Chinese Democracy

Status
Not open for further replies.

chevre

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
It better be good -- it's taken them long enough lol. I'm waiting to hear it as well.

Lil Snap

Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Other
I just tried to hit Dr. Peppers site and it's Down!

Dream

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Carer
Free Dr. Pepper and a New Gun & Roses Album, could this get any better lol

M

Mako

Doesn't "sound" like GNR, even axel's lyrics just sound off. For all the work they put into this album, the song sounds like it was written by a highschool garage band.

Dream

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Carer
I notice something while listen to the song, you can still hear Buckethead guitar playing in the background lol.

Altric

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
According to Sebastian Bach (Skid Row), Chinese Democracy is the first in a trilogy of new albums. The third being set to release in 2012, but if we had to wait this long for C.D., I think it is highly unlikely that that date will remain.

But, I am getting the album the day it comes out, taking the receipt into the community college's newspaper editor, writing a review for the paper, and getting the album for free (reimbursement). It doesn't really feel much like GnR, but then again, sometimes the singles aren't the best songs on the album. I bought AC/DC Black Ice the day it released, and I hate the song Rock n Roll Train. Same with Metallica's Death Magnetic album and the song The Day That Never Comes.

I don't know how many people use torrents, but back in June or July there was a 9 song leak of the album. My cousin gave me a copy of it, and I can tell that there is a difference in the leaked versions and the single versions. Most likely due to the fact that they weren't done recording/mixing the album. Of course once I get the actual album, I will be destroying the copy I have of the leaked songs.

I think that Chinese Democracy will turn out just fine though.

Dawes

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Axl allegedly recorded over 400 songs over the past almost fifteen years. You can't tell me that out of those 400, he was never able to find at least ten songs good enough to put on the album until now?

If any of the songs sound like that one song off of the End of Days soundtrack from a few years ago, though, I'll be excited to hear it ... I want to hear some progression in Axl's style since the band broke up, and not the same old bullshit that was great back in the early 90s.

Dream

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Carer
According to Sebastian Bach (Skid Row), Chinese Democracy is the first in a trilogy of new albums. The third being set to release in 2012, but if we had to wait this long for C.D., I think it is highly unlikely that that date will remain.

But, I am getting the album the day it comes out, taking the receipt into the community college's newspaper editor, writing a review for the paper, and getting the album for free (reimbursement). It doesn't really feel much like GnR, but then again, sometimes the singles aren't the best songs on the album. I bought AC/DC Black Ice the day it released, and I hate the song Rock n Roll Train. Same with Metallica's Death Magnetic album and the song The Day That Never Comes.

I don't know how many people use torrents, but back in June or July there was a 9 song leak of the album. My cousin gave me a copy of it, and I can tell that there is a difference in the leaked versions and the single versions. Most likely due to the fact that they weren't done recording/mixing the album. Of course once I get the actual album, I will be destroying the copy I have of the leaked songs.

I think that Chinese Democracy will turn out just fine though.

If you want to listen to it now, all the songs are on Gun & Roses Myspace, so basically all someone have to do, is download them all from Myspace and put on limewire or something like that and bang you got yourself the whole CD for free.

Mysterious

Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Sissy
Heh, even though I like Guns N' Roses I'm afraid to listen to this album. I listened to their first single from it, and I don't like it at all. It just sounds like a totally different band, and it is a totally different band. I don't call it the same when the only common factor is Axl.

M

Mako

Irony is that axl's the only part left, and he doesn't even sound like himself. everytime I hear the chorus I just cringe "all we got is precious time" just sounds awkwardly sung. It's a really big step back musically, instead of sounding unique they sound like a generic alt-rock band.

Status
Not open for further replies.