Circumcision

Is your penis circumcised (check below for definition)? Read the options carefully!

• I am from the U.S. and I am NOT circumcised!

Votes: 12 15.4%
  • I am from the U.S. and I have been circumcised at birth.

Votes: 35 44.9%
  • I am from the U.S. and have been circucised for medical reasons.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I am from the U.S. and have been circumcised by my own choice.

• I am NOT from the U.S. and I am NOT circumcised.

Votes: 20 25.6%
  • I am NOT from the U.S. and I have been circumcised at birth.

Votes: 7 9.0%
  • I am NOT from the U.S. and have been circucised for medical reasons.

Votes: 2 2.6%
  • I am NOT from the U.S. and have been circumcised by my own choice.

• Other (?) Explain!

Votes: 2 2.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Peachy

Banned
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Carer
Since we now have discussions on breast and penis size, one popular topic is still missing in the adult forum. So let's get a mature and organized discussion going on...circumcision.

I'm obviously talking about male circumcision, as female circumcision (don't ask me how that works - women don't have an awful lot down there one could cut off!) is condemed by the United Nations and should thus be illegal in the countries all of our members live in, so there shouldn't be anyone with any experience in that field.

Before we start the discussion, some facts:

What is circumciscion?
Circumcision is quite simply the removal of the foreskin on a male's penis. The foreskin is a layer of normal skin that protects the tip/head of a penis. On a normal flacid penis, the foreskin should cover all or most of the tip/head of the penis to protect it, as the head's skin is very thin and thus very sensitive. As the penis gets erect, the foreskin will either slide back or be pulled back by the owner to reveal the head of the penis and thus get ready for sexual intercourse.
If you're unsure about whether or not your circumcised (and you're not a girl :tongueout:), check if you can easily (!) pull back the skin at the top of your penis when it's in a non-erect or semi-erect state and if the loose skin on your penis' shaft can cover the entire tip/head of your penis (unless erect). If that is not the case for you, you're most likely circumcised.

Pros and cons
People claim that an uncircumcised penis enhances the feeling both partners get from sexual activities: Keeping the sensitive head of the penis protected by the foreskin and only revealing it for sexual intercourse keeps it sensitive to the touch and thus gives the male a more pleasurable feeling when actual intercourse occurs. In addition, the foreskin acts as an additional lubricant when it slides on and off the head of the penis during sexual intercourse. It reduces friction, as a circumcised (w/o the foreskin) would rub along the walls of the vagina and could cause pain to the girl if there is insufficient lubrication.
People in favor of circumcision mostly cite hygiene reasons as an argument. Dead skin cells from the head of the penis are trapped inside the foreskin and cause a nasty and somewhat smelly white residue to collect between foreskin and the head of the penis. Cutting the foreskin off obviously eliminates the residue and thus reduces the risk of infection.

The poll

I've heard and read that circumcision is the rule rather than the exception in America and routinely done shortly after the birth of a male decendent. In Europe, it tends to be the exception rather than the rule.
Aside from that, circumcision can be done for medical reasons and later in life by choice of the male himself rather than his parents.
To test the theory of the different attitudes towards circumcision in the U.S. and elsewhere, there are 8 different poll options. Please choose the correct one!
Note: It's an anonymous poll, so no one will find out about your male member! :tongueout:

And now feel free to discuss the matter in all detail, pro and cons and personal opinion, but keep it at a mature level!

Peachy

Role
Private
Uncut, and not from the US.

In my area, I seem to be in the majority. I've had this discussion with other male friends before and we were all in the same boat. It seems the previous generation was all for leaving the member alone.

People in favor of circumcision mostly cite hygiene reasons as an argument. Dead skin cells from the head of the penis are trapped inside the foreskin and cause a nasty and somewhat smelly white residue to collect between foreskin and the head of the penis. Cutting the foreskin off obviously eliminates the residue and thus reduces the risk of infection.
Counter-argument:

Anyone who lives decently will take a shower at least once a day, or once every two days (if they are really pushing it). It only takes a few seconds to roll the foreskin back and wash it. Doing so keeps it clean and in avoidance of all that stuff. So it's really easy to avoid anything bad.

Circumcision may be a better alternative in places where hygiene practices aren't so good.

By the way, I believe that "smelly white residue" is called "smegma". :thumbsup:

Sawaa

Est. Contributor
Role
Sissy
American by birth, and uncut~

I will be making the decisions regarding mutilating my penis thankyaverymuch.

Charlie

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Sissy, Carer, Other
Well I'm not from the US, or circumcised.
I don't understand how it could ever catch on... It's cutting part off part off your penis!
By the way, I believe that "smelly white residue" is called "smegma". :thumbsup:
People where I live call it "Dick cheese". :p

Sawaa

Est. Contributor
Role
Sissy
Yeah, or smegma! Like..omg ewww icky GROSS
Hygiene is paramount, srsly. Cleanliness is next to godliness, kthx ~<3

LilRabbit

Est. Contributor
Role
Babyfur, Diaperfur, Sissy, Incontinent, Carer
I am from the US. And I am happily cut. And my son will definitely be cut, and damn it, he'll be happy too.

ayanna

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Babyfur
I don't have one, but I do have a preference. I much prefer to look upon a circumcised male. That is, of course, a personal preference based upon the visual appeal. If I'd had sons they would have been circumcised shortly after birth (for health & hygiene reasons).

LilRabbit

Est. Contributor
Role
Babyfur, Diaperfur, Sissy, Incontinent, Carer
I don't have one, but I do have a preference. I much prefer to look upon a circumcised male. That is, of course, a personal preference based upon the visual appeal. If I'd had sons they would have been circumcised shortly after birth (for health & hygiene reasons).
See that gentlemen? Baby Jake... the ladies' preference. :D

Vladimir

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
I'm from Canada, and circumcised at birth (because I'm jewish).

Target

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur
Not From USA and not Circumcised.
In my opinion, since it is something personal and very important,must be the person himself to decide if he want to be circumcised or not, and parents or other people can't choose for you (like some religions that require circumcision after birth).
Pro, I've learnt at school that help hygene and is suggested for people with difficulties to pull back skin from top of the penis.
Plus I've read on a Magazine that recent studies proved that circumcised men feelmore pleasure during sex.

Tigger

Banned
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
For some reason I thought that in the us it wasn't done all that often, and mainly religious (I think Jewish) reasons that it was done for :S Anyhow, when I was born, it was still routine and normal to have it done shortly after birth, so yeah, I'm cut. When with another guy I prefer cut as well, I guess since I've seen mine my whole life and cosider it norm, I dunno... These days though it's not common to have it done here. Hell, you can't even have it done at the hospital in my town, you have to travel to mildura or another close city with a bigger hospital. Back when I was born it was still believed best for hygene and whatnot to do it. These days they've proved it's mostly bullshit, and that cleaning it properly is good enough to stop infections and whatnot. So yeah. I dunno, do you reckon they look bigger if uncut?

Ben

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Other
Me likes his penis just the way it is currently heh not cut up etc. Though when i was a little kid it did get infected, but since then i simply make sure to clean it whenever i'm in the shower n haven't had any issues since then.

Anon E. Mouse

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
Erm, I havn't seen any other than my own. I wouldn't happen to know. u//u There is something that looks like it may have been caused by cutting off skin, but I still have not seen one circumcised and one not to be able to know the difference.

Tigger

Banned
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
Well, I'd show you pics to give you an idea of what a cut one looks like, but heh, I've got enough neg rep already :p

Peachy

Banned
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Carer
Anyone who lives decently will take a shower at least once a day, or once every two days (if they are really pushing it). It only takes a few seconds to roll the foreskin back and wash it. Doing so keeps it clean and in avoidance of all that stuff. So it's really easy to avoid anything bad.

Circumcision may be a better alternative in places where hygiene practices aren't so good.

By the way, I believe that "smelly white residue" is called "smegma".
I tried to avoid the word "smegma", just so everyone knows what I'm talking about. In fact, I don't think the German language even as a word for that stuff - must be an English thing :tongueout:
However, I fully agree that in our time and age, circumcision is no longer necessary. Most people clean daily or at least every 2 days, and if they invest 15-20 seconds to wash that part of their body properly, circumcision is not necessary to achieve the same hygiene. In fact, the risk of getting an infection during the actual surgery or in its immediate aftermath is probably larger than getting an infection from "smegma", so hygiene reasons would actually dictate not to mutilate a guy's penis.

I'm from Canada, and circumcised at birth (because I'm jewish).
I left out religion as a reason for circumcision, simply because I believe it's not a valid reason at all. Most religious traditions are quite old, so I'd assume they were created in a time and day when people were lacking in hygiene and religious leaders couldn't think of any other way to teach people proper hygiene without using religion as an argument (as you can justify just about anything with religion, it seems, but that's a whole other issue).

I am from the US. And I am happily cut. And my son will definitely be cut, and damn it, he'll be happy too.
That's probably the very reason why Americans continued to have their kids circucised after the hygiene argument was no longer valid. My dad and granddad had it done, so I'll have it done to my kids. Every once in a while, it's a good idea to re-evaluate old traditions, especially in this case: Once the foreskin is gone, it's gone forever!

Erm, I havn't seen any other than my own. I wouldn't happen to know. u//u There is something that looks like it may have been caused by cutting off skin, but I still have not seen one circumcised and one not to be able to know the difference.
Follow the link to the Wikipedia article on circumcision. It does have sample pictures, maybe that makes it easier to figure out your own situation.

Peachy
(who still has all those - seemlingly - unnecessary body parts such as tonsils, appendix and foreskin :eek:)

Nam Repaid

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
I’m from the US and cut. Apparently the doctor told my mother I’d play with it if it wasn’t cut. (I asked why she had it done.) Like that worked! The doctor did a botch job on it though. I have a wide band of scar tissue with no feeling and he took too much off. An erection pulls the skin from my belly and scrotum up the shaft.

CIRCUMSISION IS MUTILATION!

It is wrong and should be banned. (IMHO)

Nam

Anon E. Mouse

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
o//o I'm still a bit red from looking at the pictures, but I guess I would be circumcised.

Status
Not open for further replies.