Cloth and Disposable....UNITE!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

diapeybabybrian

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
Ok, I think I had a pretty good Idea yesturday...check it.

You know those big, long socks that you would only wear on the coldest possible day of the Winter Season?

WHAT IF we dug up those socks up out of our dressers, and used them as Stuffers inside our disposables?

Wouldn't this make a great stuffer?...And then when you change, just throw the soaked sox in a hamper or straight into the washing machine (however the cloth guys do it).

What do you think?

ballucanb

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
Try microfiber hand towels, I don't put them in the wash, but I wash them in the bathroom sink, and wash them out and hang to dry, and in an hour or so there dry.

I have been useing 1 or 2 of them in my wally world diapers and they work good, they help the wetness spread to the whole diaper and not just the center, after I wet the hell out of them I wash them out..

Most socks are made from a nylon like material and won't hold too much liquid.

avery

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
i think i'll avoid peeing on my socks if it's all the same to you.... XD

BabyKat

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Incontinent, , Private
Hehe yeah, you're better off getting real cloth inserts. And I'll tell you now, microfibre inserts are a lot softer than socks. :p

In all seriousness though, I've tried different kinds of cloth stuffers, and they are the softest I've found. They wick moisture away faster, but they don't hold a lot like other kinds, so I usually pair them up with other stuff anyway. I actually would suggest anyone who wears depend overnights to add a cloth insert just because it would cure that "feel constantly wet" feeling that you get, even from the smallest wetting that doesn't even use up the depends' absorbancy.

BluTack

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
What if I run of socks?
I don't want to go though the hamper and find out that I have wear socks soaked in piss now, do I?

dogboy

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
Socks....haha...very amusing! For years I used real Gerber baby diapers and pre-fold diapers and would put them in an old pair of underwear. I don't know if you can buy them in stores anymore, however. As for putting pee soaked anything into a hamper....are you kidding? Wear whatever into the shower and let all that falling water do its work. Then hang up to dry somewhere. Later, slip said makeshift cloth diaper into the laundry and dry.

G

gamebaby

sounds good to me. just maby not socks tho. maby something else but ill think about it.

Darkfinn

Banned
Role
Diaper Lover, Incontinent,
Umm... socks... no. Perhaps a rolled up washcloth or folded hand towel... maybe.

I thought the point of disposables was to just be able to throw it away after you were done?

diapeybabybrian

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
I thought the point of disposables was to just be able to throw it away after you were done?
I know, but it seems there's all these wars between cloth and disposables...I thought that this would be the way that everyone could get along.

BromeTeks

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Babyfur
I think If I were to try that, I would go buy and cut up a fleece blanket. Very comfortable and probably at least on par with socks for absorbancy.

LittleAdam

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Incontinent
I don't think socks would be absorbant enough, and I'm not sure how practical it would be to mix "cloth" and disposable diapers. Rather, I'd recommend a disposable booster of some kind.

Trevor

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur
I know, but it seems there's all these wars between cloth and disposables...I thought that this would be the way that everyone could get along.
People just like what they like. I'm okay with either, but I definitely prefer disposables for most things. If I wanted a stuffer for a disposable, I'd use a disposable one as I use a cloth stuffer with cloth. Different tools for different jobs.

Peachy

Banned
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Carer
Back in high school, we used to call one of our teachers "Pissfoot" because he often wore yellow socks. Now I'm seriously wondering if he had had the same idea many years ago and actually implemented peeing on his socks :tongueout:

I think a towel or some old clothes that you no longer wear anyway are more useful as absorbent material in your diaper.

Peachy

Status
Not open for further replies.