Christmas activity ideas.

And play lots of Christmas music. Almost all of my recorded Christmas music is of the church/classical variety. It always puts me in the Christmas mood.

• Love
Reactions: KrankyPants
dogboy said:
And play lots of Christmas music. Almost all of my recorded Christmas music is of the church/classical variety. It always puts me in the Christmas mood.
Yes! I reactivated Sirius XM just to hear those tunes in the car this holiday. 😀🎄✝️

Last edited:
Reactions: dogboy
I've just had my Advent calendar filled, yay! As always, while my caregiver placed the goodies inside it, I was blindfolded and trying to guess from what I could hear what my treats might be.

I love doing worksheets for numbers, letters and colors that are based on the season. There are tons that are free that you can print out. I also have an advent calendar.

Reactions: sonadam9
LittleAndrea said:
I love doing worksheets for numbers, letters and colors that are based on the season. There are tons that are free that you can print out. I also have an advent calendar.
Do you have any links for these?

There are tons more, google image search works too.

LittleAndrea said:

There are tons more, google image search works too.
Thank you.

Reactions: LittleAndrea
Paperchains, cut ❄Snowflakes, make a 🎅🏻 and Christmas tree 🎄 and paints etc make reindeer food. The list goes on

I recently bought some dinosaur footie pajamas complete with a spikey tail. I’m gonna wear nothing but very thick diapers underneath and go about my normal day to day activities.

Last edited:
This thread has me remembering a festive holiday photo meme from a few years ago with a toddler squatting in the background and the caption: “Nothing says Christmas like a dump in the pants behind the ol’ tree.”

(Seriously though, I’m going to make some cookies and cut out paper snowflakes.)

Last edited:
Reactions: Littlebabaprince
I had some time for little space the other day. I mad some cookies and this paper chain.

Attachments

• IMG_20211205_234919__01.jpg
    IMG_20211205_234919__01.jpg
    599.4 KB · Views: 4
  • Love
Reactions: Littlebabaprince, Angelapinks and Luvshugs
KrankyPants said:
Oh boy! I used to put my hot wheels cars in the train cars and pretend they were going somewhere! I'd also put small presents under the track to make hills. 😊 The train used to make smoke, too. I don't know how it did that... kind of scary now that I remember! 🤨 What was making that smoke!?!?
I think it was some kind of oil. I have Dept. 56 brand miniature houses ( Scrooges and Bob Cratchits house) and Scrooges warehouse etc. Bob Cratchits house has a chimney at the back that smokes when you add this oil. The heat from the inside light bulb makes it smoke I think. I just set it all up on a bed of fake snow getting ready for Christmas.

Reactions: KrankyPants
sonadam9 said:
I had some time for little space the other day. I mad some cookies and this paper chain.
I remember making paper chains for on the tree and decorating the walls too.

• Love
Reactions: KrankyPants and sonadam9
Angelapinks said:
I think it was some kind of oil. I have Dept. 56 brand miniature houses ( Scrooges and Bob Cratchits house) and Scrooges warehouse etc. Bob Cratchits house has a chimney at the back that smokes when you add this oil. The heat from the inside light bulb makes it smoke I think. I just set it all up on a bed of fake snow getting ready for Christmas.
Thank you! I do remember there being a bulb in there. I just don't recall anyone adding oil or anything. I remembered to ask my mom while I was driving and she said she wonders how, too!

Reactions: Angelapinks
sonadam9 said:
I really like your chains colors. ❤💙💚💛💜👌

You can use the wrappers from Quality Street chocolates to make stained glass windows with card, a pritt-stick and scissors

Reactions: Angelapinks
Decor them gingerbread cookies!! All of them 😡😤🎄
Making spray snow flakes on your windows is nice too. If you don’t plan to have a Christmas tree just getting some small decorations can change the mood instantly. Some nice music, lights, fragrances and cozy clothes will do the trick too. Ultimately you want someone you love to hug but… that’s rarely available for the most of us abdls.

Last edited:
Christmas colouring!! All the kids Christmas movies (“Elliot“is my current favourite!), kids Christmas music, Christmas socks/pjs - hmmmm those are just me, I wear them all the time little space or not.

MrPurple said:
You can use the wrappers from Quality Street chocolates to make stained glass windows with card, a pritt-stick and scissors
Yes, I have done the same thing with Quality St. wrappers and it looks amazing. I actually did this many years ago for my mom, making a large stained glass type window and gluing it to a wooden tree slice with bark still intact. Then I placed two small pine trees (from a Hobby shop) on each side and then two baby deer in front with a bit of fake snow on the base for effect. Mom loved it and had it on her table way after Christmas so I was pleased. She always said she didn't need anything when asked so I would make up some crafty items for her or a floral display for birthdays or Christmas. Even though I was the gardener in the family she loved having flowers in and around the house so I pretty much kept up the tradition till she passed. In early spring I would cut branches from the Flowering Almond tree or Forsythia and place in a vase in a sunny spot and she would watch the forced blooms just pop so it would bring springtime indoors for her when she could not go out.

Back