then that I’m happy to check out all kinds of prefolds!

You might also like baby-pants.com. I’ve generally ordered my cloth diapers from them or babykins

dduck508 said:
I've tried all kinds of cloth diapers over the last 10 years. Many of them I still have and are in my changing rotation. TRY PREFOLDS...they are great! Get some large diaper pins (4in.) . Add a nice pair of playtime plastic pants and your good to go. I have been buying from Changing Times Diaper Co. https://www.changingtimesdiaperco.com/collections/diaper-fasteners they are super. Make sure you wash them first that activates the absorbancy and the are great. Get some inserts as well...good luck!
Were do you get four inch pins

Cottontail said:
A quick update: I received my DideeQueen diaper, and put it through the wash just today. Still haven't actually used it, though I have put it on, and my first impression is "impressed." The workmanship seems really excellent, just like the DependEco diapers. The seams and the cut are very nice, and the medium is a spot-on perfect fit for me, which was a huge relief. Most diapers are a bit low in the rise for me, but I figured that these diapers, being one-tab-per-side, might be an exception. They are. The fit is very neat and trim--and cute on me, if I do say so myself. :)

The "Zorb" material used for the padding in these claims to be "super absorbent" (we shall see!), but I haven't evaluated that yet. What I can say is that the padding has a very pleasing thickness and density to it.

More to come.

Last edited:
Back