• Please go to your preferences page and make sure your "See Mature Topics" setting is set. Setting it to "Yes" means you see the Mature Topics forum (contains political and religious debates). Setting it to "No" means you do not see those threads.

Classified or For Sale or Trade Forum?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lil Snap

Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Other
Has there ever been any thought toward having a forum to post items for sale or trade between members? I think it might be a good way to redistribute items we no longer want to those that may want them without having to resort to ebay or the like. Like if I had some footed pajamas I wanted to sell or trade for a onesie (or whatever).

What do y'all think?

Pojo

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
There's only been like 2 posts of someone giving something away...

starshine

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
It's a little personal, too. Considering to trade you have to give out your address, I'm sure a lot of younger members wouldn't be comfortable with that.

Kovy

is back, baby!
Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Little, Carer
There's only been like 2 posts of someone giving something away...
Ditto. Definitely not enough threads to make a subforum.

avery

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
the last thing we want to do is promote giving out your full name and address to other people online.

i always get nervous when i see people organizing trades and give-aways, and i pray that the people involved know what they're getting into and fully trust one another. i think promoting that sort of risky behavior would be a horrible idea.

Point

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Little
This is why we have things like eBay and Craigslist. Right?

Lil Snap

Contributor
Role
Part of the thinking was not having to mess with ebay or craigslist because you never know who or what is going to respond to the ad. At least, we have a better idea of who we are dealing with inside the confines of this community.

But, I agree that I.D. security is most important in today's world, especially considering our younger members.

That is why I asked the question, thanks for the input.

Point

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Little
Transferring items should be between people who trust each other. It'll happen with or without a forum ;)

Martin

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Little
I'm 100% sure that's not going to happen. Why? Because it means giving out your full address to other people which is something we don't want to promote here because this is still a forum aimed at teens and this is for the safety of them (especially the younger ones).

FluffyFluffers

Est. Contributor
Role
Babyfur, Sissy
Depends will it become some quire forum with a bunch of pedo's seeking kid that get banned?

Peachy

Banned
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Carer
Well, if such a thing would be introduced, it should be only for VIPs really. At least the community trusts the VIPs enough to not be here only for exploiting the young members.
It kind of depends on the motives for people to sell their stuff. For example, someone recently bought diapers he found to be too large for him, so it's only natural he wants to sell them to someone else who can make use of them, rather than throwing them away. On the other hand, we don't want people to give away stuff just to get their hands on the contact information of other users. So it's not easy to decide.

Peachy

Lil Snap

Contributor
Role
I'm 100% sure that's not going to happen. Why? Because it means giving out your full address to other people which is something we don't want to promote here because this is still a forum aimed at teens and this is for the safety of them (especially the younger ones).
And I am totally 100% absolutely cool with that.

Well, if such a thing would be introduced, it should be only for VIPs really. At least the community trusts the VIPs enough to not be here only for exploiting the young members.
It kind of depends on the motives for people to sell their stuff. For example, someone recently bought diapers he found to be too large for him, so it's only natural he wants to sell them to someone else who can make use of them, rather than throwing them away. On the other hand, we don't want people to give away stuff just to get their hands on the contact information of other users. So it's not easy to decide.

Peachy
Because of the difficulties inherent to the situation, It's better to look for other solutions. This question was based on a "what if" scenario, rather than an actual need, so I am not committed to the idea at all. Good input from everyone, thanks!

Pojo

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
I think that if someone wants to release their information, then it's their choice to, but they should know of any possible consequences and we aren't responsible for any of them...

Peachy

Banned
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Carer
This question was based on a "what if" scenario, rather than an actual need, so I am not committed to the idea at all. Good input from everyone, thanks!
Well, i have one PM in my PM box that was asking me exactly this question: "How can I sell one of my Footed PJs to another member?"

And about the issue of giving out your address: If you want something to arrive at your house, you have no choice but to give it to someone; for AB-items, that's usually
- An online store
- a seller on EBay
- some other private person.
Personally, I'd say giving my address to someone on ADISC, who I have known for a while and whose posts I can look up to see if the person comes across as sane and trustworthy, is more rational than giving it to some seller on Ebay, or even to an online store.
Obviously, each person has to decide on their own if they want to give out their address at all, and understand what the risks are.

Peachy

Status
Not open for further replies.