Cloth Diaper Recommendation / Review

whiteplastic

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
As I've said elsewhere, I'm not too fussed about the micromillimetric appearance of a nappy, provided it has padding in the right places to make it babylike. Plastic pants cover myriad nappy "imperfections", I believe. Functionality would also be an obvious factor. For the first time in many years, I have found a cloth nappy which ticks all these boxes.
  • Opulent padding in all the right places
  • Soft spandex material in the shell
  • Beautifully smooth elastic
  • Zero bulk at the sides
They're billed as "Training Pants", but don't let this fool you: these are proper nappies.

Cloth nappy lovers, I commend the Rearz Adult Training Pants to you:
WHITE-PANTIE__05547__45327.jpg
https://rearz.ca/rearz-adult-training-pants-white/

They are not cheap, but their quality is outstanding. I have found them nominally cheaper at https://incontroldiapers.com/rearz-adult-training-pants-white/ which I think is an affiliate of Rearz, if not owned by them.

However, Rearz is currently offering specials on various themed "training pants" if this is something that might take your fancy:

Although I'm an XL according to their sizing chart, I went a size up to 2XL.
Training_Pants_Size_Chart__56720.jpg
This gives me more padding and makes the ensemble more babyish, although the nappy is a little loose at the hip. This isn't really an issue because my plastic pants hold it in place just fine.

The biggest selling point is how easy it is to get myself out of my nappy for any business: no faffing about with pins or resettling velcro fasteners - just push down and pull back up when finished.

I really do love these training pants. And did I mention how soft they are? 10/10.

Would love to hear about your perfect cloth diapers. Let's have a review-fest!

Reactions: Cottontail

Cottontail

Silly wabbit!
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Diaperfur
  5. Sissy
  6. Little
whiteplastic said:
Cloth nappy lovers, I commend the Rearz Adult Training Pants to you:
I've not used the Rearz ones, but I've got several pairs of the Baby Pants ones which are very similar in construction. They're great! Baby Pants offers two thicknesses, "My First" (thick) and "Almost a Big Kid" (thinner). The former are quite effective as diapers when worn with plastic pants or some other kind of waterproof cover.

My favorite cloth diaper arrangement du jour is a Rearz diaper wrap with padding simply laid inside. No fasteners required, as the wrap is snug enough to hold things in place. I've sewed a number of my own prefolds which, by complete accident, are a perfect fit for these wraps. When I'm out of those, I use XL baby prefolds, three at a time. The wrap has no absorbency of its own, so when the padding is sufficiently wet, I just swap it for dry padding. The crotch is nice and wide and the gussets work really well. The wrap lasts me all day, and then I wash it in the sink with some hand soap and hang it up to dry. Easy peasy.

My only real gripe with these wraps is that the particular hook-and-loop used is a bit sharp at the edges, so if you're not careful with tab placement, you can find yourself getting poked in the thigh or tummy. Rounding the corners of the patches of hook material would be a nice change to make, or perhaps they could use one of several "no scratch" hook materials which are specifically aimed at products like diapers.

But anyway... Not a huge deal, and I still enthusiastically recommend these. They're an exceptionally convenient way to cloth-diaper. You only need a couple of them, they can be immediately reused (unless messy), and they can accommodate just about any padding you might have around. These are a one-size product, and you adjust the length with snaps. At their largest/longest setting (what I use), I'd say they're somewhere between a medium and a large. If you wear an XL or larger, you're out of luck. Perhaps Rearz will make a larger version at some point.

Last edited:
Reactions: whiteplastic

Lumos

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Other
I LOVE my Rearz training pants! You should check out the Incontrol training pants, they are thicker and more comfortable in my opinion đź‘Ť

Reactions: whiteplastic