Classic Video games

TB333

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Carer
Whats the earliest video games that guys have played?

Pong

Reactions: LeakingOut, PapaBear001, Sidewinder and 1 other person
Hm, depending on how it's meant, the oldest video game I've played so far would be Pong in my case, too.
The first video game I've played in my life was Sonic the Hedgehog 2 (Mega Drive/Genesis version).

Reactions: Sidewinder
I received a Coleco Gemini, an Atari 2600 clone, for Christmas in 1983 when I was 7 years old. Still have it. With it, I received the games Donkey Kong and Mouse Trap, the latter being very similar to Pac-Man. Those were the first two video games I played.

More recently, I also picked up an Atari 2600 "Heavy Sixer" (the original 1977 model) off eBay and restored it. Looks like new now.

I generally consider myself a retro video game enthusiast, although the games I'm most nostalgic for are not the 2600 games. Mostly I recall (and enjoy playing) games from the NES and SNES, some Genesis titles, as well as arcade titles from the mid to late 1980s.

Last edited:
If i can remember correctly when i was little my dad bought an Atari 2600 (or had one) and we played games like Combat and space invaders on an old black and white tv. Mind you this was when the NES was out so i didnt get that for a tiny bit after lol

Oldest I have played? That would be Spacewar! which dates back to the PDP-1 days. I won't be surprised if some of you have to look it up.

First I ever played? I honestly don't remember, I have played so many I just don't have a clue.

Sonic the Hedgehog and The Little Mermaid for Sega Genesis. I still have that Mermaid game.

The earliest video game I have heard that was ever invented was Pong and then there was the Atari 2600, the earliest game system I know that was released.

Iv recently been play alot of Arcade Archive Games recently. Im more of a fan of 90's era 16 bit games when it comes to arcade games.

I owned the original Nintendo Entertainment System.

Reactions: littledreamers333
Oldest I can recall was a power ranges game in the portable dreamcast, or maybe 1 of the original Pokemon games, I dont recall the title of the power Ranger Game, but it was the original Power Rangers and I loved that game

I also recall having a n64 and PSX later on, then a GameCube, then a PS2

Some of the PS3 and Xbox 360 games are kinda becoming "modern Classics" in their own right too

Abenteuer auf der LEGO Insel on Windows 95, Macrowave Shockwave browser games, Solitaire on Windows.

The very first video game I ever played was called Mine Storm on the now somewhat obscure Vectrex. ^.^

The first video games I ever played was at school on a BBC Micro. It was called "Anagram", and predictably involved trying to guess a word from its jumbled letters. I remember how amazed I was that an electronic machine could transform a dumb TV screen into something "clever" that could respond immediately to your actions.

Later, a friend got an Atari 2600, and we played Dig-Dug for hours on end!

Sapphyre said:
The very first video game I ever played was called Mine Storm on the now somewhat obscure Vectrex. ^.^
I remember Vectrex. When I was a kid, I used to call it the 1,2,3,4 game, because of the four clearly marked buttons on the controller.

3 of the games I remember for it were Scramble, Rip off, and Mine storm. (Which was built into the system) I didn't have the overlays for it but it was still enjoyable, nonetheless.

Some of the early video games I've played back in the halcyon days of my youth were Donkey Kong, Space Invaders, Mouse Trap, Starmaster and Fantastic Voyage for the Atari 2600.

Pirates, Rambo, Dragon Warrior, The Adventures of Lolo, and The Legend of Kage for NES.

And Every Sonic the Hedgehog game for Sega Genesis.

In later years, I revisited some of these classics, plus a few that I never heard of, or even knew existed at the time.

Many of which, I'm discovering and revisiting, still.

Last edited:
The Snake Game (don't remember the title) on a TRS-80 in October of 1980

I remember playing the duck hunt game when I was a kid!

Galactica, Elite Classic, Pac-Man Pong.

Pac-man.

When it first came out, they wanted to call it Puck Man, but they were afraid that kids would change the P to an F on the arcade machines.

My 1st was Dig Dug in the arcade.

Back